New York City - NYPD Launches Photo Initiative Aimed At Highlighting Mayor's Failed Quality-Of-Life Policies

Published on: August 10, 2015 12:45 PM
15th and 60 st in Boro park. Urinating in public‏ ( Shimon Gifter/VINnews.com)15th and 60 st in Boro park. Urinating in public‏ ( Shimon Gifter/VINnews.com)

New York City - In an effort to bring attention to Mayor Bill de Blasio’s failed quality-of-life policies and the increased risk to the public, the NYC police union has undertaken a photo initiative aimed at “leveling the playing field.”

NYPOST.com (http://bit.ly/1DBL4PJ) reports that via an email blitz to its members on Monday, the Sergeants Benevolent Association (SBA) is urging cops and their families to take pictures of quality-of-life scofflaws throughout the city and send them in, after which they’ll be posted to the SBA’s Flicker account.

SBA President Ed Mullins said that with the increasing frequency with which cops are now being recorded, it is only fair that NYC policy makers be held to the same standard.

“We, the ‘Good Guys,’ are sworn to protect our citizens,” Mullins said. “Shouldn’t our public officials be held to the same standard?”

Of course while currently policy prevents cops from taking pictures of the public while on duty, the SBA is encouraging cops’ friends, families and the public at large to snap photos of vagrants and drug dealers and panhandlers and submit them to its new initiative at Peek-a-Boo, We See You! peekaboo@sbanyc.org.

Jerusalem - It would, said then prime minister Ariel Sharon, a former major-general not given to self-doubt, "grant Israeli citizens the maximum level of security"... New York - Federal officials say a former New Jersey man wanted to form a small army that would fight on behalf of the Islamic State group. Nader Saadeh has been...

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:58 PM 5TResident Says:

Whenever the police and the mayor are not on the same page, the average citizen suffers.

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:01 PM cynic Says:

Despite your headline, it's NOT the "NYPD" but rather a group of police officers. Note that they've decided that their agenda is more important than respecting the privacy of "down and out" NYC residents.
I guess they've never gone hungry, or had a relative with mental illness sleeping in the street.

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:06 PM albroker Says:

so the cops who dont do their jobs in the 1st place now will be doing politics on the job.

Aug 10, 2015 at 01:37 PM Anonymous Says:

While they are correct , we must remember why this report was done .... only for their pride & pockets !!!!

Aug 10, 2015 at 02:30 PM kensingtonian mom Says:

while I agree that this wasn't very nice on the part of the NYPD to do this, I was thinking just this last week and again this morning that it seems to me that there are more homeless sleeping on the benches of Ocean Parkway now than I have ever seen before. There were 5 that I counted on one side on a 1 1/2 block length alone between Cortelyou Rd and 18th Ave. Crime feels like it's gone way up, no matter what the mayor says. My mother,not so jokingly, said, as the paper was delivered, so who was killed today. I hate to say it, but stop and frisk worked!! it should be brought back.

Aug 10, 2015 at 03:01 PM Anonymous Says:

5TResident Says:

Please don't try to make this a two way fight where both sides are too blame. We all know that DeBlassio's progressive nonsense is to blame. Yes its true that when the police are not on the smae side as the mayor its a problem. But its a one sided fight.

Aug 10, 2015 at 03:13 PM Tzi_Bar_David Says:

No one living in NYC today needs any reminder as to how the quality of life in this city has gone down since Wilhelm DeBlasio took office. At this point I am just wondering what additional horrors we all have to suffer through before Cuomo can remove him from office and put in a State Control Board until the next election.

Aug 10, 2015 at 03:30 PM Anonymous Says:

Dear Sergeants.

I'm writing this after reading comments 1-4. Please realize that the typical person on this comment board is among the most law-abiding, peaceful, non-violent, well-behaved population in the city. You probably already knew that. In view of that, please re-read comments 1-4 and consider: Do you see the problem you have on your hands? Do you see how out of line your behaviour is? Do you see how out of touch you are?

Speaking for myself, about myself: I'm an extreme law-abiding pro-law-and-order conservative - and you guys, your behaviour, antics, abuses and coverups, make me sick to my stomach. I should be among your strongest suppportes, as should be commenters 1-4.

You know, asi I'm writing this, I'm thinking, maybe I shouldn't even be writing to you. Maybe this should be an issue to address to the NYPD chaplains. Maybe its their job to try and keep you guys human.

Aug 10, 2015 at 04:27 PM albroker Says:

thank the self appointed leaders or askanim who told us to vote for him.

Aug 10, 2015 at 03:56 PM albroker Says:

kensingtonian mom Says:

i dont hate to say it, stop and frisked worked as does so called "profiling" do u fear a group of old ladies or rowdy young black and latino men at night? if its the latter you are guilty of profiling and therefore a racist.

Aug 10, 2015 at 05:38 PM The_Truth Says:

So just because I cant do my job correctly, I'm going to show you that you cant do your job either!

Aug 10, 2015 at 09:27 PM PaulinSaudi Says:

This is not about the mayor. The police union has not supported any mayor in memory. Look at the Wikipedia entry for "Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of the City of New York." They have complained about every mayor's policies. (Also note they policemen have been without a contract for years. The union is just not very good.)