Miami, FL - Police Release Interrogation Video Of Florida Teen Charged In Murder Of NY Rabbi, Denies Involvement In Shooting

Published on: January 7, 2016 11:08 AM

Miami, FL - In videotaped interviews conducted by police both before and after his arrest in the 2014 shooting death of a visiting rabbi from Brooklyn, 15 year-old Deandre Charles continues to deny any involvement in the case.

MIAMICBSLOCAL.com (http://cbsloc.al/1JYXJKk) reports that the Charles is charged with killing 60 year-old Rabbi Joseph Raskin in a botched robbery as the rabbi was walking to shul on Sabbath on August 9, 2014.

During a May 2015 interview with police when he was considered a suspect in the case, the then-14 year-old Charles is heard denying he was at the crime scene when confronted with eyewitness testimony.

“I don’t know. I was not there. I would explain it like – I was not there. I don’t know what the hell he’s talking about. I don’t have no clue what he’s talking about,” Charles tells detectives.

When told that police had collected DNA evidence linking him to the crime, Charles responds, “Lies.”

Even after his arrest 7-months later Charles remains steadfast in his denial, telling police, “I don’t have nothing to do with it. If I would have known something about that murder, I swear I wasn’t even there the day of the murder, man.”

Fairfax, VA - President Barack Obama tore into the National Rifle Association on Thursday as he sought support for his actions on gun control, accusing the powerful... Washington - Arizona Sen. John McCain said questions surrounding Ted Cruz's right to run for president since he was born in Canada should be explored, even as some argue...

Jan 07, 2016 at 12:07 PM Anonymous Says:

I couldn't stop laughing .

Jan 07, 2016 at 11:54 AM yankee96 Says:

Can he be linked to the crime by day,date,time,witness? If not why was he arrested ?

Jan 07, 2016 at 12:06 PM Anonymous Says:

Whats the point of your dumb racist comment? to set the record straight 6 million Jews were killed by whites...

Jan 07, 2016 at 12:32 PM bennyt Says:

I couldn't stop laughing .

On second thought, he looks a lot like De Blasio's cutie pie son Dante.

Jan 07, 2016 at 01:05 PM Anonymous Says:

bennyt Says:

On second thought, he looks a lot like De Blasio's cutie pie son Dante.

And we DNA evidence to prove it . . . ?

Jan 07, 2016 at 01:24 PM Anonymous Says:

bennyt Says:

On second thought, he looks a lot like De Blasio's cutie pie son Dante.

Keep up the good work .....so #4 can call us "dumb racists " !!!!! (smile,smile,smile ) .

Jan 07, 2016 at 05:33 PM Boroch Says:

This savage from the jungle is as guilty as h--l; DNA evidence does not lie. You can tell these perpetrators that on Shabbos, we don't carry any money. Their answer is to shoot and kill people. There were even reports from witnesses, who stated that the killer left with a smirk on his face. Life means nothing to these deviants. I hope that this killer is tried as an adult, and that he is sentenced to life without parole. Attention #4, kindly be advised that according to statistics published by the FBI, Blacks are eight times more likely to murder whites in the USA, than the other way around. Even Sheriff Clarke (Sheriff of Milwaukee County, WI), a Black law enforcement officer, stated that young Black males are disproportionately involved in these vicious, heinous crimes. Unfortunately, the news media hardly mentions Black on White crime, or Black on Jewish crime. However, when it rarely is the other way around, there is non-stop press coverage!