Vienna - Israeli Photographer Causes Disturbance On Austrian Flight, Tells Police They Killed 6M Jews

Published on: June 19, 2015 02:30 PM

Vienna – An Israeli passenger on a flight from Vienna to Tel Aviv caused a disturbance and over a one-hour delay Tuesday after he refused to check-in camera equipment, and told Austrian police, “You killed six million Jews. You want to kill another one?”

Photographer Yossi Davidov his three companions began arguing with flight attendants over taking camera equipment onto the flight, which flight attendants thought to be overweight, and wanted to check in, reports Ynet News (http://bit.ly/1LjMeBB ).

Davidov reportedly told police they didn’t like him or his companions because they are Jewish, and first told police he only spoke Hebrew and didn’t understand them, then began speaking English.

Some of the more than 220 passengers on the flight called Davidov’s actions embarrassing.

Davidov’s lawyer said the flight attendant was Muslim, and that she saw Davidov wearing a Jewish Star of David necklace and wanted to get “back at him” by not allowing the camera equipment on board.

The airline said the crew offered to store the equipment in the luggage compartment, but the passengers refused.

Davidov was charged with attacking an officer and causing a disturbance. He was released with a 100 Euro ($113) fine.

Information taken from Ynet News

Ohio - Cincinnati's police chief says a veteran policeman and an armed person who exchanged gunfire with officers have died. Chief Jeffrey Blackwell says the officer... New York - A Brooklyn assemblyman is applauding the Kings County district attorney’s office for classifying an October attack on a Jewish community leader as a hate...

Jun 19, 2015 at 02:43 PM SandmanNY Says:

This type of behavior invites and perpetuates antisemitism. Foolish and injurious to us all.

Jun 19, 2015 at 03:30 PM Anonymous Says:

Bravo to Reb Davidov. Having personally experienced anti Semitisim on a flight to Germany, I salute this Yid.

Jun 19, 2015 at 03:59 PM REALIST Says:

Yes, but most photographers would not allow their expensive equipment, upon which their livelihood depends, to be separated from them.
There are two sides and don't judge...

Jun 19, 2015 at 04:04 PM Anonymous Says:

I agree with No. 1. The Israeli who was thrown off the flight was obnoxious, and his conduct in public was a shanda. The flight was going to EY from Austria. There were other Israelis on that flight, who were embarrassed by that character.

Jun 19, 2015 at 04:53 PM Tzi_Bar_David Says:

What since it was going from Vienna to Tel Aviv I have to assume it was an Austrian Airlines flight. Of course, what self respecting Yid would book passage on that airline is beyond me. Honestly, I'd rather fly Lufthansa than Austrian...at least the Germans own up to what they did.

Jun 19, 2015 at 05:03 PM Anonymous Says:

REALIST Says:

There are two sides and don't judge...

Absolutely. And your final statement is completely correct.

Jun 20, 2015 at 03:39 PM Israeli Says:

Tzi_Bar_David Says:

I have flown into Vienna many times from NY. Coming in is bad enough, but flying out is beyond unbearable for Jews. I have been subjected to really abusive treatment from these Nazis. And yes, I agree, the Austrians are far more despicable than the Germans (& I hate flying into Frankfurt.) #5 is right. Austrian Airlines & security staff in Vienna are the worst. I'm flying into Budapest next month, not Vienna, even though the post flight travel time to my destination is double.

Jun 20, 2015 at 04:25 PM Mayer Says:

I have flown Austrian many times. I am an orthodox Jew and easily identifiable as such. The flight crews have only ever been very helpful and pleasant but then I haven't tried to lug lots of professional equipment on board in breach of the carry on regulations and then been unpleasant to the flight attendants. Not every action critical of an Israeli is anti semitic and constantly referring to the holocaust is not helpful. Instead of being a light unto the nations they are very often just simply obnoxious.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM Anonymous Says: