Brooklyn, NY - Flatbush Woman Of $2,000 A Week For Life Winner, Indentified

Published on: July 29, 2008 01:26 PM
Sharon Miltz from of Flatbush, Brooklyn who won $2,000,000 on the $2,000 a Week for Life Instant Ticket.Sharon Miltz from of Flatbush, Brooklyn who won $2,000,000 on the $2,000 a Week for Life Instant Ticket.

Brooklyn, NY - As reported first by VIN News yesterday, the name of the Jewish grandmother who won the NY scratch off lotto game has been identified As Mrs. Sharon Miltz.

A stay-at-home grandmother Fifty-three-year-old Sharon Miltz of Flatbush, Brooklyn doesn’t usually play the Lottery.  “I probably only spent $20 on Lottery this whole year,” said the self-described “novice.” Miltz admitted she spent $5 of that total amount earlier this month on a Win $2,000 a Week for Life instant game, which she said, she bought, on a whim.

“I don’t know why I decided to buy that ticket at that time. I don’t usually buy them, but I did on this day, and it just worked out.”

Miltz’s lucky Win $2,000 a Week for Life instant ticket guarantees her a minimum prize payout of $2,000,000. She will receive her prize in quarterly payments for life. Her initial payment will total $36,000 less required tax withholdings, netting her $23,221. Her subsequent quarterly checks will total $26,000, less required tax withholdings, netting her $16,771 every three months.

Miltz and her husband, Steven, who works at a Brooklyn lumberyard, aren’t sure what to do with their $2,000,000 windfall. “We’re still in shock,” she said. “I just want to see my grandkids grow up. That’s my only plan for the time being.”

Miltz purchased her Win $2,000 a Week for Life scratch ticket on July 10, 2008 at the A K Newsstand on Ave. M in Brooklyn. She claimed it at the Lottery’s Customer Service Center in Manhattan the following day.

VIN News will have photos shortly.

VIN News incorrectly reported that she was a winner of 3,000,000 we apologize for the misinformation we have received. we corrected the information

Brooklyn, NY - NYC Department of Transportation (DOT) Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan today announced the second set of 135 public and private schools to be targeted for... North Miami Beach, FL - A community fearing for its safety after several residents wound up on a path of danger are taking action and meeting with police. The victims...

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:31 PM idf soldier Says:

mazal tov i think were related lol

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:31 PM anonymous Says:

Why the heck is this news? I am earning way more than that and I dont get to be publicized, its not fair.

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:32 PM Anonymous Says:

ONLY OLD PEOPLE WIN. Y DIDNT SHE WIN WHEN SHE WAS 20
???????????/

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:34 PM Anonymous Says:

shes not old, she is middle age.

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:41 PM chanaya yom tov lipa Says:

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:41 PM Anonymous Says:

Mazel Tov!
watch out for the schnorers!

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:42 PM Avi Weiss Says:

Use you money in good health. Mazel Tov!!!!!!!

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:48 PM memyself Says:

she won 2,000,000 million? or 2,000 a week???

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:50 PM anonymous Says:

DONT BECOME CRAZY LIKE THEY SAY AT ALL WINNERS AS A YID I HOPE YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO JUGGEL IT

ANONYMOUS LOTTERY WINNER OF 1,000,000

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:51 PM Tina Says:

She may be the only grandmother where her grandchildren want her to live long (joke)

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:52 PM Anonymous Says:

When it was reported here that the winning amount was 3 million dollars we were so happy. Now that that the story was changed to two million dollars we really do not care and not impressed. What is two million dollars living in Flatbush? Two million dollars buys you a bedroom and maybe a bathroom included?

Mazel Tov!

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:54 PM Sheesh. Says:

I need a new car bubby :(

Jul 29, 2008 at 01:58 PM Anonymous Says:

to ana posted at 07-29-2008 - 1:52 PM if you read correctly 2,000,000 is the guarantee payment Hashem should grant her Arichas Yamim vishanim she could get much more. Additionally, I for one am impressed the community now has one other person that can be relied upon to give tzedaka and support her family it is atremendous gift from Hashem

Jul 29, 2008 at 02:12 PM anonymous Says:

If she's interviewed again, I hope she's asked if there is any particular mitzvah which she could attribute to being zoche to such a beracha from Hashem.

Jul 29, 2008 at 02:24 PM Anonymous Says:

MAZAL TOV & with all other brochos you should have Arichas Yomim & be zoche to spend your $ wisely

Jul 29, 2008 at 02:38 PM Anonymous Says:

i also wanna VIN!!!

