Brooklyn, NY - Men Arrested In Connection With Taking Photos In Court Arraigned On Shabbos

Published on: December 1, 2012 07:18 PM
By: VIN News Staff

Brooklyn, NY - The four Orthodox Jewish men arrested on Thursday night for allegedly snapping photographs in court of the 17-year-old accuser of Nechemya Weberman, 54, were arraigned Friday night after sundown.

DNAinfo.com reports (http://bit.ly/VbZLvW) that Williamsburg residents Joseph Fried, Yona Weisman, Lemon Juice, and Abraham Zupnick were all arrested, with the charges against Zupnick dropped on Friday due to lack of evidence.

The men were released late Friday night. Bail was set at $5,000 bond or $2,500 cash for each of the three men.

If convicted, they each face up to a year in jail.

The timing of the arraignment made it nearly impossible for the men’s family to appear in court to show their support. It also forced the men to walk home from court since driving or riding on shabbos is forbidden. “It’s a huge problem,” said Yoel Fried, Joseph Fried’s brother. “They had to walk home.” The men live an estimated 2.5 to 3 miles from the courthouse.

A friend of the three men said he felt the arraignment was deliberately delayed until after shabbos had already begun. “It’s very bad. They’re doing it on purpose,” he said. “The paperwork should be done by now. It’s been 24 hours.”

The Brooklyn DA’s office said they had no control over when the arraignment took place.

Meanwhile, The NY Daily News (http://nydn.us/YiOGRq) says it has obtained a recording Of Fried who had been secretly recorded arguing with the alleged victim’s now-husband a few months ago.

“Even if it’s true, he shouldn’t go to jail,” Fried is heard saying of Weberman, “A Jew doesn’t belong in jail.”

California - An actress who said she was duped into appearing in an anti-Islam film that stoked violent protests against the United States across the Muslim world lost... Newark, NJ - New Jersey Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa quietly visited a Newark mosque Friday that had been listed in a secret report by the New York Police Department...

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:39 PM Aryeh Says:

Lemon Juice? Seriously?

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:39 PM torontonian Says:

2.5 miles is less than an hour's walk, not so terrible. Don't take picture pictures in court and you won't have any problems.

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:41 PM ChareidiMan Says:

I dont think now is the time to complain about Friday Night, there is alot of Soul searching to do, and to make sure we start living with a little bit of responsibility.

The last few days have not been one of our shining times and the uneducated actions of us all around is not helping.

Hopefuly this circus will be over soon and Justcie will be served somehow and we can move on and learn a valuable lesson how jewish people should act

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:46 PM whatwhere Says:

The name Lemon Juice? What's that all about?

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:47 PM seicheldig Says:

Its known that nucem rosenberg was behind this for some reson that old hag d.a. Is afraid of him because he keeps running to The midia & they eat it up & repeat every thing he feeds them. I must say that I used to respect nuchem but now if you realize its all become personal its tit for tat he is no more in it for the justce of the victim. He's in it to settle some scores

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:47 PM Boroch Says:

I have 0 sympathy for those defendants, when they knew that it was illegal to take photos in court. If they do the crime, they should do the time. And, they should not use Shabbos, as a complaint, that their arraignment was deliberately delayed until Shabbos begun.

Dec 01, 2012 at 07:51 PM heshysquirtz Says:

Seriously, what's with the Lemon Juice? Makes me laugh each time I see it.

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:01 PM Anonymous Says:

this sums it all up! The mentality of our community to wear blinders like this, is unheard of.

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:05 PM BLONDI Says:

what kind of a name is lemon juice???
attention mr fried: mr weberman shouldnt be doing those kind of things because he is a jew....

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:12 PM DACON9 Says:

JEWS DONT BELONG IN JAIL?
Go to 'otisville correctiional federal facility' upstate.
They even have a midrash , there are so many beards in jail.
What you should have said is that Jews should act like the representatives of Hashem
AND NOT LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:22 PM Mel_from_Monsey Says:

It is true Jews should not go to jail. It is also true that should obey the law.

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:24 PM oPhoto Says:

Who is this Lemon Juice guy? How does one get such a name. They mad a big shtink this week when someone named their child Hashtag!

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:29 PM ShmutzVesh Says:

Lemon Juice???? and the ferd calls himself jewish?? I wonder if he has a hehsher??

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:29 PM TexasJew Says:

Is one of the cassidim really named "Lemon Juice"? Was he born on Succos? Something is wrong with that name.

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:31 PM Anonymous Says:

ACLU?

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:33 PM Anonymous Says:

intimidation coming in their direction doesn't feel good, does it??? If you give it you gotta be able to take it!

