Quebec, Canada - Brooklyn Jewish Family Heading To Montreal Involved In Highway Rollover Crash

Published on: September 25, 2015 11:49 AM

Quebec, Canada - A family from New York was injured early this morning when their vehicle rolled over on a Montreal highway and crashed into a lamppost.

Sources told VIN News that the occupants of Toyota Sienna were a young couple with a baby from Brooklyn, who were traveling to Montreal for Succos with their grandparents.  The accident happened on Highway 15 near St. Mathieu de Laprarie, about 30 miles north of the New York border and approximately 18 miles south of Montreal.

All five occupants of the minivan were taken to area hospitals and authorities told CTV News Montreal that they suspect that driver fatigue may have played a part in the crash which took place at approximately 3:15 AM.  No adverse weather conditions were reported in the area at the time of the accident.

Four out of the five occupants of the vehicle have been released from the hospital. The fifth has been transferred to a trauma center but is expected to make a full recovery.

Sicklerville, NJ - An 8-year-old girl received a one-day suspension from her southern New Jersey public elementary school for wearing a shirt that was the wrong shade of... Seattle, WA - The so-called duck boat was ferrying tourists across a crowded Seattle bridge when, suddenly, the amphibious vehicle swerved into an oncoming charter bus...

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:32 PM MitzvaTantz Says:

I am so happy that the shomrim guy was there to hold that hat!

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM OPElly Says:

I don't understand how, of all the highway accidents that happen every day, this one is particularly newsworthy--especially when, baruch Hashem, everyone involved is expected to have a full recovery.

Sep 25, 2015 at 01:20 PM SGMoish Says:

When will people stop taking family trips at 3 am??

Sep 25, 2015 at 01:58 PM Chaimd Says:

#3 It would seem the " family trip" likely started maybe nine pm

Sep 25, 2015 at 01:32 PM OPElly Says:

SGMoish Says:

When will people stop taking family trips at 3 am??

I agree that we should learn from this story what we can. But while I question whether the story is worthy of VIN's attention, I don't want to malign the victims even if I think they made what could have been a fatal decision.

Sep 25, 2015 at 02:41 PM Anonymous Says:

Too late to still be awake and fully aware to drive.

Sep 25, 2015 at 04:08 PM LouKay Says:

Name for tehilim?

Sep 25, 2015 at 04:12 PM LouKay Says:

OPElly Says:

Maybe that's the point.
Shevach vehoda to hashem!
Say it with me " Hodu Lashes kee Tov"

Sep 25, 2015 at 06:23 PM fat36 Says:

SGMoish Says:

When will people stop taking family trips at 3 am??

I'm going to Montreal for the holidays I worked on Friday the holiday is Sunday night when do you suggest I should leave PS if you say early Sunday morning then I take a risk something happens and I get stuck on the highway no time to do anything

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:34 PM full time traveler Says:

Driving at night is a lot more relaxing and has a lot less drivers on the road and therefore avoids traffic. but it is extremely important to pull over when it is getting hard to keep your eyes open. You cannot fight it. People think that they could. if you feel like you are getting tired, pull over at a rest stop or get a motel room. It is not worth it. most accidents are because of fatigue.