Washington - The Department of Defense released 146 more photos from the controversial Air Force One flyover that caused thousands of New Yorkers to panic in April.
The Pentagon posted the photos on their web site Saturday, defense officials said.
On April 27, 2009, two aircraft - a presidential plane and an F-16 fighter jet - flew just above lower Manhattan for a photo-op.
The low-flying aircraft sparked fears and panic of another Sept. 11-style terrorist attack.
Since then, President Barack Obama blasted the photo-shoot mission, saying, “It was a mistake, ... and it will not happen again.”
The flyover cost nearly $400,000, officials said.
More of today's headlines“Deal, NJ - Solomon Dwek's reputation in the West Long Branch area was built as much by his philanthropy as his real estate deals. When 7-year-old Ryan Michael Saberon...” Deal, NJ - Rise And Fall Of Dwek: From A Generous Man To FBI Informant “New York, NY - Earlier this morning around 5:30 a.m., the main terminal at LaGuardia Airport was evacuated because of a bomb threat. Hundreds of confused passengers...” New York, NY - LaGuardia Airport Evacuated Man Arrested After Making (Fake) Bomb Threat