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:52 PM ChareidiMan Says:

seicheldig Says:

For starters please change your name from Seicheldig, you’re embarrassing yourself.
I am not sure you can comrehand this,but I will attempt one time: the USA Government does not work like the Hisachdes Harabunim, they do what is legal and right, they don’t care what you say, what I say, what nuchem say or what anyone says.
In your typical crooked way of looking at things, u will always find an excuse for this type of behavior, instead on thinking straight and acting straight.
An education would have been very helpful for you

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:05 PM Lemon Juice aquainatance Says:

Aryeh Says:

Lemon Juice? Seriously?

I actually know Lemon Juice. He is a very pleasant single guy that legally changed his name to lemon Juice. I do not know if his parents are too proud of the name change. I see him often in a store I shop in and he is a very pleasant person, always willing to go the extra mile.
I would consider him as shiduch material
Having stated the above, nothing I am saying should be taken as support for Weberman. I was never there and do not know what happened.

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:11 PM yanky Says:

This boy changed his legal name to lemon juice recently. I know him

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:16 PM shredready Says:

Mel_from_Monsey Says:

why should they not go to jail when they commit crimes

lemon juice rumor has it changed his name because his family has a dark history of molestation

why lemon juice that i do not know

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:30 PM ross Says:

He can call himself whatever name he wants .you.could change your name anytime you can call yourself latke

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:36 PM yaakov doe Says:

Not a bad walk at all from the courts to Williamburg. They are lucky that they didn't live in Seagate.

Did Lemon Juice walk with them? When he was named "Lemon" at the bris I can imagine the laughter. Siblings are Orange, Apple, Grape and Grapefruit.

Dec 01, 2012 at 09:55 PM Anonymous Says:

Why is the focus on Lemon Juice and not the fact that people are complaining these breakers of the courtroom laws had to walk home on Shabbos? It wasn't snowing or raining--big deal they had to walk. They will now be heros in their community! Shanda :(

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:06 PM Anonymous Says:

DACON9 Says:

JEWS DONT BELONG IN JAIL?
Go to 'otisville correctiional federal facility' upstate.
They even have a midrash , there are so many beards in jail.
AND NOT LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Reply to #10. it seems that the beard is your issue up in otisville ,I go there pretty often and I had a chance to Shmooz and get a bit familiar with the yidden there bearded and unbearded alike , without these with the beards. you people without the beards would've been long gone ,there's no such a thing by you to help another jew even there in the jail system .shabbos morning are you (unbearded one's) the one's to disturb the "thilim minyan with the excuse of "bitel torah" shame on the torah to have followers like you people, anytime a prisoner is in need there of food or any assistance etc. Only the (bearded) guy's would be the one's to help out those yidden in need, cause you would sing your common song "you did the crime do the time," even while sitting in jail the hatred you people developed to a bearded chassic jew is unbelievable, but its high time we should start treating you a bit like you treating the (bearded jews) maybe you'll see who out there is following the jewish behavior ,cause you really think that's you , A tova for another one never ever even in jail. You might not like my post , but its a fact as I go to otisville almost once a month and its a unfortunate fact ,

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:13 PM get real! Says:

"its a huge problem."

Well if you did what they claim you did, that's a HUGHER problem!

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:16 PM ShmutzVesh Says:

yaakov doe Says:

LOL you hit the lemon on the head!!!

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:18 PM yaakov doe Says:

Lemon Juice aquainatance Says:

I would consider him as shiduch material

I think the name change will make a shidduch difficult. Who wants to be known as Mrs. Lemon Juice? What would the invitation say? By the way is he a sweet guy?

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:24 PM ComeOn Says:

This lemon juice guy reminds me of a NY Times story about the Jewish scene in Woodburne during the summer when they interviewed a guy named Moishe Kishmach!

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:41 PM sweet lemon juice Says:

yaakov doe Says:

In reply to Yaakov doe
Mr Juice is very sweet guy, no kidding. I am not a personal friend but I am familiar with him. I resent the post that states the name was changed because of a family history, I think the comment was in jest and, as such, in very poor and bitter taste.

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:50 PM think Says:

@YossiGestetner Orthodox Jew are 10% of Brooklyn, yet not even 1% of public crimes (which means crimes that we cant "hide"), but we R treated as Garbage. Therefore I push back as much as I can. and again #Weberman being guilty or not is no reason for Media to smear us.

