Oslo, Norway - Report: Norwegian Killer Plotted To Assassinate US President Obama

Published on: April 1, 2012 04:12 PM
FILE - The accused Anders Behring Breivik (R) arrives at the court for his hearing in Oslo, Norway, 06 February 2012.FILE - The accused Anders Behring Breivik (R) arrives at the court for his hearing in Oslo, Norway, 06 February 2012.

Oslo, Norway - Anders Behring Breivik, the right-wing fanatic who admitted to killing 77 people in Norway last year, had plotted to assassinate US President Barrack Obama, Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet reported Sunday.

Speaking to police, Breivik said that he planned on packing a car with explosives and driving it onto the square next to Oslo City Hall, detonating it during the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony taking place there attended by the US president.

Breivik said that he decided against the plot only because its implausibility, maintaining that it would have been a perfect way to promote his anti-Islamic message, according to Dagbladet.

Salado, TX - The director of a Texas private school association that came under fire for refusing to reschedule a game that conflicted with the Sabbath says an Orthodox... Jerusalem - Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi Yona Metzger publicly declared that women are allowed, according to Halachah (Jewish law), to lead the Passover Seder, and it is even...

Apr 01, 2012 at 04:31 PM ALLAN Says:

It's a good thing this lunatic didn't carry out his plot. As much as I would like to see Mr. Obama defeated in November, it would be an insult to the democratic process which works reasonably well here in the USA to have our President assassinated. We vote people out, we don't take them out.

Apr 01, 2012 at 04:27 PM Brian Says:

Was he really a right winger?

Breivik writes in his manifesto that he is not religious, has doubts about God’s existence, does not pray, but does assert the primacy of Europe’s “Christian culture” as well as his own pagan Nordic culture.

Breivik hails Charles Darwin, whose evolutionary theories stand in contrast to the claims of the Bible, and affirms: “As for the Church and science, it is essential that science takes an undisputed precedence over biblical teachings. Europe has always been the cradle of science, and it must always continue to be that way. Regarding my personal relationship with God, I guess I’m not an excessively religious man. I am first and foremost a man of logic. However, I am a supporter of a monocultural Christian Europe.”

So we are not talking some typical right winger here when 95% of the right wing rejects Darwinism. At best he is a fringe minority with many independent thoughts that coincide with the right wing, but then again he has independent thought that coincide with the left wing as well such as Darwinism. The fact that he was identified as a right winger in the first sentence asserts the bias of this author.

Apr 01, 2012 at 05:26 PM MeirYaakov Says:

Brian Says:

Was he really a right winger?

The overwhelmingly accepted scientific consensus is a political position? If someone hails Newton's second law that force equals mass times acceleration would that make them a left-winger too?

Apr 01, 2012 at 06:19 PM Anonymous Says:

He is an insane winger. Nothing more, nothing less. If he were in North Korea or Cuba he would have also shot up a summer camp.

Apr 01, 2012 at 07:01 PM SherryTheNoahide Says:

This guy was a hateful nutcase - who CARES if he was a right-winger or a left-winger?! He was one of the most dangerous kind of terrorist that law enforcement are worried about: A crazy "anybody" who will come out of nowhere & do something big like this, all by him\herself, that was virtually undetected before the incident!

Seriously folks, (and I'm saying this as a Liberal)... I do NOT think it matters whether or not these sickos are from the Left OR the Right! We, the RATIONAL ones (from both sides of the aisle), have a responsibility to call these nutcases out whereEVER they may come from on the political spectrum, period!

That's why I am quick to defend both Gabby Gifford's safety... as well as Eric Cantors! That's why I always call for our current President (Obama) to be kept under the most safest of precautions... just as I did the President before him (Bush)!

Point is: We cannot allow ourselves to become so polarized politically in this country, that not only are we willing to set aside some of our most cherished principles...we become ALSO willing to turn a blind eye to hate-filled political violence!

I for one am NOT gloating this guy was a Right-Winger.

I'm just sad.

Apr 02, 2012 at 09:20 AM concerned_Jew Says:

Brian Says:

Was he really a right winger?

Agreed. If anything he was a left wing socialist nut job. His belief are more in line with National Socialism, i.e. Nazism than right wing conservatism. Nazi's are extreme socialists/atheists who deny G-d and commit atrocious acts of violence for their cause.