Brooklyn, NY - BP Store Owner Nabs Man For Groping Woman On 13th Avenue

Published on: July 19, 2015 12:39 AM
Video survalince from Barnett Cleaners shows the man behind the Chasidc woman befroe groping her (Credit: Barnett Cleaners)Video survalince from Barnett Cleaners shows the man behind the Chasidc woman befroe groping her (Credit: Barnett Cleaners)

Borough Park, NY - A Brooklyn man was arrested on Friday after being detained by an alert dry cleaner for groping a Chasidic woman in the heart of Borough Park in broad daylight.

The young mother was walking down 13th Avenue near the corner of 54th Street pushing a baby carriage when a man in a white t-shirt ran up behind her, touched her, and then turned left, running northwest on 54th Street, leaving his shocked victim screaming on the street, pointing in the direction her attacker had fled.

“I was sitting in my store, Barnett Cleaners, when I heard screaming coming from outside,” owner Motty Brauner, who is also a Shomrim member, told VIN News.  “I didn’t pay too much attention but one of my workers was by the door and saw someone screaming for help.”

Surveillance video provided by Motty Brauner of Barnett Cleaners shows the incident.

The entire incident was caught on the store’s video surveillance which shows the woman beginning to chase after the unknown assailant as Brauner and his employee raced outside.

“We started chasing him together,” said Brauner. “He ran a block and we caught him and held him down for police.”

Brauner said that NYPD were on scene within minutes.

Police arrested Chavon Lorenzo, a resident of 1214 65th Street in Borough Park.

Brauner noted that he was happy to be in the right place at the right time.

“I wasn’t even supposed to go in on Friday because of the nine days,” said Brauner.  “But sometimes there are people who forget to pick up their shirts so we gave them a few extra hours to pick up their Shabbos clothing.”

The NYPD had no comment.

New York - Over 28 years as head of the Anti-Defamation League, Abe Foxman emerged as a forceful torchbearer for American Jews. He counseled presidents and diplomats... London - Buckingham Palace criticised the top-selling Sun tabloid on Saturday for publishing a previously unknown film from 1933 that appears to show Britain's Queen...

Jul 19, 2015 at 01:07 AM czyrankevic Says:

why didnt they knock the c--p out of him nothing is going to happen I am certain the women will not testify and he will just walk

Jul 19, 2015 at 01:24 AM gezinterheit Says:

Mi K'Amcha Yisroel
There is no other Kiddush Hashem when a yid needs help from
acheinu Bnai Yisroel.

Jul 19, 2015 at 06:36 AM Teddybear Says:

Isn't he a Mexican ?
GO TRUMP GO

Jul 19, 2015 at 09:55 AM wsbrgh Says:

czyrankevic Says:

Bs'd. The days of full instant retribution by Shomrim ended years ago. Now it's detain and hold for PD. Too bad you missed out on some great action.

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM Anonymous Says:

He thought a summer Friday when the oilam is in country is a good time.... We'll prove him wrong.

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:02 AM Anonymous Says:

He's Mexican.... and Trump is right ALL the way... brooklyn is full of these bad guys.

Jul 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM Anonymous Says:

czyrankevic Says:

I was there as it happened and the victim was very forceful in letting the police know all the details. The perp looked like a typical low life from over the border down south and most likely, will be deported since he couldn't produce any id when questioned by the police.

Jul 19, 2015 at 03:03 PM mutti Says:

something looks funny about this video. in broad daylight he just runs up to this random woman to pinch her? I wonder if there is more to this story? was it a game? prank? did he know her from somewhere?....

Jul 19, 2015 at 05:31 PM Bsans Says:

mutti Says:

Your obviously not very educated. This can happen to anyone. And NO! The victim does NOT and did NOT know the perp. There are sick men out there who do these things because they are sick in their minds.

Jul 19, 2015 at 06:07 PM Anonymous Says:

mutti Says:

Your comment makes me mad. Don't you know that there are sick males out there that get pleasure from doing these things. The victim NEVER knew the perp from before.

Jul 20, 2015 at 01:19 PM Anonymous Says:

I am a woman and had the same thing happen to me on 47th street in Manhattan! When I couldn't even respond immediately From shock, the piece of dirt just gave me a sneering grin and ran off. Yes there is filth like this here in abundance! Go Trump go!

Jul 20, 2015 at 06:42 PM ActualJew Says:

I hate Trump but he is right. This is also.common in Asia. Young women are assaulted and men film it. He was probably influenced by it
Sicko criminal.
Why no interview w BP owner? He is hero too.