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:51 PM DACON9 Says:

ANYONE CAN GROW A BEARD AND WEAR A PURIM COSTUME.
Its the actions that makes a Jew not the beard and european costumes.
Like the children of esauv telling me they saved Jews in the holocaust.
BUT THEIR BROTHERS WERE KILLING US IN THE HOLOCAUST.
You LIKE SO MANY TWISTED THE MEANING OF SERVING HASHEM.
YES...YOU DID THE CRIME NOW DO THE TIME is true and all the beards are in prison...dats da crime dats da time..you fool
YOU WEAR THE BADGE,THE CLOTHS OF OPPRESSED EUROPEAN JEWS BUT YOU ACT LIKE THE ROMANS.
You wouldnt say 'shalom' in the mikvah but you will do sins against man in your black suits AFTER your prayers
and you want to teach me a lesson?
I too visit that prison and they are all innocent arent they....
ITS YOU THAT IS an embarrassment to TORAH.
You are offended because I said to the reader that he should have posted that JEWS SHOULD HAVE ACTED LIKE HASHEMS REPRESENTATIVES
and you got upset?????
YOU RIDE ON THE SHIRTTAILS OF ZTADEKEEM
Acting rightious haughty and arrogant
NOT TELLING JEWS TO MAKE TESHUVAH TO EXAMINE THEIR ACTIONS TO WALK LIKE ISRAEL AMD YOU REPRIMAND ME..
Mashiach is surely coming soon for you show how upside down the world became.

Dec 01, 2012 at 10:23 PM rikki Says:

There is one thing here noone talks about. The sin of Mechalal Shabbos you can do Tsuvah for but what, supposedly, Weberman did there is no Tsuvah or forgiveness! Do these guys even know this? Why are they defending someone that more than likely is guilty of what he's being accused of? Would they be doing all this if it were one of their loved ones that, supposedly, this had happened to?

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:09 AM TruthForever Says:

think Says:

I'm usually not a big fan of Yossi G. But I think he's very right now with his comment!

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:35 AM Anonymous Says:

why don't we see Rabbi Horowitz or Mr. Max come out and run to the press and complain that the rights of Jewish people were trampled on by having the inditment on Friday night. I guess they pick and choose whats inportant and Chillul Shabbos isn't, and please don't tell me stories about how important bringing down molesters are because chillul shabbos is worse and I don't see you giving an interview to the tabloids about how bad you feel that in free democratic America they make you sign papers and go for a judge on shabbos night

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:48 AM schwartzi Says:

Aryeh Says:

Lemon Juice? Seriously?

ya,why not?

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:43 AM Brooklynhocker Says:

His real name is Liebish Yousef- his nick name is Lemon Juice.

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:36 AM Yawvous Says:

Here's the story behind Mr Lemon Juice
The real name is Shulem -[shortened to Lem]
Nossen= initial N- all together is Lemon
Juice- a pseudonym for Josh
All together-Shulem Nossen Yehoshua-last name withheld

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:22 AM bewhiskered Says:

Says:

"A Jew doesn’t belong in jail."

And, do you know why a Jew doesn't belong in jail? Because he eats lox!

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:33 AM ItsMyOpinion Says:

You are to be commended for visiting Ottisville once a month. It is great for you to give the inmates chizuk. Those who are there can and should do teshuva and hopefully you are helping with that.
There is a problem with why they are there. The number of "frum" jews in Ottisville is high. The have minyanim, daf yomi and learning going on. Isn't there something wrong with this picture. It is a terrible chilul Hashem to have this happening. I only pray that when they leave this place they are different people.
Greed for money is a large reason for their incarcerations. May they learn from their mistakes and not repeat them.

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:39 AM ZSNYC Says:

3 comments, 1) for all you law abiding citizens, who are so concerned about breaking the law. Have you never jay walked before? Be realistic, taking a photo in a court room is against the law, and jay walking is against the law. Both are punishable up to a year in jail. I see no reason why this crime is bigger than jay walking. I've never heard you guys saying the if caught jay walking belongs it jail, did the crime-pay the time. 2) why are the names Olive Pitt or Shayna Feig or Zeesa Wine, any different. 3) A jew should never sit in jail. What's wrong with that comment? It is absolutely true. Were the elite, the chosen nation, and chosen people, do deserve royal and better treatment, even if they commit a crime. Now, if being the elite of hashem, does not sit well with you, you can give it up. Hindu is a nice religion. There you're welcome, you don't have to be part of the Am Hanivchar. I bet you nobody is going to miss you. Shame on all of the self hating jews

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:58 AM Rabbi_CS Says:

Anonomous,
1) Pikuach Nefesh IS Doche Shabbos, so you are wrong when you say "chillul Shabbos" is worse.
2) Signing papers is at most a D'Rabonon, since Ksiva on Shabbos to be D'Oraisa needs to be Ksav Ashuris.
3) The people broke the law. There is no dispute. If they broke the law, and put themselves in position to be arrested, processed, and released, it is their fault, and their fault alone.
4) How many people would YOU need to tell you what happened, before you believe that this guy is guilty?
5) Yichud is a pretty serious Aveira. Even if EVERYTHING the alleged victim said was made up, you still can't escape that he is an Avaryon, undisputed. Are you one of those who hold that he is exempt from the Issur of Yichud?

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:40 AM ross Says:

ItsMyOpinion Says:

Thats your opinion .

