Monticello, NY - Mayor Arrested after Striking Police Officer

Published on: July 3, 2012 11:21 PM
By: Read full article at Times Herald-Record
Mayor Gordon JenkinsMayor Gordon Jenkins

Monticello, NY - Village police charged Mayor Gordon Jenkins with a misdemeanor and a violation, saying he threw a punch at another man and hit a police officer during an incident at his store.

Jenkins and his wife, Rochelle Massey, called to report two people causing a disturbance at Jenkins’ shop, G-Man Beauty Supplies, on Broadway, The Times Herald Record is reporting that Jenkins punched a man inside his store and also hit a police officer..

Police said Jenkins did not intend to hit the officer, but it’s not something police take lightly. He was released with appearance tickets.

New York, NY - Voters in New York State use a vote-scanning system that can tally votes swiftly and, in most cases, correctly. Not New York City. The city’s Board of... Florida - In the presidential battleground with the biggest prize, Democrat Barack Obama is focused on ratcheting up voter turnout in Florida's university towns, its...

Jul 03, 2012 at 11:37 PM Anonymous Says:

Purim in the catskills

Jul 04, 2012 at 01:03 AM upState Says:

I love to shop in his store, I always wait for the summer to get my shoes,
he & his wife are very friendly

Jul 04, 2012 at 09:15 AM Anonymous Says:

His behavior was definitely caused by the city dwellers that come up and trample all over them during the summer. Don't you know we are the cause of all their problems?

Jul 04, 2012 at 10:47 AM Avreich1 Says:

That jest is probably truer than you realize.

Jul 04, 2012 at 11:14 AM mewhoze Says:

wasnt he once allegedly arrested for allegedly having drug parphanelia in his store?

Jul 04, 2012 at 01:11 PM bigwheeel Says:

Wish we had a fightin' mayor here in NYC. In fact, there was a New York mayor named Edward I. Koch. A protester at a rally once came up to him and assaulted him. The mayor socked him right in the face and the perp. dropped to the ground.
Btw. His Yiddish name was Yidl Itzik. He claimed that the name was after his grandfather, who, in pre-communist Russia was a gang leader.

Jul 09, 2013 at 05:00 PM gigi3 Says:

bigwheeel Says:

I teach in a NYC public school and I look forward to summer vacation when I pack all my gear and move up to Monticello. I have a little house that I purchased way back in 1986 and I have vacationed there ever since. I love the beauty and the peacefulness and the people are very friendly. I enjoy Miss Monticello Diner and so do many of my friends who come to visit. I remember the movie theater that use to be in the plaza where Home Depot is located. I wish there was a Movie theater in Monticello so I don't have to take my kids all the way into Middleton. I have to say that Broadway is looking good with all the renovations- Thank you Mr. Mayor. Does anyone know what's happening to the Apollo Mall? I remember shopping in there a very long time ago? Progress takes time and thank you Mayor Jenkins for all you do.