Jul 29, 2008 at 02:41 PM Anonymous Says:

I know this person and there is no other person who I would want to win this money.
Trust me she has many zchusim to deserve this.

Jul 29, 2008 at 03:08 PM Anonymous Says:

mazel tov use it for good thinks

Jul 29, 2008 at 03:15 PM Anonymous Says:

money rocks

Jul 29, 2008 at 03:16 PM anonymous Says:

she said that she dosnt know why she decided to buy the lotto now well hashem wanted her to win so he put the thought into her head
this goes to show us that we dont need to go out and buy alot of lotttos or spend lots of momey on gambling if hashem wants to send someone the money hashem will make you get it with one time one ticket
lets keep our faith strong and let hashem take care of us

Jul 29, 2008 at 03:19 PM Schnorrer Says:

What's her address? I have to buy an apt in Israel.

Jul 29, 2008 at 04:20 PM Anonymous Says:

May hashem help she should use the $$ gezinterheit! and zeich elteren in freiden! b''h Yidden win $$ b''h may she be zoche to do many mitzvahs with it!!

Jul 29, 2008 at 05:09 PM family member Says:

seh quit here job to become a full time bubby & watch the grandchildren so her kids can work & support themselvs nicely

she spends most of her monay at allmost every charity fund & chianease auction there is . im sure she wont point out a mitzva that made her win there are to many she does for me & the rest of the family & klala israel

she got paid back & desrves it .

Jul 29, 2008 at 05:41 PM available son Says:

I have a son who needs to sit and learn in kolel at least 10 years, does she have a daughter? He would only need $1,000 a week! Err iz deh besteh boocher in Lakevood! Awright, efsher deh tzveiteh besteh. Does she want a choosheveh eidim? I'm only giving her this offer for 3 days! After that, I can't promise anything. You know we have looong lists of names of many eligable maidins who are waiting in line for him, But, I will make an exception for her. We are not so makpid on looks, Just promise to support with the 1k a week!

Jul 29, 2008 at 05:42 PM yossi Says:

Very nice people. Husband is a great Baal Koreh. Members of Agudah of Flatbush.

Jul 29, 2008 at 05:52 PM Yehuda Says:

Mazel Tov. Would you like to adopt some children and grandchildren? :)

Jul 29, 2008 at 05:55 PM Anonymous Says:

I wish I had tons of money too.

Jul 29, 2008 at 06:06 PM Anonymous Says:

Money's the best.

Jul 29, 2008 at 06:12 PM yukel Says:

I'm wondering what happens if you don't want to go public? or they only give the winner the money if they put your name out for the whole world to see ???

Jul 29, 2008 at 07:22 PM Lottery Commissioner Says:

Why couldn't she don a sheitle for the occasion?

Jul 29, 2008 at 07:28 PM mnachem Says:

good luck bly ein hurah

Jul 29, 2008 at 10:20 PM a yid Says:

what does this mean "at least two million dollars"?! try cashing a check that says that on it!!

Jul 29, 2008 at 10:31 PM Anonymous Says:

many states require names of lottery winners to be posted- whether the winners want it to be or not.
for all you nay-sayers, lets just be happy for the lady. Wish it was me.

Jul 29, 2008 at 10:50 PM Anonymous Says:

chananya yom tov lipa - only Hashem guarantees life, no one can be sure an 18 year old will live longer than a 53 year old.

Jul 29, 2008 at 11:22 PM Gefilte Fish Says:

Mazal tov bubby, I never knew you had so many friends...

Jul 29, 2008 at 11:36 PM Anonymous Says:

anon 7:22

Because had she wore one, the shnorers would be at her door tonight!!!

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:00 AM young at 53 grandma Says:

where does all this stupidity come from? the woman won because it was bashert. why not just wish her good luck, a long life. btw, to all you young punks who call her "old", get a life!

Jul 30, 2008 at 07:21 AM Anonymous Says:

"why didn't she work out a deal with a 18 year old. She could have cashed in 3 X that amount."

I assume this was a misguided attempt at humor (if so, not really very funny).

If not and you were asking a serious question, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking larcenous thoughts and for suggesting that any person, let alone a fellow Yid, engage in what amounts to fraud. Haven't there been enough recent cases of people in the community getting in trouble for trying to "beat the system" on taxes, welfare, bad landlord stuff, mortgage swindles and all kinds of other g'neiva? There is no bigger chillul Hashem than to see some frum guy (or woman) under arrest, in cuffs, doing the "perp walk" for the media and seeing that picture on the TV news that night or in the paper the next day. And if the lottery people had found out that such an arrangement had in fact been made (real winner gets younger person to claim to be the winner in exchange for a cut of winnings, younger person agrees to keep splitting the winnings with winner's heirs even after real winner passes on) do you really think they would continue making those $2,000 a week payments? Or would they throw both parties in the slammer for a long, long time? Use your head.

Jul 30, 2008 at 07:33 AM Anonymous Says:

Mazel tov, she'll use it wisely I'm sure to make life easier for her & her family & I'm sure she'll support her favorite Mosodos. From one Bubby to another, great job!

Jul 30, 2008 at 08:18 AM Anonymous Says:

OMG! I know this couple from shul. This could not have happened to better people. They will the money well and I wish them much luck. Good for them!

Jul 30, 2008 at 09:04 AM Anonymous Says:

I feel sorry for her that this was publicized so much. the winnings are not really that much- and she wont get any peace.

Jul 30, 2008 at 11:38 AM ferd Says:

"If not and you were asking a serious question, you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking larcenous thoughts and for suggesting that any person, let alone a fellow Yid, engage in what amounts to fraud."

This would not be fraud at all. a lottery ticket is a bearer instrument i.e. whoever holds it has the right to the rewards no matter who actually purchased the ticket. Thus, if Mrs. Miltz would have worked out a deal with a 20 year old it would have been perfectly leagal.

Jul 30, 2008 at 06:58 PM Anonymous Says:

& if god forbid that 20 year old would chas ve sholom die a weeki later mrs miltz would end up with nothing .

us real frum yidin are true belivers that every thing is for a reason just like she deserved to win & what ever will bve is up to hashem .

god willing she will live ad 100 ke 20 & enjoy the wealth with her 4 grandchildrean & iy"h many more to come .

Jul 30, 2008 at 09:37 PM jakester Says:

mazal tov may you have only good things come of this money and no ein horah and to everyone else why r you all jealous god gives to who deserves it not who wants it most so just smile and be happy a yid who deserves it got it and not someone like you who would be upset you didnt get 3000 a week good luck

Jul 31, 2008 at 01:09 AM Anonymous Says:

WOW! 44 people took time out of their busy schedule to write a comment for this fortunate situation to this lucky women, and from the comments of a few people who know this women they say that it couldn’t have happened to a better person then her and she deserves it for her good deeds.

But let me ask a questions to those 44 people (or to be exact less the few that wished her the best which leaves me somewhere in the low 30's) did you bother to write a comment on the articles from this site that tell us sad and horrible stories of heimishe yiden in desperate need, did you bother to take a few seconds of your so called busy schedule to say a good word to your loved ones or a person in need, and I can go on and on, but I will not………….. All of a sudden someone is luckier then you, and you jump out of your chair? Writing these stupid comments? She should have made a deal with a 20 year old, she should do this or do that?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What happened to you guys? Think for a second............ Hashem is making this for a reason and also to teach us a lesson, this women was always trying to make other people happy, there was nothing in her way, not even her money, and that’s exactly what she got back! Lets do the same and we can only hope that Hashem will do the same to us.

Only a handful of comments represent a true Kiddush Hashem, and to those people I can say you deserve to be rewarded the same way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest should first get their.......... together and lets hope that only good will come out of this.

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:56 AM לא תחמוד Says:

ppl always say, when one becomes rich/wins lotto, they "change"! I beg to differ: its not the winner that changes, but the ppl around...

mazel tov to Mrs. Miltz, may you find much bracha in your winnings.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:28 AM mikesdinette Says:

to 1:09 I agree with you 2million% (no pun intended); the only comment I would like to remind e/o is the video on tisha bav is entitled
"LEAVING ENVY BEHIND"; how appropriate...
to 6:06 even the winner will agree that "money is the best" is a nonsensical comment; the best that we have health and brachos from G-D...
to Mrs. Miltz, Mazal Tov, we are so happy that you won; my neighbor who used to be your neighbor told me that nobody deserved it more...and from the general concensus, we are all so happy for you. May Hashem continue to give you brachos amush...

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM Annabella (mother's friend)) Says:

Mazal Tov!
I was so happy to hear the news. May Hashem continue to give you brochas.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM Annabella (mother's friend)) Says:

Mazal Tov!

I am so happy for you. May Hashem continue to give you brochas.

Aug 02, 2008 at 10:53 PM Anonymous Says: