New Orleans - Baltimore Ravens Beat San Francisco 49ers 34-31 In The Super Bowl

Published on: February 3, 2013 10:47 PM
By: Reuters
Baltimore Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis celebrates beside San Francisco 49ers guard Mike Iupati after the 49ers failed to score during the fourth quarter in the NFL Super Bowl XLVII football game in New Orleans, Louisiana, February 3, 2013. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn Baltimore Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis celebrates beside San Francisco 49ers guard Mike Iupati after the 49ers failed to score during the fourth quarter in the NFL Super Bowl XLVII football game in New Orleans, Louisiana, February 3, 2013. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

New Orleans -  The Baltimore Ravens survived a furious second-half rally by San Francisco and a momentum-sapping power outage at the Superdome to defeat the scrappy 49ers 34-31 in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

A Super Bowl-record 108-yard kickoff return for a touchdown by Jacoby Jones gave the Ravens a 28-6 lead early in the third quarter but the 49ers scored 17 straight points after a 35-minute power outage and nearly pulled off a stunning comeback.

Trailing 34-29, the 49ers marched down to the Ravens’ seven but failed to score on four tries, surrendering the ball on downs at the five with less than two minutes remaining.

Baltimore used up the clock and on fourth down, punter Sam Koch ran out of bounds in the end zone for a safety with four seconds left.

Joe Flacco, the game’s Most Valuable Player, completed 22 of 33 passes for 287 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions to lead the Ravens to their first title since the 2000 season.

Seoul - South Korean and U.S. troops began naval drills Monday in a show of force partly directed at North Korea amid signs that Pyongyang will soon carry out a threat... Washington - Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says decisions to strike potential terrorist targets with unmanned drones don't "come lightly." Panetta says those who...

Feb 03, 2013 at 11:40 PM Yiddl Says:

Beautifull game thank god.

Feb 04, 2013 at 12:35 AM Boochie Says:

very exciting game, i was rooting for the 49ers

Feb 04, 2013 at 06:42 AM SHOCKED Says:

The halftime "show" with Beyonce was not suitable for viewing for minors; however, there was no warning in advance. It is astounding how this sort of "entertainment" now appears on the network channels, and how the envelope has been pushed in recent years. I guess that where mega millions are involved, the FCC regulators look the other way.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:39 AM lbk-new Says:

SHOCKED Says:

Joe Flacco dropping the F-bomb on national TV wasn't much better. After the 2004 fiasco, I thought they implemented a seven-second delay...

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:45 AM cool masmid Says:

I didn't even know the game was last night until I saw this post. Most yidden - not all - have better things in life to do then sit and watch a few meshugoyim run with a ball. If u jump on me that's fine but what I said is 100% correct.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:55 AM Professor Says:

SHOCKED Says:

It wasnt suitable for adults either. Meaning, it was boring

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:57 AM Professor Says:

The game, however, was great

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:12 AM yaakov doe Says:

cool masmid Says:

How could you miss knowing about it? I was made aware of it weeks ago from the ads that all the heimish stores were running for Suiper Bowl food. Apparantly chicken wings are required to watch this game.

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:52 AM Anonymous Says:

SHOCKED Says:

There were NO "wardrobe malfunctions" on the halftime show. True, the outfits were not tzinusdik for a Baas Yisroel shpatziring on 13th Avenue but they weren't really all that bad either considering what the norm has become for family audience TV these days. The secular standard has obviously changed in recent years, but that is no reason to reset the standard for frum yidden. If this offended you than simply switch over to another channel during halftime and watch a rerun of the Brady Bunch.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:21 AM super_rebbi Says:

I would love to hear comments how the super bowl affected us yidden....as we know everything that happens in the world has some impact on am yisroel

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:23 AM Anonymous Says:

cool masmid Says:

You are neither "cool" nor a "masmid" with a coment like this.....a truly "cool masmid" would have used the super bowl as an opportunity for kiruv, gather some OTD bochuim to the beis medrash, offered free chulent and chicken wings, and schmozed them with some mini "dvar torahs" during the commercial breaks.

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:02 AM refuaha Says:

What's this talk about half time did you people do your daf or you where buzy with this stupidity shame on all of you the world is upside down wake up people and do somethink solid

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:21 AM henna252 Says:

These comments only crystalizes how low our standards of yiddishkeit has fallen. I believe that you aren't even aware of how the level should be. I spent the evening learning Yermiyahu instead. The game passes but what is left of that.

Feb 04, 2013 at 12:17 PM wsbrgh Says:

Doesn't the g'mora tell us to stay away from "theaters and circuses"- even JEWISH ONES?!?

Feb 04, 2013 at 02:59 PM Yiddl Says:

wsbrgh Says:

Didn't the rabbonim say no internet???

Feb 04, 2013 at 04:37 PM YonahLevi Says:

Yiddl Says:

Didn't the rabbonim say no internet???

I agree entirely with the commentators who say that frum yidden shouldn't be watching the super bowl....I said shelo asani goy with extra kavanah after not watching the super bowl for the first time in ten years. I suggest that those who did watch it resolve to have that same feeling next year!