New York - Senator-Elect Felder Opts to Caucus With Republican Conference

Published on: November 13, 2012 05:38 PM
By: VIN News Staff

New York - In a much-anticipated statement, Senator-elect Simcha Felder just announced that he will caucus with the Republican Senate Majority Conference when he takes office in January 2013.

In his statement, Felder explained his decision, saying, “From the moment I began my campaign for Senate, I made clear that the priorities of my district will form my agenda in Albany. I represent a middle-class community with substantial concerns about the direction of our State. And I have been clear that I will work with any group of Senators who have real economic development and jobs-encouragement ideas, who plan to bring substantial tax relief to the people who elected me, who have compassion for the poor and respect for the middle class, who support the improvement of public education and a plan to ease the burden of tuition-paying parents across New York.”

After meeting today with Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos and discussing the issues facing his constituents, Felder noted that he feels confident he will be able to “advance a legislative agenda that best meets their needs.”

“I have enormous respect for the Senators from both parties, but I must choose to caucus with those Senators who will best serve the communities I represent,” Felder added.

New York, NY - As the recovery from Hurricane Sandy continues, the Health Department urges New Yorkers to protect themselves from health and injury risks during cleanup... Kiryas Joel, NY - Visiting Kiryas Joel – a village in Orange County with a population of 20,000, many of whom are under the age of 12 – has long been a must for both...

You can now automatically hide comments - New!

Don't worry, you can always display comments when you need to.

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:00 PM Yanki Says:

Some fresh air for once!

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:09 PM Facts1 Says:

Surprise!

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:22 PM CSLMoish Says:

Umm now maybe does he want to switch parties and disavow the immoral anti-semite Democratic party

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:31 PM Facts1 Says:

Now let him deliver real solutions. Something for the taxpayers, like school vouchers and tax relief from an increasingly intrusive government.

Enough money already given to Ohel and Shomrim!

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:52 PM DRE53 Says:

Nice move, simcha. Thanx for taking my advise.

Nov 13, 2012 at 07:15 PM PMOinFL Says:

What does that mean?

Will he put an end to the "welfare by choice" lifestyle in NY?
Will he put an end to the "free healthcare" enjoyed by millions who refuse to carry insurance but demand to be treated for free in our hospitals?
Will he put an end to Section 8 subsidies?

If not, he's just another liberal New Yorker in a red coat. Conservatism in NY is nonexistent. The Democrats in FL are more Conservative than any NY Republican.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM Anonymous Says:

PMOinFL Says:

What does that mean?

Will he put an end to the "welfare by choice" lifestyle in NY?
Will he put an end to Section 8 subsidies?

The world is not a perfect place. Be happy with what you got.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM monalisa Says:

Why didn't he just run as a Republican? Could it be they didn't want him to replace Storobin?

Nov 14, 2012 at 09:14 AM PMOinFL Says:

The world is not a perfect place. Be happy with what you got.

But what I should I be happy about? What will he *DO*? I can't see where he takes any REAL stand that could make any difference on any REAL issues. He basically follows the same old New York liberal line.... "take from the rich, take from the middle class, take from anyone who has anything.... and give it to the stupid, the lazy, the incompetent and the thieves." So why is this news?

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM awacs Says:

PMOinFL Says:

The real reason that this is news is that this will *probably* allow the republicans to keep their majority in the state senate, and block lots of bad things from happening in NYS. The NYS republicans, although far to the left of where you and I stand, are quite a bit to the right of the NYS democrats ...