Brooklyn, NY - Abraham Tischler Taken Off The Ballot In 44th City Council Race

Published on: March 2, 2010 05:32 PM

Brooklyn, NY -Brooklyn, NY - VIN News has confirmed with the board of elections that Avraham Solomon Tischler has been removed from the ballot for the upcoming City Council elections in Brooklyn’s 44th district.

After four different challenges, the board of elections invalidated approximately 800 of Tischler’s signatures, leaving him with an insufficient number of signatures to qualify for the ballot.

Harold Tischler, father of the 18 year old candidate, just spoke with VIN News about his son’s candidacy. “My son stood on street corners getting signatures from people in Boro Park. Are you telling me that 800 people lied? 800 people gave us fake signatures? My son does chessed, serves food at Masbia. We go to the hospital on Shabbos and give out food to people. We are supposed to be a Jewish community and the candidates keep preaching achdus. You call this achdus? ”

Gary Tilzer, campaign spokesman for Joe Lazar, confirmed that Tischler had enough valid signatures to qualify for the ballot, saying “The Lazar campaign engaged in an administrative process aimed at making sure Abraham Tischler had enough valid signatures. We owed it to our over one hundred volunteers who donated their time for Joe Lazar to make sure that everyone else played by the same rules we had to follow. We never had any intention of taking Mr. Tischler to court.”

In a statement just released to VIN News,  David Greenfield said, “One of the fundamental concepts in elections is that you must have community support to run for office. The way to prove this support is by collecting signatures. Joe Lazar and I both worked very hard to prove that support by each collecting thousands of signatures and that’s why we both challenged Mr. Tischler’s petitions. Regardless, I wish Mr. Tischler the best and hope to see him active in community affairs.”

Harold Tischler claims otherwise, saying that David Greenfield seemed to be the only candidate who had an interest in keeping his son off the ballot and said that his son would likely support either Joe Lazar or Jonathan Judge.

Long Island, NY - Four police departments, two helicopters, one plane and dozens of plows teamed up to get a Long Island woman to her liver transplant surgery - just in... New York - Unclaimed refunds totaling more than $87 million are awaiting 76,700 New Yorkers who did not file a federal income tax return for 2006, the Internal Revenue...

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:42 PM Anonymous Says:

this means sinas yisroel

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:43 PM Boro Parker Says:

I agree with the Lazar and Greenfield campaigns. They both did work very hard knocking on doors (they both knocked on my door) and worked hard to get so many signatures. Tischler seems like a nice kid, but he has to follow the rules to get on the ballot.

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:48 PM Shaking my head Says:

Mr Tischler, as a father you should do what's best for your son like make sure HE FINISHES COLLEGE instead of throwing an 18 year old into the middle of something much too large for him. You set him up for a huge loss. You thing anyone who signed that paper will really vote for him? Do we really only care about Metro Cards? Pathetic.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:07 PM poshiter yid Says:

David greenfield has just displayed that he is the baby the reason why greenfield didn't sue Jonathan judge is because he doesn't think judge has what it takes as is for tischler had and greenfield got scared I will imy"h vote for Joe Lazar I've known him for years I daven with him he is what we need

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:49 PM Come on Says:

"Gary Tilzer, campaign spokesman for Joe Lazar, confirmed that Tischler had enough valid signatures to qualify for the ballot"
Mr. Greenfield said "Joe Lazar and I both worked very hard to prove that support by each collecting thousands of signatures and that's why we both challenged Mr. Tischler's petitions."
this is contradictory to the Lazar account.
Something is fishy here and I suspect some under the table stuff went down between Greenfield and the elections board. It's nice to see that Boro Park has a bright future if they elect Greenfield.

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:49 PM Real father Says:

Harold Tischler someone should call child protective services. Who in their right mind feeds their kid to the wolves?

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:51 PM Anonymous Says:

I don't think that's good publicity for greenfeild... Way 2a go, you showed us how much of a 2 year old you really are

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:53 PM Zissy Solomon Says:

Avrom Shlomo, this proves that if you start with lies youlll loose.sorry Mr. Tischler. Thank you David for running an EMES campaign! With hashems help you will Win!

