Brooklyn, NY - Flatbush Teen With History Of Violence Under Arrest In Chol Hamoed Synagogue Robbery
Brooklyn, NY - Three days after a Chol Hamoed robbery and assault at a Midwood Chabad house, members of the NYPD’s 70th Precinct have one teen in custody and are continuing their search for a second suspect.
Assemblyman David Greenfield told VIN News that today’s arrest was made based on surveillance footage.
As previously reported on VIN News (http://bit.ly/2oQdNeu), a synagogue caretaker sustained minor injuries when he was struck in the head by two individuals who broke into Beis Menachem Mendel on Avenue J in Flatbush at 5 AM Sunday morning.
Police said that 16 year old Diuverson Caille was arrested at 2:25 PM this afternoon. Caille and his as yet unidentified accomplice reportedly took a laptop, cell phone, $300 in cash and credit cards from the unnamed 56 year old victim. Caille, who lives one mile east of the Chabad house, was armed with a sharp gardening tool at the time of the robbery.
Caille was charged with robbery in the first degree, burglary dwelling causing injuries, grand larceny in the first degree, criminal possession of a weapon in the first degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the fifth degree.
Sunday’s incident is not Caille’s first brush with the law.
Police said that Caille was previously arrested in October and charged with robbery and criminal possession of a firearm and according to the Canarsie Courier (http://bit.ly/2oMqOr4 ) he was arrested in January for beating a 16 year old local girl with a bat, reportedly breaking a stationhouse bench after being taken into custody by officers at the 69th Precinct. Caille was charged with assault in the second degree, criminal weapons possession and harassment in that incident.
More of today's headlines“United Nations - U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley has a message for North Korea: "We're not trying to pick a fight so don't try and give us one." She told reporters...” United Nations - US Tells North Korea: We Don't Want A Fight, Don't Start One “Washington - Secretary of State Rex Tillerson declared the Iran nuclear deal a failure on Wednesday but left open the possibility the Trump administration will uphold it...” Washington - Tillerson Declares The Iran Nuclear Deal A Failure