Manhattan, NY - Former Governor Paterson's Request For Security Rejected

Published on: January 1, 2011 09:01 PM
FileFile

Manhattan, NY - State police officials have rejected ex-Gov. David Paterson’s request for a full-time, taxpayer-funded security detail.

“He is not going to be assigned a detail perse,” said state police Lt. Glenn Miner. “We’re assessing intelligence on an ongoing basis to see whether security is needed or not needed at any particular time.”

A state police source said Paterson won’t be accompanied by troopers past midnight, when his term ended.

Paterson, who is legally blind, has complained about reentering private life after having aides and security assist him at every step over the past four years.

He has even joked about attending retraining classes at the Helen Keller Services for the Blind.

Paterson last night told New York 1 that his tenure as governor was “my highest privilege.”

“I think it is a good time for me to leave,” he added. “My service is complete.”

Manhattan, NY - frightening letter was sent to an Upper West Side synagogue threatening to blow it up on New Year's Eve, (as first reported on Vos Iz Neias), -- and the... New York, NY - Stu Loeser, chief spokesman for NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg will be a special guest on Talkline with Zev Brenner, tonight at 12 midnight which is...

Jan 01, 2011 at 09:34 PM cool masmid Says:

I don't mean to sound disingenuous, but how did we ever end up with him as governor. He needs to lead his own way before he tries to lead ours(well yours, because I live in NJ). I really wish him well in all his endevours and I hope he can get some kind of help.

Jan 01, 2011 at 10:00 PM mewhoze Says:

no need for taxpayers to shell out $ for him anymore. let him get a job and work

Jan 02, 2011 at 02:08 AM Boochie Says:

cool masmid Says:

To #1 - spitzer walked out on the job

Jan 02, 2011 at 08:55 AM nono2 Says:

a guy like this is not suppose to work at all, he is handycapted, he needs a nurse not security.

Jan 02, 2011 at 11:22 AM ALLAN Says:

I may not have been a fan of the now Ex Governor, but if since he held a position where threats may have been made security could still be an issue. Like him or not he served NYS in a high position and we just can't throw him to the wolves if there are real threats to his safety.

Jan 02, 2011 at 01:17 PM esther Says:

cool masmid Says:

do you really think being blind at all diminishes a person's ability to lead? i would think that it would actually enhance his abilities because of the adversity he had to overcome.

Jan 02, 2011 at 01:20 PM esther Says:

cool masmid Says:

almost every time there is an article on vin re disabilities,ignorant ,backward people feel the need to post ideas that were common 60 years ago. please people educate yourselves a littl.e