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:54 AM ohvei Says:

Just to make clear,the guys who took the pictures where not the weberman suppurters,they are part of the gang of the Teen and her boyfriend-husband,the weberman supporters did not apper in court.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:07 AM Anonymous Says:

you are so illiterate it is impossible to make out what you are saying except that you are angry at someone about beards.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:08 AM cdg528 Says:

as I remember giluy aryos is worse than chilul shabas

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:13 AM Anonymous Says:

think Says:

Orthodox Jews are 10% of Brooklyn? Are you insane?

How do you just fabricate ridiculous statistics like and expect people to take you seriously?

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:14 AM Anonymous Says:

DACON9 Says:

ANYONE CAN GROW A BEARD AND WEAR A PURIM COSTUME.
Its the actions that makes a Jew not the beard and european costumes.
Like the children of esauv telling me they saved Jews in the holocaust.
BUT THEIR BROTHERS WERE KILLING US IN THE HOLOCAUST.
You LIKE SO MANY TWISTED THE MEANING OF SERVING HASHEM.
and you want to teach me a lesson?
I too visit that prison and they are all innocent arent they....
ITS YOU THAT IS an embarrassment to TORAH.
and you got upset?????
YOU RIDE ON THE SHIRTTAILS OF ZTADEKEEM
Acting rightious haughty and arrogant
Mashiach is surely coming soon for you show how upside down the world became.

You both need extreme and intense psychological help, and English classes wouldn't hurt either of you much, either.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:15 AM Anonymous Says:

sweet lemon juice Says:

In reply to Yaakov doe

Get with the program, the guy was trying to make a joke (badly). Lemon juice is bitter, not sweet. Not a funny joke, but he was not inquiring about the guy's personality. wake up!

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:17 AM Anonymous Says:

Lemon Juice aquainatance Says:

I would consider him as shiduch material

you consider a person who legally changed his name to "Lemon Juice" to be shidduch material? what kind of shidduch material, exactly? for people as mentally challenged as you?

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:23 AM Anonymous Says:

you are confusing contempt with hatred.

The fact that empty beards are concerned with their religious practices bain odom lamokom while in prison for committing crimes against odom le'odom is a joke.

People don't "hate" these fakers, they have contempt for them and their arrogant and self-righteous attitudes like yours. If you look at Jews to see which ones are "following the Jewish behavior", as you wrote, it is easy: it is ones that don't get sent to prison.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:31 AM Anonymous Says:

ZSNYC Says:

ZSNYC, if a Jewish man raped you daughter, you don't think he should sit in jail?

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:37 AM Anonymous Says:

ohvei Says:

Ohvei, one of the guys who took the pictures is Webermans assistant in the "vaad Htznius"
Oh, yeah. He is the guy who offered her Chasan half million dollars to shut her up.
Your statement "guys who took the pictures where not the weberman suppurters,they are part of the gang of the Teen and her boyfriend-husband,the weberman supporters did not apper in court" is outright Sheker.
Just like most statements here supporting Weberman

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:40 AM Anonymous Says:

ZSNYC Says:

your opinion is that jaywalking is the equivalent of the charges here. you are wrong. Because you "see no reason" is irrelevant, bewcause your opinion matters to no one but you.

You are correct that Jews should never sit in jail. it is absolutely true, we are the elite of nations. so why are you angry at everyone except those that put the Jews in jail?

If you are one of the chosen people, act like it. Jews should never sit in jail because Jews should never do things that get them sent to jail.

These jews brought it on themselves, and they are the ones you should be angry at. These Jews themselves caused themselves to sit in jail.

and you should not use terms like "self-hating Jews" unless you understand their meanings.

none of the Jews involved hate themselves. You, maybe, but not themselves.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:42 AM Anonymous Says:

no ones rights were trampled. if they did not want to be be released Friday night they could have waited until Saturday night - luckily it was a very early shabbos.

no one kicked them to the street or forced them to leave if they were so concerned.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:43 AM Anonymous Says:

ohvei Says:

who cares, and why would this amatter to anyone?

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:53 AM MIESQ Says:

intimidating witnesses and taking pictures in Court is a very serious crime as it undermines the fairness of legal process. These fellows should know better and are responsible for the consequences.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:08 AM funny Says:

That's why lemon juice is an "acidic jew"!!!

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:12 AM Flatbush Says:

this entire case is a jike, these dropout are out on their former brothers an sisters, and will fabricate anything to get them in trouble, as was seen last week in court when this "shiksa" said so many lies, that the attorney will have a very EZ time to proof in cross examination that she is full of it!!

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:32 AM Sarak Says:

everyone is missing the point of this whole story, its not about weberman, or lemon juice its about the fact that the court knew full well about shabbat and didn't care, if this would be muslims they would make sure not to do anything to interfere with their holiday.

so whats my point? well the anti jewish movement going on is no different than euro 1930's

weberman is on trial, I don't know and you don't know if its true or not, that's why there is a trial.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:38 AM Anonymous Says:

interesting how worried you are about chillul shabbos, what about chillul hash-m? its weird to me how people like you pick and choose what mitzvahs your willing to do anything to keep and what doesn't matter!

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:38 AM clear-thinker Says:

ZSNYC Says:

Where to start? What will your next position be? Free Leiby's murderer, he is a Jew? Oh well, at least you are not a self- hating Jew, just a moron.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:54 AM Anonymous Says:

I'm curious how these four were able to fool the guards and the scanning devices and get their phones past them. I thought that since almost every phone has the ability to take photo's, they were banned. I too have been to the Otisville facility and am aware of the way too many Jews imprisoned there. We are not above the laws of the land, if we break the laws we deserve no special treatment. Seeing that many in jail there or in any prison puts a black mark on us all.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:07 PM think before you speak Says:

First of all everyone knows that the United States has today a unfair and unjust justice System. say what you want, it has become a free for all, for the prosecutors and judges. We have much to learn from Europe.
Secondly
All you judges what will you say if and when he is acquitted ?
nothing and the damage is done.
I would love to cross examine her in discovery.
Mark my words.
This man is a sane man, not living in the fantasy movie world therefore he surely did not do it.
You will owe him an apology.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:08 PM Anonymous Says:

Unfortunately, I've had first hand experience with the court system in Brooklyn. Some of the lawyers there are a little too friendly with some of the judges. Since this case has generated a lot of media exposure, I'm hoping that the judge involved will be as objective as possible and not allow the "ol' boy network" to sway this case.

Also, Satmar has a lot of political connections to this system, they know which lawyers are "connected" to which judges and may corrupt the trial in Webermans favor. There is nothing like the sanitizing effect of public exposure to keep this snake pit as clean as possible. Let's all hope it stays that way and Weberman gets what he deserves. Stay strong and persevere. U'viarto horo mekirbecha...

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:45 PM rikki Says:

Get your facts straight, Chilul Shabbos is not worse as you can do Tshuva for that and for what Weberman did there isn't Tshuva or forgiveness! What he, supposedly, did was with a clear mind and intent, obviously, with no fear of retribution from Hashem or the Law!!!!

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:48 PM Objective Says:

The Weberman team didn't ask anybody to come, the accused was only accompanied by a few family memebrs and attorneys.
I happen to know all 4 fellas arrested on Thurs. the 1 that had his charges dropped is a simple nosybody who came out of curiosity as many others did, and as he's entitled by law to watch a court trial, and he was aquitted since he has done nothing.
2 others know each other and they may have come together or just met there, also out of curiosity, they were all just a bunch of curious onlookers part of the big crowd.
.one of them took a picture cuz he thought it's a cute idea, there was no "lomdus" behind it, by now he learned the hard way that it was a very stupid idea and it's against the law to take pics in court, and it wasn't cool at all, the third one 'Lemon juice' is a big fab and supporter of the accuser, and I doubt he knew it was against the law to take pics as well.

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:22 PM Butterfly Says:

If you did the crime you do the time. Stop crying about it. He did something wrong. He is not a little kid. Man up!! Pay your dues!!

Dec 02, 2012 at 01:24 PM Shiduch material Says:

I happen to be M.O. I know lemon juice and he seems to be a mentsh. There are many boys of shiduch age that are not mentshen. To me, being a mentsh is high on the list, it is not the only requirement. In my upbringing this guy would be referred to as having a chap.
Your reference to me as mentally challenged does not offend me personally but it is offensive to all those that are challenged. Anything can happen to anybody at any time in life so please try not to hurt people.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:06 PM ohvei Says:

(Reply to 52)
1)Thanks for giving weberman an assistant I think you should take some Brokbridge money for this shiduch (weberman-fried)
2)I take my facts from knowing thease guys, not from news sources like faied Messiah or other anti Semit news sites,I know the guys they are buttys of the teen as a Freind of The teen and the boyfriend they told them not to make a fool of them selves and to drop the charges.
3) regarding you calling me a weberman supporter,I am actually a supporter of innocent until proven guilty,I am for sure bot supporting therapist and counselor who are Oiver on "Issar yichid " but if he did what the teen said that's something nobody knows.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:09 PM FinVeeNemtMenSeichel Says:

Why shouldn't we tell you stories? Why are Rabbi Horowitz and Mr. Max obligated to act upon what *you* deem important? Chilul Shabbos is only worse than molestation if it isn't your kid being molested. You rant like a fool because you are on the wrong side of the issue.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:33 PM Anonymous Says:

Flatbush Says:

"as was seen last week in court when this "shiksa" said so many lies, that the attorney will have a very EZ time to proof in cross examination that she is full of it!!"

So now she's a "shiksa"? If Weberman were a goy and did this to a Jewish girl, you would be up in arms! If other "shiksas" decide to testify, will you still say he is innocent?

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:39 PM Anonymous Says:

Sarak Says:

"about the fact that the court knew full well about shabbat and didn't care"

If the picture takers were so concerned about Shabbat, they should have taken their pictures on Thursday or Wednesday and then they wouldn't have to worry since they would be home before Shabbat! If they were smart enough to sneak in their phones, they should have been smart enough to check out a calendar to see if they would be arrested, when the release date is.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:40 PM Anonymous Says:

Flatbush Says:

Ummmm, cross examination is over, so I guess he did not find it as "EZ" as you thought, since he didn't catch her in any lies....

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:42 PM A Says:

think before you speak Says:

Secondly
All you judges what will you say if and when he is acquitted ?
nothing and the damage is done.
I would love to cross examine her in discovery.
Mark my words.
You will owe him an apology.

I'm curious as to what your attitude would be should Weberman be found guilty. Will you retract your comments as you feel those that oppose your position should? Or will you continue to clamour about his innocence and claim anti-semitism at every possible moment? Will YOU apologize? Just wondering.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:56 PM Sherree Says:

Where did it say they were forced to sign papers on Shabbos? If that would have been the case they could have chosen to stay put till after Shabbos then sign papers and go home.

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:58 PM Sherree Says:

bewhiskered Says:

"A Jew doesn’t belong in jail."

And, do you know why a Jew doesn't belong in jail? Because he eats lox!

Do you know why a Jew doesn't belong in Jail? Because he is not supposed to commit crimes and do anything against the law!

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:59 PM Sherree Says:

ItsMyOpinion Says:

AMEN!

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:05 PM Sherree Says:

ZSNYC Says:

Jay walking is a crime because for the most part you can be killed, so it is a law to protect yourself. It does not fall into the same category as no pictures in the courtroom which is a law to protect the witnesses and even the defendant. Nin court the judge rules and anyone stepping into his courtroom must show respect just as l'havdil you walk into a Rav's sanctuary or Bais din! Would you have the chutzpah to pull out your cellphone and take pictures in Bais Din? Then don't disrespect the court of law and the judge and dare to do so there either because it is disrespectful to the court and mostly because it is against the law, which is announced by the court officer before the spectators are allowed in. If you can't abide by the rules you can give up your privilege of being in the courtroom to one of the many patient people waiting outside the doors who would happily follow the rules and have the privilege of being on the inside!

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:08 PM Sherree Says:

ohvei Says:

Just to make things clear you are wrong. Only Lemon Juice is a supporter of the victim and has been there from day one. The rest climbed out of the woodwork and somehow managed to wiggle and Wiesel themselves in to report back to the Satmar community who was in the courtroom and who they need to harass next.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:15 PM Sherree Says:

cdg528 Says:

as I remember giluy aryos is worse than chilul shabas

The funny part about this pArticular aveira is that the defense in questioning an expert witness, an orthodox Rabbi who was also a Dr./ PhD in Chassidic studies, asked this witness "isn't there a heter for Yichud in regard to Gilui Arayos"? The witness looked so shocked we didn't know whether he would choke or laugh. We all burst out laughing and the Judge admonished us and told us to stop laughing. The witness composed himself and basically said "there is no exception or heter, but I imagine it would be necessary. However Gilui Arayos is one of the three big No Nos in the Ten Commandments!" He then turned to the jury to explain that Gilui Arayos meant Adultery. He later told us in the elevator that the jury was looking at him as if he just dropped down from another planet. They were so confused from the questioning.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:18 PM Sherree Says:

Seriously, you are going to judge a book by its name? Obviously he had reasons for changing his name. Probably so nosy people can't find him. I am sure when the right girl comes along he can change it to something they will both be proud of. If she is proud of her family, maybe he will choose to take her last name. What's the big deal. Most of our parents and grandparents names were changed at Ellis Islad.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:26 PM Sherree Says:

Flatbush Says:

What makes her a shiksa? Do you know Jewish law? She is a bas Yisroel and he is a Rodef! More so he is a chaser, a phone and a fake taking on titles he doesn't deserve such as Rabbi and counselor. This will prove to this community and the entire frum community what a sham the Vad Hatznius is! Molesters and rapists running the community what a bosha! I could just vomit!

May every ehrliche member of your community come out in force and denounce him and all his friends and co-conspirators. It is time you cleaned house and showed the world that he doesn't represent the true meaning of Chassidism, nor the Satmar sect. I am sure there are many ehrliche and honest members in your community. Where are you???? Please don't be afraid. Please come out in groups. There is safety in numbers.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:27 PM Sherree Says:

Sarak Says:

No the whole point is Weberman broke the law and so did these guys!

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:29 PM Sherree Says:

Says:

Phones are permitted. We were all instructed to turn them off and put them away. Maybe there should have an interpreter but then again if you don't understand English what's the point in coming to a trial that is all in English?

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:34 PM Sherree Says:

Interesting. Here is another interesting question. The defense stated in his opening remarks that Satmar Chassidism are very wary to mingle with the outside world. Why do they put their fate in the hands of a non religious Jew instead of a Chassidic or orthodox attorney? That is a puzzlement. What is this amhaaretz willing to do for them that a frum yid wouldn't? This is something we all need to ponder.

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:28 PM LebidikYankel Says:

Rabbi_CS Says:

Anonomous,

2. Ksav Ashuris? Where in the world did that one come from? Any source?

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:20 PM Anonymous Says:

Sherree Says:

"It is time you cleaned house and showed the world that he doesn't represent the true meaning of Chassidism, nor the Satmar sect. "

Sherree, I always enjoy reading your posts. I am a Conservative Jewish woman and have learned much from reading your thoughts. My parents had always warned me never to get involved with this sect, but I never understood why. It seems as if the Rabbis I have known throughout my life have never been involved in any scandal, ever. I don't think the Conservative members of the Congregation would tolerate one minute of abuse.

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:47 PM Anonymous Says:

Sherree Says:

I hope I'm wrong, but there must be a reason, as you say, they took this non-frum Farkas guy as their attorney. Knowing how calculating the machinations of Satmar are, it would not surprise me that their lawyer has inside "connections" to some of the judges in the court system and thereby hope to stack the case in their favor. I once heard that some top lawyers are more powerful than the judges themselves.

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:48 PM Anonymous Says:

LebidikYankel Says:

2. Ksav Ashuris? Where in the world did that one come from? Any source?

I stand corrected. Just went over my notes and see that it is a far-out Shitah that we don't hold like.

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:52 PM Anonymous Says:

LebidikYankel Says:

2. Ksav Ashuris? Where in the world did that one come from? Any source?

However, check the Gemoroh in Shabbos regarding the Sugya of כותבין ומעלין בערכאות. If I am not mistaken, that is the source for this Kulah.

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:18 PM RalphWaldoEmerson Says:

rikki Says:

Actually if she was 12 1/2 years it would be halchically permissible as long as he gave קידושין to her father

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:54 PM vinanon Says:

RalphWaldoEmerson Says:

What's your point?

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:10 PM Sherree Says:

I imagine we should all be asking our attorneys about this judge and this attorney.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:16 PM Anonymous Says:

RalphWaldoEmerson Says:

Nope, not true. Big, big, misconception there. SInce she did not go to the Mikvah, she would be Assur - Chiyuv Korus even if they were married!!
IF she went to the Mikveh after her last period, she would have the status of Penuyeh - in which case Yichud without Kidushin would only be an Issur Drabanon - but still Ossur.
Additionally, even IF they were truly married, AND she went to the Mikveh, it is still ossur to be Me'Anes a girl, even your own wife.
So, no matter how you cut it, their relationship was both Ossur Bein Adam L'Chaveiro, as it is Ossur to force a woman to have relations, and also Ossur Bain Adam L'Makom as Ervah because she is a Niddah.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:18 PM Sherree Says:

RalphWaldoEmerson Says:

Are you forgetting that he was already Married???? What about his wife, did he forget about her???

Lets evaluate the facts here. SHE was a kid who had questions, a very vulnerable child. Her sins were that she didn't wear tights as thick as the Rebbe required, she read some horrible magazines like People and Seventeen, and she questioned why they do the things they do. Really they should have just cut her tongue out of her mouth, the chutzpah she displayed and all. I have a question too. Why couldn't they handle it in house and have the School Guidance Counselor or the principal explain to this young lady that her body chemicals were changing, yup, there is a thing called hormones that were happening to her and her body and emotions were going through changes and that is what was causing her curiosity and questions. Someone should have explained to this twelve year old what was happening inside her and why Hashem made young girls go through this process and how young boys went through a similar process at a similar age. Someone should have explained to her that her curiosity was normal and that her questions were also normal, why did they call her an apikores!!!??????

Dec 03, 2012 at 07:50 AM qazxc Says:

Give it up. You are addressing someone who cannot understand that a 50 year old man who has sex with a 12 year old girl under any circumstances is a pig and those that defend such a behaima are the lowest scum and their leaders are the scummiest of them all.

