Borough Park, NY - Chilling Confession of Butcher Levi Aron

Published on: July 14, 2011 07:33 AM
By: NBC NY / NY Daily News
Levi Aron, right, the suspect accused killing and dismembering 8-year-old Brooklyn boy Leiby Kletzy, is led into the 67th Precinct by police, Thursday, July 14, 2011, in the Brooklyn borough of New York. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the 35-year-old suspect made statements implicating himself in the boy's death. Formal charges are pending. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)Levi Aron, right, the suspect accused killing and dismembering 8-year-old Brooklyn boy Leiby Kletzy, is led into the 67th Precinct by police, Thursday, July 14, 2011, in the Brooklyn borough of New York. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the 35-year-old suspect made statements implicating himself in the boy's death. Formal charges are pending. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

Borough Park, NY - Hardware store clerk Levi Aron, who was charged Wednesday night with brutally murdering 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky, gave cops a chilling confession, describing in graphic detail how he suffocated the child with a bath towel and carved up the body in a “panic.”

Leiby vanished early Monday evening while walking home from a Borough Park day camp alone for the first time. Police said that even though he had practiced the route, he got lost and approached Aron for help.

In his confession, posted on the Web site of NBC New York, Aron spun a bizarre and improbable tale, claiming he simply offered to give Leiby a lift to a Jewish bookstore, then invited him to a wedding in upstate Monsey.

Excerpts of Aron’s confession to police: This transcript has been edited to remove parts of an extremely graphic nature. It has not been edited for clarity.

“He asked me for a ride to the Judaica Book store. While on the way, he changed his mind and wasn’t sure where he wanted to go. So I asked if he wanted to go for the ride - a wedding in Monsey - since I didn’t think I was going to stay for the whole thing since my back was hurting. He said OK.”

“Due to traffic, I got back around 11:30 p.m. ... so I brought him to my house, thinking I’d bring him to his house the next day. He watched TV, then fell asleep in the front room. I went to the middle room to sleep. That next morning, he was still sleeping when I was ready to leave. So I woke him and told him ‘I’ll bring him to his house’… when I saw the flyers I panicked and was afraid.”

“When I got home he was still there so I made him a tuna sandwich.”

“I was still in a panic ... and afraid to bring him home. That is when I went for a towel to smother him in the side room. He fought back a little.”

“Afterwards, I panicked because I didn’t know what to do with the body.”

“... [I] carried parts to the back room, placing parts between the freezer and the refrigerator.”

… went to clean up a little then took a second shower.  I panicked and .. Then putting the parts in a suitcase.  Then carrying suitcase to the car …placing in backseat on floor behind passenger side.

… drove around approximately around 20 minutes before placing it in the dumpster on 20th street just before 4th Avenue.   Then went home to clean and organize.

I understand this may be wrong and I’m sorry for the hurt that I have caused.

New York, NY - They are the road rules of parenting, the self-defense tips of childhood, the maxims passed down for generations: Don't talk to strangers. Don't sit in... Borough Park, NY - With shock and grief clutching Borough Park in Brooklyn, thousands of mourners and residents poured into a neighborhood courtyard Wednesday...

You can now automatically hide comments - New!

Don't worry, you can always display comments when you need to.

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:45 AM Rebyid40 Says:

Fry this bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:46 AM shredready Says:

the confession makes no sense and is self serving
the boy asked to go to a Jewish bookstore, please
do you want to go to a wedding?
the boy just stayed there the whole day just waiting for him

I think he killed him before the posters and is using that as an excuse.

I could be wrong stranger things have happened

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:48 AM curious Says:

"May be wrong. Sorry for the hurt." You didn't cut someone in line at the grocery store. You brutally murdered an innocent. Rot in hell!

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:49 AM speechless Says:

what is the point of lying if you are going to jail for life? and should we be dan lekhof zechus in such a situation?

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:51 AM Babishka Says:

He did not "panic," he knew what he was doing. He probably planned to keep his prisoner for a longer time before he killed him, but had to change his prearranged schedule.