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:54 PM Anonymous Says:

The achdus of the candidates puts the rebbes achdus to shame this is pshat talmedei chacumim marbeh shalom biolam

Mar 02, 2010 at 05:55 PM another lie Says:

Greenfield took him to court for fraud? Lazar asked for the Board of Elections to count the signatures? One is a check the other is a lawsuit. Why won't he admit to suing? Can VIN get a copy of the lawsuit? That would prove who is lying.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:02 PM SimchaB Says:

I think now we should vote for Jonathan Judge. That will teach these politicians as usual, a lesson.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:04 PM Ben Says:

David Greenfield was the "ONLY" one that "SUED" Tischler but he's trying his usual spin that Joe also. Also what David?

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:16 PM Anonymous Says:

Tischler worked to get his signatures just as hard as any of the other candidates and instead of paying other people to do it like Mr. Greenfield, Mr. Tischler stood outside in the freezing cold himself getting his own signatures. What a terrible thing greenfield did and he lost my vote. You are degraded in my eyes by taking an 18 year old to court. Everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie. You dont want to help! You want to pocket as much money as you can and because of people like you politics are so corrupt. I hope Tischler appeals his case in court and works together with Mr. Lezar and show this community and everyone else what achdus realy is.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:19 PM Anonymous Says:

I keep laughing at this election. But the kid was knocked off the ballot fairly. Regardless, he was not adding to the debate, so he was a useless candidate.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:23 PM Green Tea Says:

David Geenfield,
What a disgrace. This a tactic he learnt from Bloomberg. If you can't beat him fairly, you discredit him with any means at your disposal.

This was a low blow and very revealing of your Lopez-like personality.

If this guy wins it means bringing Lopez into Boro Park.

Wake Up Boro Park before its too late- Keep Vito Lopez out of Boro Park!!!!

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:23 PM Anonymous Says:

#5... pathetic?? Mr. Tischler has done something no one else has ever done and just getting nominated was a win. You dont know how hard it is for parents to pay their childrens tuition, let alone transportation. By getting on the ballot, he showed everyone that you could accomplish anything if you put the effort into it. Mr. Tischler is going to have a future. We are all tired of these corrupt politicians that dont care about anyone else but themselvs. Its about time that we have a change and leave it uo to someone that could make a big difference in this community like Tischler. Mr. Lezar and Mr. Tischler are a good example of achdus

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:26 PM CREEP Says:

David Greenfield is a creep. I don't care that the Conservative Party endorsed him. This is why I won't touch NYC politics with a 10 foot pole. It is a motley bunch of corrupt pedophile rabbis, corrupt puerto rican assemblyman criminals, chasidic jewish parasites looking for a government handout, and others looking out for themselves and nobody but themselves. What about the average hard-working guy who wants his money to stay in his pocket and who wants effective government? We need a change now.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:28 PM Yanky Says:

Greenfield tried to knock Judge off the ballot. Fortunately for us, Judge has more then enough proper signatures. These ACORN style tactics are not what our community needs. We need someone who has the support of OUR community, not the Sepahrdic community outside of the district.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:31 PM Anonymous Says:

Who is running greenfield's campaign? I got to be honest with you I met David on a couple of occasions and I have friends who know him and they are all surprised that he inst ahead he seems not to have a grip here and that's not the way he has been for Sephardic community, I hope he makes some swift changes and shows this district who he really is.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:32 PM Anonymous Says:

Does Judge have any of the "frum" support? I would assume as a republican the frum community would be more aligned with his views or maybe that doesn't really matter

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:33 PM Jersey Yid Says:

I can;t vote in Brooklyn, but I once started to listen to one of Greenfield's speeches that get posted here from time to time. Nuff said.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:34 PM Anonymous Says:

this all stinks!!!! where is crazy Eddie?

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:35 PM SIMCHAS Says:

what a joke.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:38 PM Anonymous Says:

Zissy Solomon Says:

Zissy Solomon = David Greenfield

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:40 PM Reubies Says:

No I don't think 800 people gave you fake signatures. The alternative explanation really doesn't look good at all. Keep up your chesed work and then work on your emes a little too.

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:41 PM Anonymous Says:

Who is greenfeld's gary tizler

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:52 PM ??? Says:

Emes campaign?? David greenfield has spoken nothing but lies. Lezar tried helping out another Jew while Greenfield tried bashing him. What part of that is Emes??? greenfield is not the right person to represent this community whatso ever. We have corruption no more is needed

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:58 PM Loshon Hora Says:

Greenfield will not get in, if he does, they should investigate every vote IMHO. You will all regret putting him in office, look at his behavior now, it is sickening, he has himself in mind for sure, but you I doubt he has anyone else in mind. Stay away.

Mar 02, 2010 at 07:04 PM Anonymous Says:

another lie Says:

I have a copy of it it was distributed at the debate

Mar 02, 2010 at 07:04 PM Anonymous Says:

Zissy Solomon Says:

Ziisy your a loser

Mar 02, 2010 at 06:21 PM Anonymous Says:

I met tishler on 16th Ave and he was collecting signatures, He seemed like a nice kid possibly a little to eager but I am sure he will get there one day.

This campaign in my opinion is a chilul hashem wrapped up in the guise of frumkeit. All these guys are all out for their own kavod from the politician to their campaign staff and the mosdos are all out for the the money.

Greenfield and Lazar are using strong arm tactics and they are all an embarrassment to the Frum Community! By the way does anyone know the motives behind the staff of these individuals? Are they all part of the 44th district? why are they so eager?

Mar 02, 2010 at 07:23 PM Seichel Says:

Ben Says:

Are you really interested in having an 18 year old running for city council? Purim is over buddy!

Mar 02, 2010 at 07:24 PM Pardo Says:

Shaking my head Says:

He has a right to do whatever he wants, although I think that he shouldn’t have entered the race; this is not Color-War. As for those challenging his signatures I will say: That's not nice.

Mar 02, 2010 at 07:28 PM Pardo Says:

Real father Says:

At 18 he is a godol already. According to the Torah a 13 year old would be able to run without asking for permission. Klal Yisroel had many teenage rabbonim, as youn as 13.

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:09 PM Anonymous Says:

I hope Tischler gains some experience and runs again. Honestly, he is too young. However, after the way Greenfield acted, he lost my vote. They should have encouraged Tischler, not taken him to court. They preach but don't practice. Politics in action, they are all the SAME.

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:15 PM Anonymous Says:

feel bad for this little boy... but you did it to youself.... you have no idea anything about poltics. oh I'm sure now you got the taste of it. stop blaming everyone. you did it to yourself

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:21 PM Anonymous Says:

I meet Mr.Tischler & he asked to sign & I told him I don't know if I am in the 44 council district.So he told me that if it is not elegabale the board of elections will remove it.

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:30 PM Anonymous Says:

It does not make a difference that Judge is a Conservative, since we have Lazar that is running as Democrate but has our 'Hashkafa' anyway... and probably even more than Judge...
Regarding Tichler, I think it made no sense for him to run, u have to have some experiance in life in order to take on a job like this... It's more than what a 18 year old can handle, I don't understand what his father was thinking, being able to collect signatures and delivering food doesn't make u qualified for the job... our voice must be able to be heard, who would listen to a young unexperiance boy, he didn't make such a good imppresion by the debate... Sounded like a kid reading a readers book talking like Obama that he will make changes and make programs work which he doesn't even know what it is... He should have a lot of luck whatever he's doing (hopefully back to yeshiva or Colledge)...

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:30 PM Anonymous Says:

Seichel Says:

You bet I want an 18 year old as my city council member rather than these 2 let's just say they both have the IQ level of a bright 13 year old

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:31 PM Anonymous Says:

I can't get over this stupid campaigns are we really such a stupid community that we can't present some real candidates not like that small kid Tischler who a couple of months ago couldn't even take drivers license or drink alcohol or that other candidate Greenfeld in his low twenties. Do we have a lack in Askonim and community activists to put on the ballot?

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:20 PM Anonymous Says:

greenfeld is a looser with a capital L , whatever votes greenfeld thought he had till now in boro park he lost by doing this stupid move, i will vote for lazar , and i will encourage my freinds and family to vote for lazar,

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:37 PM Anonymous Says:

Seichel Says:

Age has nothing to do with it brains do. How old was Shlomo Hamelech when he became king?
BTW he was king of the whole world.

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:37 PM shlomo Says:

David grenfield knocked on my door one freezing cold night around 10pm to get my signature - my wife wasn't home - I offered to sign her signature as POA, he didn't want it - he wanted her actual vote. So know your facts when you claim he paid people to get their signatures

Mar 02, 2010 at 08:53 PM BP Mom Says:

CREEP Says:

I couldn't agree with you more. I will be voting for Judge.

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:02 PM yid from 48 street Says:

I met tishler on 13th av collecting signatures
I have signed already for greenfeld so I didn't give my signature to him
have I not have signed I would gladly sign for him why not ? If it makes a fellow jew happy?
I don't think its fair to take him off the ballot he is young and wanted a try at this for experience why not encourage him?
Not nice!!!

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:06 PM Anonymous Says:

Which kehilos/shul/rav are Greenfeild and Lazar affiliated with?

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:09 PM Anonymous Says:

greenfield lost my vote i mean this kid was not going to really take away a significant amount of votes so be a mentch and show the little guy the ropes don't go ahead and jump at him like you guys are fighting over class president

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:09 PM Anonymous Says:

Let me guess... You work for greenfild

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:14 PM Velvel Says:

I am no longer for Greenfield. This smacks of Chicago politics in the worst possible way. For all of you people criticizing the young man's father, I think he did a wonderful job raising such a fine young man.

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:19 PM Anonymous Says:

The problem with "askonim" are that true askonim don't run for office its the self promorting askonim who run for office in other words to have the yetzer hora to run for office you need to really be full of your self in a way I think tischler is the best because he's a kid looking to experience something challending in life and I don't think he's infected with this baal gavah attitude yet

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:23 PM Anonymous Says:

shlomo Says:

Shlomo there seems to be allot of greenfeld haters here why don't you tell some of us what good things green feld stands for

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:33 PM Anonymous Says:

When I was in yeshivah and I realized it wasn't for me and wanted to go to work my parents supported me even though this is not what they had in mind, they did it because Parents support their childrens asperations!!! Kudos to mr tischler for being behind your son, at 18 he's better off on the street collecting signitures that smoking pot or chasing girls

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:50 PM Anonymous Says:

Tischler candidacy (if you can even call it that) is as much of a joke as the other two "legitimate" candidates. Why do yiddeshe districts attract such "political hacks and drech" to the ballot when there are so many really talented and intelligent potential candidates who could run but don't want to engage in the gutter politics that is the norm in BP and WB.

Mar 02, 2010 at 09:56 PM Monsey-kid Says:

I agree with you 100%. I am 16 & I love politics & I hope to run for a political position some day. Greenfield is not someone I want to run into he is a overly aggressive! I watched the debate posted on VIN and after Tischler finished speaking Joe Lazar shook Tischler's hand & said bravo! Joe Lazar is someone I respect after watching the debate. Greenfield is only in this for his own good not for the good of the 44th district.

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:02 PM Anonymous Says:

I am neutral on this election and I have no problem with any of these two individuals to represent my district. I don't that a city councilman is a major position and think that both of them can easily fill Simcha's shoes.

I do however notice a bias here on VIN against Greenfield. I hope I am wrong about it. Every time a story is posted about this race, it just takes a mere few seconds for multiple posts to bash Greenfield in every which way. I would assume these are people that are part of the Lazar campaign or possibly even paid posters.

It reminds me of the Heyer vs. Lander election a few months ago when every time a story was posted about it, some Heyer supporters would instantaneously post negative comments about Lander. I wonder if this is being done now by the same group of people.

In any case, I don't yet know who I will vote for, but I will definitely vote. I think the most important thing on March 23 isn't who will win but how many people come out and vote. It is very important that our community gets everyone out to vote, so that it makes it easier for either Lazar or Greenfield to get what they want from the city or state

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:02 PM Mudcha Says:

I don't think there are any good things he stands for! I f he really got money for Yeshivos, why are they all endorsing Lazar? Or for that matter why is Agudah our Yeshiva's #1 advocate in Albany endorsing Lazar.

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:03 PM HAROLD TISCHLER FATHER OF AVRAHAM Says:

Shaking my head Says:

I am proud of my son... he is my hero....I have always told him t help klall yisroel in anything he does.

I know he would have done a great job & not act like greenfeld.

We can & will appeal this.

My son is very busy between visiting people at the hospital & talking at the drug rehabs & helping at the soup kitchen...he also help & works at ohel.

Most of all he goes to school & helps in shul with anything people ask of him...

his life is full & he makes not only his family proud but klal yisroel is lucky to have him..

Say what you want if you had a son like me you would be happy to wake up each day like I do..

Be good all of you to your family & make sure your children do the most important thing the torah asks to do chesed & be good to your fellow man.

My father was in the fires of ouswiich my family is lucky to be here...My son was named after him a man who only did chesed from morning to night.

Try to follow in my fathers example & my sons..

"A GOOD MAN MAKES A CIRCLE AROUND HIM & TAKES CARE OF HIS FAMILY...A GREAT MAN MAKES A BIGGER CIRCLE & HELPS ALL WHO IS AROUND HIM"

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:04 PM Anonymous Says:

And Greenfield just lost my vote.

This and what I read about him teaming up with Lopez made me look very differently at him. He's just a machine politcian.

I will vote Judge.

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:24 PM Anonymous Says:

If you want to see a website slanted towards greenfeld there's one out there and they have lots of pictured too. VIN is just posting peoples views ... It is possible people don't like greenfeld be they right or wrong

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:25 PM Anonymous Says:

What people here don't realize is this David Greenfield took away the people's choice to make a decision for themselves wether Tischler should get a vote or not. That's the worst kind of political shenanigans any politician can make. For that alone, I would not vote for Greenfield. Bottom Line: LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE!!!

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:27 PM Anonymous Says:

Why wasn't he forced to go to Bais Din? I'm always forced to go to batei din, I'd love to get to go to court!

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:33 PM Anonymous Says:

It is clear that this is not a politically neutral site. the submissions are carefully filtered. i will be surprised if this gets posted but based on submissions i have made that never saw the light of day and similar observations of freinds -- this is unfortunately the case. Thats fine as long as thev readers know that they get all the news thats fit to print if it alighns with the political balance the editors are comfortable with.

of course they allow a few opposing views to appear balanced and try to make people believe that the MAJORITY agrees with the position they believe in.

How unfortunate

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:37 PM Anonymous Says:

Let me guess... You work for greenfild

I wrote # 39
I don't work for Greenfeld hapens to be I am voteing for the judge & I am Satmar .

Mar 02, 2010 at 10:37 PM Anonymous Says:

The truth is greenfield did the right move any seasoned politician would do, and lazar being seasoned himself let greenfield do the dirty work for him.

As for the tischler I hope over the next year or two he should get involved/intern with the best of them and then run for public office again as he showed a willingness to actually listen to the people’s concerns as he was getting signatures ( I did sign on 13th ave), he asked if I had any specific complaints, I did to much garbage, and why is garbage collection not done on the same day as alternate side parking….

As for the father you & your wife raised a real gentleman with enough drive to make anything happen…

My you & all of klal yisroall go from strength to strength

Mar 02, 2010 at 11:03 PM Anonymous Says:

Still can't drink alcohol. Don't run no matter how old you are

Mar 02, 2010 at 11:06 PM Baruch Says:

My family is voting for Jonathan Judge because he's a true Conservative in the race. He's clean. He's not affiliated with Vito Lopez and the Democratic machine politics.

Mar 02, 2010 at 11:24 PM bobov chossid Says:

I see lopez is very hated in the jewish community
At least from the posts in here so it looks
But if this is true I wonder why greenfeld who is so affiliated with lopez calls himself the anti establishment candidate?

Mar 02, 2010 at 11:43 PM fact Says:

youre all bashing a young 18 year old that only wants to help and does so much chessed for this community and wants to try to help out as much as he can?? what have you all done for the community??

Mar 02, 2010 at 11:44 PM Oh Says:

bobov chossid Says:

I see lopez is very hated in the jewish community
At least from the posts in here so it looks

You mean the posts that you wrote as 30 different people?

Mar 02, 2010 at 11:49 PM What? Says:

fact Says:

Nobody has anything against the kid. I'm sure he is a great boy but he's a KID. He's not ready for politics. He still needs to complete his education and get more life experience. Have we learned NOTHING from voting in Obama?

Mar 03, 2010 at 12:09 AM Anonymous Says:

Best comment here so far...

Mar 03, 2010 at 01:05 AM moshe s Says:

poshiter yid Says:

if u daven with him that means you are not in his voting district. I know where he davens because I daven with him 3 times a day . so exactly how will you vote for him?

Mar 03, 2010 at 01:33 AM Anonymous Says:

Boro Parker Says:

he came to me in the street i saw him with my own eye
asking ppl for singnature

Mar 03, 2010 at 08:19 AM get real Says:

did this kid have anything to say? It seems like his father is the only one with the own loud opinions-maybe his son was just a front for him so he could live a dream. The father's coment about his own father-he died when he was 13 and what exactly can he really remember except what people told you and learn to spell . Really do you think a 18 year old has any real life experience to understand what's out there? Going into politics is like going into a lions den. You have to have a strong backbone to withstand all the criticism and problem solving that comes day in and day out. No 18 can even begin to understand what that means.

Mar 03, 2010 at 08:42 AM Anonymous Says:

What? Says:

If your comparing tischler to obama who would you compare greenfeld to? Clinton?

Mar 03, 2010 at 09:46 AM pini Says:

avrom shlomi i can tell you this much, u got 77 comments! the rest is not important way to go bro!

Mar 03, 2010 at 10:33 AM mendel from dallas Says:

I wonder why the posters here from the greenfield campaign feel importnet to bash a young kid in here who's only sin was running for office he had no chance to win meaning he wanted to get some experience
I am not even talking of the fact that he took him to court as they said here a vito lopez tactic
But the bashing him and his father? Why?

Trust me you gain very little sympathy by the readers in here

Mar 03, 2010 at 10:50 AM Raphael Kaufman Says:

fact Says:

An 18 year old American who "only wants to help" should join the Marines (who do more to help this country than all the politicians who ever lived.) I'm sure that Avrumie is a bright kid, but he has zero, repeat, zero life experience, or education. Four years of military service and college degree might give him some qualifications for public office. Anyway, there is something vaguely sinister about anyone who chooses political office as a career path instead of business or the professions.

Mar 03, 2010 at 10:56 AM Raphael Kaufman Says:

All Greenfield did was to expect all the other candidates to play by the rules. The "People" can decide who gets the office but there has to be some procedure to get on the ballot. You can't just run for office by proclaiming you candidacy. Anyway, young Master Tischler has just learned his first life lesson: If you want to swim with the sharks, don't whine when you get bit.

Mar 03, 2010 at 11:49 AM Anonymous Says:

poshiter yid Says:

I'm not davening with him so I won't vote for him

Mar 03, 2010 at 12:11 PM awacs Says:

NYS election is arcane. In fact, it is well BEYOND arcane - there are hundreds of traps for the unwary. (For example: if the subscribing witness makes a technical mistake on his affidavit, ALL the signatures he witnessed are invalidated). Candidates spend a lot of time, energy and money to comply with the Election Law.

I'm not surprised that, although his signatures were genuine and not forged nor the product of deceit, etc. that so many were thrown out. This is how things work in New York.

Mar 03, 2010 at 12:27 PM Anonymous Says:

good for this arrogant little yutz I don't care how much volunteer work he does. We are supposed to inculcate humility in our children not have them think that they can conquer the world before they are even legal to be served alchohol. This guy embarrased ME when I listened to him and heard that he did not even know what congestion pricing was. His response to the question was "good question". C'mon dad, give me a break.

Mar 03, 2010 at 12:35 PM Anonymous Says:

What's "drech"?

Mar 03, 2010 at 01:02 PM Williamsburgher Says:

bobov chossid Says:

I see lopez is very hated in the jewish community
At least from the posts in here so it looks

Lopez is hated because he was a soinei yisroel and was Williamsburg's enemy number one. Lately, with strong opposition in the Hispanic community he mended fences with Rabbi Niederman. As a Williamsburger I cannot forgive Lopez. Anything associated with him is treif to me.

Mar 03, 2010 at 01:07 PM Pardo Says:

Raphael Kaufman Says:

Sinister? You're out of line brother. Have your children joined the Marines?

Mar 03, 2010 at 01:08 PM Anonymous Says:

Raphael Kaufman Says:

Have you heard him whine? Where?

Mar 03, 2010 at 01:33 PM Anonymous Says:

Raphael Kaufman Says:

whos whining and by the way there are no sharks to me there are soar loosers

Mar 03, 2010 at 02:26 PM Anonymous Says:

Some politicians need to learn to play in the sandbox.

Mar 03, 2010 at 08:16 PM Abraham's brother Says:

We appreciate everyone that has supported us through out the campaign and to all the people that havent supported us, we appreciate for giving us a chance. But to all those people that have spoken negative about Abraham, you all are blinded by jelously to see that he is trying to help out this community to his best abilities, to show everyone that you dont have to be 30 or 40 to help out your community. If you want to help out, go out and do it. How many of you actually care about helping out people?? Remember the story with Yosef and the shvatim: they were all so jelous of him and threw him into a pit to die just like alot of you are doing right now, but in the end he achieved greatness. My brother did something that no one else has done and i am proud of him just by showing how much he cares. Now i can see that this community is really corrupt by how some of you are knocking down someone that trys to do good. I wish you all the best of luck and that we can all unite and show the world what achdus is!!