Brooklyn, NY - Passersby Help Foil Attack On Jewish Woman In Midwood

Published on: December 19, 2016 02:33 PM
Police arrest Okhunjon DillaevPolice arrest Okhunjon Dillaev

Brooklyn, NY - A pair of good Samaritans came to the aid of a Jewish woman in Brooklyn last night who was attacked in her car, holding down her assailant who was arrested by police.

The incident took place at approximately 8:30 PM on the Ocean Parkway service road between Avenue L and Avenue M.  Police said that the 37 year old woman suffered a laceration to her forehead and lip after being beaten with a closed fist by a man who entered her car without permission.

An Orthodox Jewish man who lives nearby said that he was driving on the service road when he saw the woman get into her red Hyundai Veloster.

“As she was turning the key in the ignition this guy jumped into her car and attacked her,” said the witness who agreed to be interviewed only on the condition of anonymity.  “She was screaming and kicking him and pushed him out through the driver’s side door.”

The witness said that two continued to scuffle by the benches that line the median between Ocean Parkway’s service road and the main thoroughfare.

“She was throwing punches at him,” said the witness, who joined the melee along with another passerby who stopped to help the victim.  The two restrained the suspect, with both Shomrim and the NYPD arriving on scene in a matter of minutes.

The witness said that the victim was on her way to the airport to catch a flight to her native Bulgaria when the attack took place.

According to police, the woman sustained lacerations to her forehead and lip during the attack.  The victim, who refused medical attention, repeatedly told police that her attacker broke her $400 glasses.

The 24 year suspect was identified as Okhunjon Dillaev and was found to be in possession of an illegal substance.  He was arrested and charged with assault, criminal possession of a controlled substance and unauthorized use of a vehicle.

Police said that Dillaev and his victim did not know each other and that the suspect has no record of prior arrests.

Berlin - A truck plowed into a crowded Christmas market in the German capital Berlin on Monday evening, killing nine people and injuring up to 50 others, police said. A... Tunis - Tunisia's government said on Monday initial evidence showed a foreign organization could have been behind the assassination last week of a Tunisian national who...

Dec 19, 2016 at 02:38 PM anonymous Says:

Uzbeks and Tajiks at your service.

Dec 19, 2016 at 05:04 PM Butterfly Says:

He must have a green card now ins can take it away.

Dec 19, 2016 at 07:04 PM Anonymous Says:

Please, Yidden, when you get into your car, make sure that it is locked. Many years ago, an NYPD cop told me that one night when his was leaving the precinct, after his tour of duty (dressed in civilian clothes), clothes. He got into his car, and a fine upstanding citizen from the inner city, came into his car demanding a ride. The cop told me that he took out his gun, pointed it at the offender's head and stated "Get the (blank) out of my car". The offender was shaken and stated "Yes Sir, boss", and left.

Dec 19, 2016 at 07:50 PM Anonymous Says:

Let's let more immigrants in.

Dec 19, 2016 at 07:51 PM Anonymous Says:

anonymous Says:

Uzbeks and Tajiks at your service.

Yasher koach To the frum Jews who stopped to help!

Dec 19, 2016 at 09:05 PM Nussy Finster Says:

The term Good Samaritan is a term commonly used to describe kind acts performed by people.
It comes from the new xtian testement by their saviour in a parable to demean Jewish people and praise Samaritans the arch enemy of the Jews at that time.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:17 PM realist Says:

Nussy Finster Says:

thankyou for that beautiful nugget of information. here's another...

The swastika was used at least 5,000 years before it got placed on the Nazi flag. The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit svastika, which means “good fortune” or “well-being."

Dec 20, 2016 at 09:31 AM MarkTwain2 Says:

realist Says:

thankyou for that beautiful nugget of information. here's another...

Realist was also a wholesome word before you began using it.

Dec 20, 2016 at 09:45 AM Merkel Cell Carcinoma Says:

Let's let more immigrants in.

Yes you are right. We should should let the Non Muslim Germans running away from the muslims in, as refugees.

Dec 20, 2016 at 03:38 PM Cryokid Says:

Man. Good thing there were cars going down the service roads. We should do more to encourage driving there. Maybe Dov Hikind can figure something out.

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:56 AM BklynGal Says:

It was me who was attacked. The good samaritans probably called 911 and came to help me AFTER I fought off my attacker. No one came to help me during the fight, even though people saw me fighting the guy. I was the one who had him down on the ground, and then a friend of mine who I managed to call came to help me, and then other men came and helped us keep him on the ground and then police arrived.

Dec 23, 2016 at 03:07 PM BklynGal Says: