New York - Orthodox Assmblyman Heads South To Urge Florida Democrats: Vote Republican

Published on: October 23, 2012 11:15 AM

New York - With just two weeks left until the presidential election, Orthodox Jewish Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind will shift his focus to national politics, as he heads down to South Florida in order to garner votes for republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

Hikind, a Democrat, confirmed that he will be leaving for Florida at the end of the week and will spend several days speaking with the state’s democratic population.

“This is one of the most important elections I have ever been a part of,” Hikind told VIN News.  “I hope to convince my fellow democrats that the choice this year should be a Republican.  Looking at the last four years, I can’t think of a single area where we have been successful.”

Hikind has been very vocal in his support for Romney, stumping for the Republican candidate in both the local and national media.  In a September 24th appearance on Fox News’ Your World program, Hikind criticized President Obama sharply for his Middle East policy, saying that if the president were to win the election, it could be devastating for Israel.

“People in Florida have asked me to come down and speak to Democratic voters,” explained Hikind.  “I am more than happy to do my part to help and, in fact, I made that offer on national television when I appeared with Neil Cavuto on Fox News. I am going down there, as a Democrat, to speak to Democrats about my concerns.”

Hoping to spur Jewish voters, who traditionally vote democrat, to support Romney, Hikind recalled previous elections where every vote was crucial.

“Remember the Gore/Bush election not too long ago and how close it was?” asked Hikind.  “This election is very important to me and my community and I am doing my part as an individual to get across my very strong feelings.  I really believe that we need a change.”

Boca Raton FL - Big Bird, binders and ... bayonets! Well, at last we know the three Twitter memes of the debate season — and they all start with 'B.' But beyond... New York - The Transportation Security Administration is removing full body scanners from New York's airports and moving them to less busy airports. LaGuardia and...

You can now automatically hide comments - New!

Don't worry, you can always display comments when you need to.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM fellow Jew Says:

Dov is the best, he is always there for us

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM Sherree Says:

The Agudah made a concerted effort to have American Jews living in Israel send in their absentee ballots, I believe this is something that the Obama campaign has neglected to take into account!

Oct 23, 2012 at 01:17 PM Anonymous Says:

Romney is going to cut most welfare. My entire family has been on section 8 and welfare for 2 generations. What will we do since we have no skills and can't work? We are good yidden, study hard and make the most of our lifes.

Oct 23, 2012 at 01:37 PM DanielBarbaz Says:

I am sorry for you and the fact that you have managed to live on a meager income for so long.

There are many programs available in which you can learn marketable skills. I wish you and your family hatzlacha!

Oct 23, 2012 at 01:50 PM dstern11206 Says:

What 'Hisgarus Be'imus" this is & imagine how much Sinas Chinum this may cause!! People living in a country are trying to impress the outcome of presidential elections in the USA because of their interest in another country (isreal)... this is way beyond belief.
We should be appreciating that we have a free country to practice our religion and we are not being bothered...
Hashem should help us all...

Oct 23, 2012 at 02:14 PM DRE53 Says:

dstern11206 Says:

Hashem should help us all...

What Sinas Chinom are you talking about? Do u know it's definition?
Nevertheless, I agree to your main point. We need to be careful not to imply as if we're concerned about Israel more than the US. After all, Chayecho Kodmin. We need to make sure that yidden in America are safe and able to practice yiddishkeit, before ANYTHING else

Oct 23, 2012 at 02:44 PM OYVY2 Says:

It is so wonderful to know a politician like Dov Hikind that does not parrot party line when the obvious good is for the Jewish Community and indeed goes out of his way to do the right thing.

Oct 23, 2012 at 02:54 PM Kim Li Says:

I assume that this is a satire. But just in a case it isn't, may I suggest that you acquire some skills and get a job, which is what most people (even "good yidden") do.

Oct 23, 2012 at 02:58 PM FrumJew Says:

Welfare is supposed to be temporary benefit, not a nachalah for generations.

Oct 23, 2012 at 04:59 PM RobertS Says:

Uhhhh... what subjects do you "study hard"? Torah? Or vocational/professional skills? I find it hard to believe that a family of diligent students in post-secondary education for vocational or professional subjects remains on Section 8 and Welfare for 2 entire generations. I also resent your sense of entitlement to what you describe as "my welfare". It's not YOUR welfare money, it's other people's money, redistributed by the government. If you are receiving that type of help, benefit, and blessing, then don't complain when the people who supply it can't afford ever more for ever more people like you who have unrealistic sense of entitlement. Perhaps you should speak to a Rav about ways to make more hishtadlut.

Oct 23, 2012 at 05:55 PM Anonymous Says:

Troll.

And look at all those you fooled.

Ha.

Oct 23, 2012 at 07:05 PM esther Says:

DRE53 Says:

What Sinas Chinom are you talking about? Do u know it's definition?

yeah, just throw ey and all the yidden living there under the bus as long as your comfy in bp.SHAME ON YOU!

Oct 23, 2012 at 08:24 PM shalomke Says:

Fina;y a frum activist who understands that the jewish world extends past the boundaries of Boro Park and Flatbush.

Oct 23, 2012 at 06:33 PM Anonymous Says:

RobertS Says:

"I find it hard to believe that a family of diligent students in post-secondary education for vocational or professional subjects remains on Section 8 and Welfare for 2 entire generations. "

Why is that so difficult to believe? New Square and KJ are almost 90% 2nd generation Section 8 and welfare and all the kids go to school.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM Anonymous Says:

I am sincerely curious as to how the Chassidim plan to vote. I understand that they typically vote as a bloc, and it is also well known that many of them are on welfare, medicaid, food stamps, WIC. Does this mean that they will be voting for Obama?

Oct 24, 2012 at 03:16 AM Sherree Says:

Oct 24, 2012 at 07:53 AM Hashem Hu Malkeinu Says:

esther Says:

Yes, that is what American citizens are supposed to do. We are not Jonney Pollards who sell our medine shel chessed out for a shlimazel state that desecrates EY and brings anti-Semitism to the entire world.

I do not care one iota what Romney's policies are regarding a country in which I do not live. In fact, if it were only a matter of that country, I would vote Obama davka because he is forcing it to stand on its own and sink or swim rather than living off of Fetter Shmeel. My concern is the economy, and that is why I will vote Romney.

What I am sure of is that if the medine fails, Romney will not do what Roosevelt did during WW2. Instead, he will welcome six million Jewish refugees from a mismanaged and misbegotten state.