Brooklyn, NY - Ads By Hynes In Yiddish Becomes Factor For DA Campaign As Elected Officials Claim They Are Racist

Published on: October 27, 2013 12:34 PM

Brooklyn, NY - A set of full-page ads placed by Charles Hynes’ campaign in two major Satmar newspapers have become a focal point of the Brooklyn District Attorney’s race for Kenneth Thomspson, as a group of elected officials and Brooklyn leaders are jointly calling for Hynes to remove the ads which they claim are racist.

Hynes’ current ads, which appear in both Der Yid and Der Blatt attribute his double-digit primary loss to Thompson to “the minority element that seeks lawlessness.”

At a press conference, Congressmembers Jerrold Nadler, Hakeem Jeffries, Yvette Clarke and Assemblyman Dov Hinkind joined in calling for Hynes to remove the ads.

New York - The origin of good old fashioned (or bad old - depending if one is health conscious) ordinary margarine is surprisingly fascinating. In the 1860’s France... Toronto, Canada - Over 1000 people came to pay their respects on Motzei Shabbos to Paul Reichmann, a man whose visions of greatness were evident not only in the field of...

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM Anonymous Says:

first we had the kapura ad now this ad, both shows the drive in the DA campaign is in yiddish, its time the NYC public learns yiddish if they want to be relevant.

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:33 PM Anonymous Says:

Huh? Yiddish is not an important language for the average person to speak. English is, and I would recommend you learn some basic English grammar as well.

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:35 PM Tothepoint123 Says:

I think its about time to create a new yiddisha Language... The old good days are over!

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:44 PM Anonymous Says:

I received literature from the ken thomson campaign. After reading it I decided I will vote for charles hynes. If thomson gets elected street crime in brooklyn will rocket sky high. He wants to basicly lock up police using force or frisking suspected criminals for guns. He also promises to release first time criminals as well as re examine all criminals past due to possible racism. Any normal jew voting for this guy is like electing al sharpthon. Why in brooklyn with so many frum yidden we can't vote at least for the lesser of two evils. The answer is simple. Most of us don't vote. Get yourselves security cameras,steel gates and alarms for the next four years as crime will flood us like hurricane sandy flooded areas near the oceans. Between the new liberal mayor and his policy of no more frisking for illegal guns and the stopping of investigating moslem extremist, the NYC streets will become very attractive to criminals from all over America. With his tax increases on companys,the job market will diminish and robbery will go sky high.

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:49 PM chaimmordche Says:

farvuss? avoo shtait yiddish is racist? I getting farklempt just thinking bouttit!

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:55 PM Maven Says:

Unbelievable how two faced people can be.
The chasidishe guy in the above picture is THE leader of the Aron faction to which Der Blat belongs to and here he is pictured "condemning" his own newspaper.

Oct 27, 2013 at 03:16 PM Anonymous Says:

r u working for hynes?

Oct 27, 2013 at 03:18 PM Anonymous Says:

# 2 and 3 face reality, #6 just blabling.

Oct 27, 2013 at 04:07 PM Anonymous Says:

Maven Says:

Unbelievable how two faced people can be.

Hynes condemns frum people with a blanket of mafias, the next day he places ads and campaigns in the the same communities, that's the two face hypocrite you should worry about.

Oct 27, 2013 at 05:49 PM Anonymous Says:

Reply to # 7. I'm not working for hynes but will vote for him along with my family to keep crime down. You are probably working for thompson. I as a frum caring jew will vote hynes so that there is no crown heights pogrom like in 1991. I care about the safety of my people.

Oct 27, 2013 at 07:55 PM Anonymous Says:

"You are probably working for thompson. I as a frum caring jew will vote hynes so that there is no crown heights pogrom like in 1991. I care about the safety of my people."

What about the safety of our kinder??? If you care about them, you would NEVER vote for Hynes.

Oct 28, 2013 at 03:41 AM I_Am_Me Says:

If we Jews don't find it insulting, who is a Hakeem to find it insulting?! They just want more votes!