New York - Jewish Woman And Family Booted From Jet Blue Flight; Says Flight Crew Had "An Attitude," Called Her Family "Animals"

Published on: October 29, 2015 05:30 PM

New York, NY - A woman From New York claims her family of nine was unceremoniously booted from a Jet Blue flight on Tuesday just as they boarded for a vacation and that the incident was incited by a flight attendant with “an attitude” who referred to her family as “animals.”

In a lengthy Facebook post  on her homepage, Keren Ashkenazi Kimchy states that her “family vacation” to Punta Cana got off to a rocky start when after breakfast and clearing security at JFK Airport her brother-in-law was antagonistically confronted by a flight crew member sporting an “attitude” as he attempted to place some bags in plane’s overhead storage bins.

‘As we were setting down all our stuff in the overhead bins, she had asked, my brother in law, with an attitude, if he could move out of the way that other passengers could go through,” Kimchy writes.

Kimchy said her brother-in-law’s cordial request that he be allowed to put his bags down was then met with shouting from the flight attendant.

“This is my plan, this is my show, are we going to have a problem, if so I could move you to the next flight with no problem!” Kimchy claims the attendant then shouted.

Ultimately, Kimchy says, the entire family of nine—-5 adults and 4 children under the age of 4—-was declared “unfit” for flight and escorted off the plane by uniformed police.

To make matters worse, Kimchy writes, as they were exiting the plane her daughter overheard the flight attendant’s announcement to other passengers that the flight could proceed now that “the animals” had been removed.

FOXNEWS.com (http://fxn.ws/1kefpL6) reports that a Jet Blue spokesman said only that the airline welcomes thousands of families every day, and that the, “The decision to remove someone from a flight is never taken lightly and happens only if it is clear that the customer poses a risk to the safe and comfortable operation of the flight.”

New York - A new poll finds that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio continues to have a mixed approval rating. A Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday found... Albany, NY - Gov. Andrew Cuomo canceled two $5,500-a-ticket World Series fundraisers after being accused of exploiting the national pastime and civic pride for a chance...

Oct 29, 2015 at 06:08 PM Stenoman Says:

How about an apology from JetBlue management? What about "The customer is always right?" In most cases of customer mistreatment, there is an apology and investigation and some kind of compensation is offered to the customer. I guess if the customer is Jewish, that doesn't apply. This bland statement by the JetBlue spokesman is wimpy, insufficient and unacceptable. Remind me never to fly on JetBlue!

Oct 29, 2015 at 06:49 PM ItzikGold Says:

Dear Mrs. Kimchy,
I hope that on your flights to Israel you choose Elal even if a bit more expensive than the goyish airlines.

Oct 29, 2015 at 07:01 PM BLONDI Says:

I'm sure someone recorded this exchange...let the lawyer find them

Oct 29, 2015 at 07:07 PM Anonymous Says:

From the accounts of other passengers interviewed by the media after the flight, this guy (aka the brother-in-law from gehenom) was abusive to the flight attendant and failed to respond when he was directed to sit down and get out of the aisle. There are federal rules that require passengers to follow the directives of flight attendants. If you think they have been rude or unfair, than write a letter of complaint when you land to the customer affairs office of the airline. This guy should be put on a "no-fly" list until he learns to follow instructions.

Oct 29, 2015 at 07:42 PM HeshyEmes Says:

I wasn't there; but if I had to guess, I would say that the family could have avoided the problem and not caused what was probably a Chilul Hashem. Attitude, shmattitude, he should not have blocked the aisle by putting stuff in the overhead bin. You put it on your seat, and then when everyone passes, you put it in then.

Oct 29, 2015 at 08:52 PM Anonymous Says:

ItzikGold Says:

Dear Mrs. Kimchy,

There is no obligation yo use el al just because you are jewish.

Oct 29, 2015 at 09:00 PM Anonymous Says:

ItzikGold Says:

Dear Mrs. Kimchy,

With all due respect .... that's going from the frying pan to the fire !!!!

Oct 29, 2015 at 09:00 PM Frequent Flyer Says:

A major problem is that over the last 10 years or so, the FAA has made the flight attendants into godlike creatures and it has gone to these flight attendants heads. I've seen, so many times, flight attendants being nasty and rude to passengers for no reason whatsoever so something like this wouldn't surprise me in the very least.

Oct 29, 2015 at 09:01 PM jsjcbs Says:

I'm going to guess there is more to the story than reported here.

Oct 29, 2015 at 09:14 PM ItzikGold Says:

HeshyEmes Says:

Typical self hating Jew...shame on you and the others who have such little self Jewish confidence.

Oct 29, 2015 at 09:41 PM Anonymous Says:

All the kids were under 4 years. Of age, and the daughter heard the statement about the animals? Won't be believed.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:34 AM monishmo Says:

HeshyEmes Says:

with a family of 9 it is kind of hard to wait till everyone is seated since there are probably lots of space needed overhead and less chances to find . Assuming there were 9 different passengers from different families they would have all been allowed to place their luggage overhead before they sit down

Oct 30, 2015 at 01:07 AM lazerx Says:

sounds fishy to me, I have had to move over to allow people to come past: BIG DEAL. but to cause everyone else to wait for me to finish is certainly not considerate.
But then again, I was not there, just talking ya know...

Oct 30, 2015 at 09:26 AM Chaim Says:

I avoid all of these issues by checking in ALL of my bags. It is really annoying when people overstuff the overhead bins unnecessarily. Until recently, Jet Blue allowed one free bag to be checked. Why bring it aboard when you don't have to.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM samklein30 Says:

flight attendant's bark is bigger than her bite. Calling someone an "animal" is uncalled for.it's inhuman and should be suspended without pay.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:38 AM oldnewyorker Says:

Stenoman Says:

I'm sure Jet Blue is happy to hear that.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:24 AM Rivkah Says:

Even if he was abusive, why force the whole family out of the plane?

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM BuckyinWisconsin Says:

This is a clear case of anti semitism, period. These are obviously recognizable Jews. Actually, I would not be surprised if the flight attendant was a secular self hating Jew as well. Mark my words.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:14 PM MUMSKI Says:

What are the chances this angelic, smiling man with his beautiful family is not telling what he really behaved like when he didn't get his way on board the flight and was told to hurry along? Perhaps Jet Blue doesn't publicly share the dirty details of the flyers own attitude, profanities, degrading words and screaming voice because it's not professional? Jet Blue has a hub in New York. Pretty sure they embrace the Jewish population from whence their bottom line grows and where they probably live as well. C'mon-the entire family does not have to be taken off-only those who are growing hostile or present a possible threat to the rest of the air experience for the other 100 travelers. Does anybody fly enough to have known this much? Because an airline never goes into great detail- the disgruntled party gets to tell a story without recourse. Jet Blue has a reputation for great service. You don't get there by being prejudice, unfair, flippant and condescending. It's so easy to go straight to the prejudice card. I expect better from a community. Keep perspective....people.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:23 PM MUMSKI Says:

Frequent Flyer Says:

And yet they are the first persons to put their lives before yours in a disaster.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:33 PM Anonymous Says:

oldnewyorker Says:

I'm sure Jet Blue is happy to hear that.

You've been watching too much pretend television. Businesses never publicly go into details of how the customer actually behaved. When was the last time you read something that stated all the nitty-gritty-Gladys-Cravitz-play-by-play accounts from a respectable company? Never. This isn't TMZ. You have a one-sided-account that you have based so much weight on. Animals? Seriously? How many words pushed together may sound to a child, like she said 'animals'? This should be the conversation in a less sensitive world.