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:57 AM Anonymous Says:

Reply to #31-#39
It seems you really got offended by my post. But you didn't get my point right. The point is that you (Without the beards) are bashing the Chassidim non stop on each post and on every occasion as if you're the righteous Jews out there, WRONG, first of all there's lots of your's(without the beards) sitting in otisville almost if not more then those with beards ,and they're not sitting there "L'shem Mitzva" they did criminal activity obviously, you would never hear a bearded Jew singing that song "Did the crime do the time " Now my point was that even in jail your hatred shows on every step, should it be by T'hilim shabbos morning you are against it cause of "Bitel Torah" a favor to another inmate, Never even by mistake, you are just a bunch of bad self hating Jews , so don't call yourself q Representative of Hashem, Please don't embarrass god, You could correct the problem in your circle by starting to help others and behave like a Jew then you could call yourself a representative

Dec 03, 2012 at 11:03 AM Kosher_Ham Says:

Um, I don't understand why the Va'ad HaTznius would be snapping pictures. I mean, don't chareidi publications either Photoshop out females from photographs or blur them out? What's his point in taking her picture in court other than to intimidate her?

Dec 03, 2012 at 11:09 AM Sherree Says:

Reply to #31-#39

Seriously, this is the discussion here? Who is more ehrliche the guy with the beard in jail or the clean shaven Jew in Jail? Shame on both of you!!

Dec 03, 2012 at 11:44 AM HAPPY12 Says:

qazxc Says:

You don't know that for a fact. All you know is that a girl, who is off the derech and wants to get back at someone, is accusing him of.

Dec 03, 2012 at 11:49 AM qazxc Says:

Reply to #31-#39

You should sue the yeshiva that told your parents they taught you to read and write English.

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:29 PM Anonymous Says:

HAPPY12 Says:

All you have to know is this: The NYPD has a lot of experience in interrogation techniques and if they thought that the girl's accusations were inconsistent and would not hold up in court, Weberman would have never been arrested. That being said, why would anyone go thru the hassle of accusing someone for no monetary reasons whatsoever? Just to get revenge?? The fact is that the girl was offered $500,000 to drop the case and she refused. So it's obvious she has nothing to gain by her accusations. Now, looking at this objectively, a person just does not offer that kind of money unless he has something to hide. If Weberman is really as innocent as he claims, why doesn't he submit to a polygraph test and use the results as partial evidence for vindication? You say that the girl is off the derech, but isn't it also possible that the accused is just putting on a charade and is morally corrupt internally?

In most arguments, all you have to do is follow the money trail to determine motivations. Here, since the girl refused a half a million dollars to drop the case, it's obvious she is seeking justice and not revenge as the accused has claimed.

Dec 03, 2012 at 03:14 PM Sherree Says:

HAPPY12 Says:

What makes her OTD? Do you follow her around on Shabbos? Do you follow her around to restaurants to see what she eats? What is it that you know about her that makes her OTD? Do you know if she makes 1, 10 or 100 mitzvos a day? Who are you to judge how frum she is or is it just that she doesn't meet your standards of frumkeit? Well I will tell you this much, just because a man wears the livush, calls himself a Rav, and rapes young women, to me he is OTD and not a frum man!

Dec 03, 2012 at 03:18 PM Sherree Says:

I believe there will be more evidence revealed in today's trial and testimony. He has pushed the buttons of so many who might be so much more eager to come forward now after putting the victim through 4 days of grueling testimony. Many of his victims are very, very, very angry now. They are incensed and his gaul and viscousness. I would not be at all surprised if at least a few if not more were empowered to come forward.

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:08 PM Anonymous Says:

HAPPY12 Says:

"All you know is that a girl, who is off the derech and wants to get back at someone, is accusing him of."

What will you say when others come forward to tell their stories? Will they all be OTD and want to get back at him? Please think this through since it's most likely to happen.

Dec 03, 2012 at 09:44 PM Sherree Says:

Even more so, what do you say now that Emanuel Yegutkin was convicted today? Are his victims also OTD because they told the truth and he is now as of this afternoon, sitting in a Jail cell, just waiting for Weberman to join him? The jury will NOT hear about this, but the Judge certainly will!

Dec 03, 2012 at 11:28 PM Anonymous Says:

qazxc Says:

this is the first time EVER that I agree with your post, 100%!

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:22 AM Sherree Says:

Today under cross examination from the Defense, the victim's mother testified that Webershmutz made her pay $12,000 in advance for the counseling! And he was supposed to be a friend of the family, a business partner, a scion of the community!!! Anyone know what his refund policy was??? No wonder the victim felt trapped and couldn't say anything to her parents, they were paid up in full. What kind of counselor gets paid in advance? What slime!

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:45 PM Anonymous Says:

Sherree Says:

Isn't it illegal to pay for therapy up front? Is the IRS investigating if Weberman paid taxes?

Dec 04, 2012 at 01:24 PM Sherree Says:

I want to be accurate in my report. The testimony stated that the school forced the mother to pay Webershmutz $12,800 in advance or the child would be kicked out of the school. So yes, the school was 100% an accomplice to this crime.