Please do not devote any more time to analyzing this monster. Just send him away for his life in prison and his fellow inmates, will give him the respect that he deserves, just like they respected Jeffrey Dahmer.

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:52 AM M R Says:

Do the same to him from the tuna sandwich to cutting him up and placing him in a suit case in to the dumpster -good riddance -no mental institution for him -dumster will be just fine

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:56 AM Yidaleh Says:

don't believe it not one word

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:07 AM Anonymous Says:

What a nice story i guess you weren't only a butcher, you know how to bake too. Your story doesn't make a drop of sense

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:08 AM Anonymous Says:

Why would the bochur want to go to a chassanah in Monsey? Some parts of the story don't seem to make a lot of sense.

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:08 AM Ivrianochi Says:

Please don't offend all meatproviders by calling this monster a butcher!

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:08 AM Anonymous Says:

Let this Monster rot in hell!!!!!! Lock him up in a box and have a painful death

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:19 AM SF2K1 Says:

Unbelievable, what normal person's first reaction after seeing a missing person's report is to kill a child? This guy can't be mentally sane.

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:24 AM Anonymous Says:

He says when he got home the boy was still there - so he made him a tuna sandwich. Wouldnt the boy have tried to call his parents or just left the house? His story sounds lie such a lie!!! Hashem Yerachaim! What a sick, crazy, deranged person we are dealing with? May Hasem protect all yidden! and keep everyone safe!

May we all have a healthy and safer summer!

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:29 AM monseygal Says:

i feel offended that we had him here in monsey that night, but dont believe a word of this story, did anyone confirm that he was really at the wedding that night? did he shlep along the boy or not?

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:32 AM lynett Says:

all lies!!even if he would have taken him he could have run away.he for sure killed him that night.i hope he wont get a lawyer who will try to set him free cos he is ''mentally disturbed''....so called innocent!!!!he needs to be hung on 13th avenue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:38 AM Anonymous Says:

I'm very sad to say this but I think this guy and his lawyer are going to plead insanity in which case he won't be locked up for life but will serve time in rehab. I hope this doesn't happen...

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:53 AM toein Says:

So he admits he took the boy to Monsey. Which in all likelihood means that he took him through NJ, which makes this kidnapping a federal crime. Since the murder happened during the course of a kidnapping, he is eligible for the federal death penalty. Now if only the DA would allow the US Attorney to take over and prosecute the case...

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:55 AM Anonymous Says:

The bochur didn't know the chasan kalah in Monsey.. The article must mean the murderer had been invited to the chassanah.

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:01 AM enlightened-yid Says:

Street Justice is always an option then

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:05 AM grandson1 Says:

I wish him many years of excrutiating pain and suffering and cursed are the parents that gave birth to such a monster.

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:22 AM Riki Says:

Ivrianochi Says:

Please don't offend all meatproviders by calling this monster a butcher!

I really don't think any butcher takes offense by labeling this monster a butcher!
May leiby's neshama be a meilitz yoisher and lets hope Aron gets the worst punishment

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:28 AM Anonymous Says:

Did people see him at the chasuna?

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:37 AM The_Beadle Says:

grandson1 Says:

Levi Aron's parents no more asked for a murderer for a son, then did the Kletzky parents ask for their son to be murdered.

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:43 AM PMOinFL Says:

Levi Aron says:
"I understand this may be wrong and I’m sorry for the hurt that I have caused."

MAY be wrong? He's SORRY?

Can we just find some way to kill this man and be done with it already? That is the kind of language Dahmer used.

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:57 AM on second thought Says:

did he only come up with this (highly unlikely) story so he should be able to rot in a federal facility rather than state prison??

