London - Cutting-Edge New Stem Cell Therapy Yielding "Miraculous" Results For MS Patients

Published on: January 18, 2016 09:31 PM

London - A cutting-edge new stem cell therapy is achieving “miraculous” results in patients suffering from multiple sclerosis, leaving many able to walk again while showing signs that the disease has been stopped dead in its tracks.

TELEGRAPH.co.uk (http://bit.ly/1Pb7OLz) reports that the trials, which are being conducted at Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield and Kings College Hospital in London, involve stripping down the patient’s immune system through the use of high doses of chemotherapy and then using stems cells taken from the patent’s own blood to rebuild it.

One patient involved in the trials, 25 year-old Holly Drewry from Sheffield, said she had been wheelchair bound since the birth of her daughter two years ago.

“I couldn’t walk steadily,” Drewry said. “I couldn’t trust myself holding her (Isla) in case I fell. Being a new mum I wanted to do it all properly but my MS was stopping me from doing it.”

Drewry said that within days of starting her treatments she started to see dramatic changes.

“I walked out of the hospital. I walked into my house and hugged Isla. I cried and cried. It was a bit overwhelming. It was a miracle,” Drewry said.

Dublin - Airlines can look forward to continuing low oil prices for at least this year, helping to boost profits and drive demand for travel, but need to be wary of a... Costa Mesa, CA - Some Orange County residents are learning how citrus peels, lawn clippings — even chicken bones — have a second life as a clean energy...

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:32 PM BLONDI Says:

Great news..keep on finding cures and put big pharma out of business

Jan 19, 2016 at 04:34 AM dullradiance Says:

BLONDI Says:

Great news..keep on finding cures and put big pharma out of business

"... involve stripping down the patient’s immune system through the use of high doses of chemotherapy" probably requires pharmaceuticals.

Jan 19, 2016 at 05:27 AM Snagged Says:

Pharmaceutical companies are keeping us alive and healthy for longer and longer. Dolt.

Jan 19, 2016 at 08:36 AM Anonymous Says:

BLONDI Says:

Great news..keep on finding cures and put big pharma out of business

Who do you think is developing the medications...some Bubbe in her kitchen? It costs hundred of millions of dollars to develop and run drug trials.

Jan 19, 2016 at 09:32 AM anon6 Says:

Yes! One more reason to do cord blood banking when babies are born.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:33 AM Anonymous Says:

anon6 Says:

Yes! One more reason to do cord blood banking when babies are born.

The New Square Ruv has forbidden this. I'm not sure why since it can save lives.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:21 AM Anonymous Says:

What ever happened to the ALS cure? (the R Rafuel shmulevitz Zt"l cure)

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:31 AM Anonymous Says:

Taxpayer funded, government supervised university labs - that's who. Then, when the university professors find something, they sell-out to Big Pharma, and the taxpayer gets nothing back on the government investment. The universities have begin to wise up and demand their cut.