Jerusalem - Ultra-Orthodox Health Minister Releases New Plan To Advance Medical Marijuana Industry

Published on: January 13, 2016 09:30 AM
FILE - portrait of Deputy Minister of Health Yaakov Litzman. Aug 01,2012 Photo by Noam Moskowitz/Flash9FILE - portrait of Deputy Minister of Health Yaakov Litzman. Aug 01,2012 Photo by Noam Moskowitz/Flash9

Jerusalem - Israel’s Ultra-Orthodox Health Minister Yakov Litzman revealed a new plan on Tuesday that could dramatically broaden the nation’s medical marijuana industry by setting no limits on the number of people who can apply for licenses to work in the trade.

YNETNEWS.com (http://bit.ly/1Q4nKym) reports that the Health Minister said he was releasing the plan so that open public discussion could take place over the potential sustainability and economic viability of the initiative.

According to new guidelines, no limits will be set on the number of Israelis who can apply for licenses to grow or sell cannabis, but those who are greenlighted will have to stay within the boundaries of the Dangerous Drug Ordinance.

Litzman said months ago that it was his intention to revolutionize Israel’s medical marijuana industry, saying at the time, “Even today there are pharmacies giving out all kinds of other medicines such as morphine. We will also sort out cannabis. There will be registration and we will supervise it.”

Columbia, SC - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley said Wednesday she is open to the idea of being the running mate to the Republican nominee for president. Speaking on... Israel - According to US reports released on Tuesday, Apple's virtual assistant Siri will begin speaking Hebrew in its upcoming iOS 9.3 operating system. YNETNEWS.com...

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:26 AM Myrak Says:

Once upon a time , this was medicine. Hemp and cannabis and foxglove. Kol hakavod to Minister Litzman. He is keeping Israel at the vanguard of medicine. Utilising natural drugs that are very effective and keeping the illegal substance hype at bay.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:33 AM volfie Says:

What's he been smoking ? He should get high on Torah and not on "medical" marijuana.That's like drinking alcohol for medicinal reasons, Asburd ! Doesn't Israelian society have more serious issues to contend with ? Doesn't the "government" have more important existential issues to deal with?
This country is often times "led" by meshuginas and corrupt politicos !

Jan 13, 2016 at 01:46 PM favish Says:

volfie Says:

This country is often times "led" by meshuginas and corrupt politicos !

oh you hate to see a chassid bearded tzaddik for a health minister,eh. Well let us tell you, mr soineyisroel, he has the respect of all. You run for health minister ASPCA

Jan 13, 2016 at 02:57 PM volfie Says:

I don't know about my being a zadik but I am certainly a bearded chasid that votes Gimmel at election time, while u sit and rip-off the welfare system in Brooklynstan.
I love Yisrael and the people that's why I am here and you are a diaspora welfare -Jew !

Jan 13, 2016 at 06:05 PM favish Says:

volfie Says:

oy vey, you saw thru me. how did you figure i'm on welfare? you forgot to mention we molest children connive, food stamps on multiple names etc etc...makes you happy? good, already did a chesed today...made a yid(?) happy

Jan 13, 2016 at 05:10 PM favish Says:

volfie Says:

wew! I see I stepped on some ones toes real hard