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:02 AM Benny Says:

They should let him out, and let all the people that knew Leiby listen to that explanation and let's see if they will believe him.
I am sure he will get a tuna sandwich also

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:04 AM Anonymous Says:

C'mon, people. Do you really believe any of that drivel? He took Leiby, hyd, straight to his apartment, abused him and then smothered him. The rest is all rubbish.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM marineparkwielun Says:

if he went to the wedding there would be 100 witness statements by now

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM hope Says:

lucky for this monster, the lions in the den he's entering A) hate him for being a Jew, and B) the other cold blooded killers have low tolerance for child related crimes. may this cold blooded, heartless, perverted sick animal get what's due to him before the wound reopens at his trial. may he be buried in the plots of the unknown

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM curious Says:

toein Says:

Does kidnapping carry the death penalty. Unfortunately, the murder was anh N Y state crime-not eligible for the death penalty.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM MIESQ Says:

The facts that are not in dispute Levi took Lebby HY'D in his car to his apartment, held him there, murdered him and mutilated his lifeless body. The rest is just filler that can be ignored. If Levy knows what did was "wrong' insanity may not be anavailable plea since he knew what he was doing.
The solace one can take is Hashem will not let levy off easy.
May Lebby be a malitz yosher and arouse compassion in our hearts for one another T'Yeh Zircrono L'Bracha U'L'Zuchut HaRabim.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM Einstein Says:

I'm not worried at all about him getting away with anything, you know what they do to child molesters in prison... He'll regret he didn't do it in florida or taxes where he would go painless..

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM boroparkermom Says:

meshugana!!!!!!! why does vin have to go so into detail abt it?? it hurts everyone as it is. all these details is just making us more dramatized!!!!! hashem yiracheim

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM Its-Me Says:

death penalty is the only thing now! and of not this... then NY is corrupted! hes a piece of B-S

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM no1jew Says:

curious Says:

i agree.
just go to hell and may you have the worst punishments in the bottom of hell

Jul 14, 2011 at 01:34 PM grandson1 Says:

The_Beadle Says:

If you would bother learning the Talmud you would see that G-D brings good through the good and evil through the evil. To bring to this world such a miserable monster means that there is something wrong with them. Sorry but those are the facts.

Jul 14, 2011 at 01:49 PM ANONYMOUS47 Says:

This Creep's lawyer is going to plead him insane and then we the people who are hurting are going to give him three cooked meals, a bed, free medical care, all at our expense! Is this JUSTICE? I don"t think so! The only kind of justice he should get is an eye for eye. And then we will SORRY'

Jul 14, 2011 at 02:17 PM ANONYMOUS47 Says:

This creep's lawyer is going to claim that he is insane. And then we the people are going to give him 3 square meals a day, a bed to sleep in and free medical care. And this is JUSTICE? I don't think so! I hope he will get his just punishment in prison 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE' Hopefully his inmates get at him and then he will know what it feels like. Just curious who is going to WANT to defend him? just a thought!

Jul 14, 2011 at 02:26 PM Anonymous Says:

grandson1 Says:

What an evil and unfair thing to say!!! there is a possibility that they gave him a horrible childhood, which may explain it but NOT excuse it. And there is also the possiblility that the parents had nothing to do with it. How dare u curse them when you have no idea of who they are and what their story is!

Jul 14, 2011 at 05:44 PM A Says:

speechless Says:

I believe the monster desperately doesn't want people to know that he took Leiby in order to sexually abuse him. There are people who would prefer to be known as murderers than pedophiles. He knew there was no way to cover up the murder, especially not after the evidence found in his freezer but he's attempting to cover up the abuse with this concocted story.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:43 PM Anonymous Says:

Babishka Says:

I agree--There is no rehabilitation for a person such as this, there is only the deserved consequence of death, however it may come. And it should come more often than it does in this country. Paying to keep a person such as this alive is madness.

Jul 15, 2011 at 01:22 AM Misti4u Says:

While there is no excuse for the brutality of this man's actions towards an innocent child - I do think people should remember that parents and other relatives did not cause this man to do this heinous act. They should not be vilified and hurt further. They already have to live with the shame of being related to this scum.