New York - Heat Advisory Issued For NYC

Published on: July 11, 2011 04:55 PM
By: AP

New York - If you thought today was hot, wait ‘till tomorrow.

With temperatures soaring to 91 degrees this afternoon in Central Park, the mercury is expected to zoom up to 93 degrees tomorrow.
Accuweather.com reports that the National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for tomorrow.

The city plans to open cooling stations so that New Yorkers can beat the heat.

The heat index is expected to reach 101.

The humidity is expected to drop on Wednesday, with highs reaching the upper 80s. Both Thursday and Friday will see cooling temperatures, with 83 degrees expected on both days.

This comes as record-breaking heat is sweeping the US, according to forecasters.

Temperatures rose above 100 degrees this past weekend across Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana, according to the National Weather Service.

Heat advisories were posted for those states and Ohio this afternoon as officials warned that residents should limit the time they spend outside.

Tel Aviv - A court ruled that a 13-year-old girl suffering from cancer must have her hand amputated – otherwise she will die. The ruling came after the girl's mother... Jerusalem - Israel's parliament has approved a contentious law against boycotts targeting Israeli settlements in the West Bank. The vote late Monday was 47 to 36 in...

You can now automatically hide comments - New!

Don't worry, you can always display comments when you need to.

Jul 11, 2011 at 05:31 PM Worker Says:

Ohh mercy on me, I sit everyday on a hot school bus without air condition for aprox. 9 hours..

Jul 11, 2011 at 07:14 PM MosheM Says:

Can't tolerate the heat.

Jul 11, 2011 at 08:03 PM Wannabe Says:

Worker Says:

I know the feeling. I work in a kitchen without ac as well. Temps can reach over a hundred degrees inside. Its Brutal! :(

Jul 11, 2011 at 09:38 PM shooki Says:

I feel bad for the kids on the school buses and my son is going to an amusement park tomorrow with his day camp. What a wrong day to take kids running around outdoors. I'm nervous.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:28 AM Mandel Says:

As they say " if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen".

Jul 12, 2011 at 09:38 AM Mendel Says:

How about the spoiled children and grandchildren in the country showing some concern for the bubbies and zaidies left in hot apartments alone.