Aventura, FL - WSVN: FBI Foils Terror Attack At Aventura Synagogue

Published on: May 1, 2016 11:18 PM

Aventura, FL -A South Florida man who was planning a Passover terror attack on a Miami area synagogue is in FBI custody after federal agents who posed as terrorists set up a sting operation to stop the planned bloodshed.

According to Florida’s 7News an unidentified man had planned to throw an explosive device over the wall encircling the Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center on Friday night, the last night of Passover.

Those familiar with the case believe that the suspect may have converted to Islam.
Sources said that the Conservative synagogue was never in actual danger because the suspect was apprehended before he was able to carry out the planned attack.

Although the FBI has refused to comment on the incident, sources have said that the suspect will be in federal court early this week, possibly as early as tomorrow.

“It’s a very scary world and you know what? I don’t think that anybody is safe anywhere,” Aventura resident Kim Tepper said.

The synagogue, located on NE 30th Avenue in Aventura, is also home to a religious school and a summer camp for children.

Gaza City - The Islamic Jihad militant group says one of its members has been killed in an explosion. The group says Monday's explosion took place at a training site... New York, NY - Uber drivers in New York state have formed an association to strengthen their hand in dealing with the ride-sharing service, labor leaders said on Sunday...

May 02, 2016 at 03:14 AM Agudas Harabonim Member Says:

Clearly a call for the conservative to repent of their sinful ways. If you disagree, then why were they saved? I cannot find for them any Holy zchus (merit) for which they as an entity deserve any divine protection. Please this is an opportunity for all the ignorant chamorim out there to jump, shout and insist that I am evil and wrong.

May 02, 2016 at 05:58 AM 54321 Says:

לעושה נפלאות לבדו..

May 02, 2016 at 09:49 AM bewhiskered Says:

Agudas Harabonim Member Says:

"I cannot find for them any Holy zchus (merit) for which they as an entity deserve any divine protection."

So, you can't find any זכות for them, can you? How about the fact that unlike you, they do not condemn other Jews out of ignorance? While you may be very מקפיד on עבירות בין אדם למקום, you're not very careful at all when it comes to those עבירות which are בין אדם לחבירו. While you are incapable of finding any זכות for them, it would appear that הקב"ה can. The one who really needs to do תשובה is you, fella. Sick, sick, sick.

May 02, 2016 at 10:08 AM Normal Says:

#1 You forgot to mention the many frum Jews in Israel that have been murdered by terrorists were probably on the wrong path and should have been practising Conservative Judaism and were murdered to save their souls from doing more aveiros. Or perhaps it is not for us to determine what a tragedy means. Moron.

May 02, 2016 at 10:20 AM Anonymous Says:

bewhiskered Says:

Oh thank you for accepting my invitation. I truly appreciate words of wisdom after I read "off the wall" ignorance emanating from the pi H'asson. Enjoy your hay and thank you again.

May 02, 2016 at 10:27 AM allmark Says:

Agudas Harabonim Member Says:

This makes no sense. "Clearly a call for the conservative (movement) to repent of their sinful ways. If you disagree, then why were they saved? You are saying they didn't repent and yet were saved. Huh?!

May 02, 2016 at 10:32 AM Esther Says:

Baruch Hashem !

May 02, 2016 at 10:52 AM bennyt Says:

Agudas Harabonim Member Says:

Here's a fact you may not be aware of in your blind ignorance: Why is it that just about every financial scandal and fraud usually involves a "frum" Yid and not a Conservative one?

May 02, 2016 at 11:22 AM Pops Says:

Rather than pointing a finger at fellow Jews, let us pray to Hashem to have mercy on all of us.

May 02, 2016 at 11:36 AM bewhiskered Says:

"Oh thank you for accepting my invitation."

Ignorant and stupid, aren't you? Youk're nothing better than an embarrassment to Jews everywhere. Sick, sick, sick.

May 02, 2016 at 11:30 AM Anonymous Says:

Normal Says:

"moron" is the most appropriate description of this shmeggeggy

May 02, 2016 at 12:04 PM Baruch34 Says:

Reply to#1)
Um there are plenty of orthodox weddings and frum events in that synagogue. Maybe it's a sign for the frum ppl like you to repent and not be so judgmental

May 02, 2016 at 02:04 PM Anonymous Says:

" I truly appreciate words of wisdom after I read "off the wall" ignorance emanating from the pi H'asson."

Believe me, that אתון של בלעם had more common sense than you could ever hope to attain. The post prior to this one is absolutely correct- sick, sick, sick.

May 02, 2016 at 04:14 PM Anonymous Says:

Agudas Harabonim Member Says:

Actually, I was greeted more warmly by the rabbi and congregants in a Conservative Shul, than in most Orthodox Shuls, rabbis included. Also, have you ever tried to partake of a kiddush in an Orthodox Shul where you aren't a member? It is like you have committed a capital offense.

May 02, 2016 at 06:07 PM Anonymous Says:

If you want to be welcome to a shul where they respect everyone weather or not you're a member of the shul or religious try chabad. Not just the Shluchim also the regular religious shuls in N.Y. L.A. Etc welcome and respect everyone regardless of their affiliation