Rockland County, NY - Police Ask Other Victims To Come Forward In Child Abuse Case In Monsey

Published on: August 1, 2011 02:38 PM
By:  WABC TV

Rockland County, NY - A Monsey man was arrested last Friday and charged with sexually abusing at least one child.

Ramapo police say 31-year-old Shmuel Dum is facing two counts each of first-degree sexual abuse and second-degree course of sexual conduct for contact with an individual less than 11 years old, both felonies.

Dym was arraigned and released on $30,000 cash bail. He surrendered his passport to the court.

At this time, no further information regarding the case will be released to protect the victims. If any other person feels they may have been victimized, they are encouraged to contact the Ramapo Police.

India - Shortly after eleven o’clock on the night of May 1st, two MH-60 Black Hawk helicopters lifted off from Jalalabad Air Field, in eastern Afghanistan, and... West Africa - A 59 year old Brooklyn man who was in West Africa on business died this past Shabbos following a minor car accident that took place on Thursday deep in the...

Aug 01, 2011 at 02:58 PM MazelKGH Says:

Is he "Dum" or "Dym" or both? I think most would prefer him "Dead". B"H" that sechel is finally coming back into style and the archaic "coverup" days of abusing our children are over.

Aug 01, 2011 at 02:55 PM shaya1011 Says:

i hope they lock him up

Aug 01, 2011 at 03:20 PM common-sense Says:

MazelKGH Says:

Why do you assume he is guilty? What do you know about the case other than what you have read? Imagine if you were arrested for something, although you are innocent(innocent people do get arrested) and people assumed that you were guilty.

And don't tell me because a child made the charge and children don't lie. Until we know all the facts, we cannot assume someone is guilty.

Aug 01, 2011 at 03:10 PM Best Freind Says:

I am a very close friend of Shmeil Mordchai still from yeshiva days and there is no way i can believe this story, I mean everything could happen in this crazy world but the stuff i know about him is all the way the opposite this must be a set up, my prayers go to him that the real truth should be revealed,
If this is a set up than let those people rot in jail.

Aug 01, 2011 at 03:47 PM Meshigah Says:

The fact that his brother is a registered offender doesn't mean that he is as well, maybe someone couldn't get on his brother so got on him,
his brother was molested by a very famous molester that already served his time now lets see who will be right in this case

Aug 01, 2011 at 03:50 PM Rebecca Says:

If you suspect your child may have been molested in the past ask your pediatrician for a referral to a therapist who specializes in this. At the least they may suffer life long depression or a personality disorder. At the worst... Even if your kid is now an adult, try to get him /her help.

Aug 01, 2011 at 03:51 PM CHBKWE Says:

If found guilty..... Lock him up, take the key and put it in a pot of cement, wait till it dries... take the Staten island ferry, at about 15 minutes into the ride dunk the cement pot overboard!!!

Aug 01, 2011 at 03:52 PM sam46th Says:

Best Freind Says:

If this is a set up than let those people rot in jail.

"my prayers go to him that the real truth should be revealed"
I feel your pain, but you knowing him is irrelevant.

Aug 01, 2011 at 03:58 PM uhrkasdim Says:

Picture Please!!

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:08 PM Anonymous Says:

CHBKWE Says:

Sounds like you want to punish the key.

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:16 PM Track5 Says:

I think that locking him up is not the solution they shoal force him and all this predators to go for help.

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:26 PM Anonymous Says:

Not talking about this story, hope he's innocent, (I believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'), in general most important thing is, if someone is found guilty on child sex charges, he/she should be registered as a sex offender, so neighbors and ppl around them know to be aware and watch on their kids.
A known molester in our neighborhood was turned over to police by the psak of 3 prominent chassidish rabbonim, he served his time in prison, but now he's back on the streets, fortunately he had to register as an offender, so atleast ppl know to be aware.

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:29 PM 789456 Says:

sam46th Says:

"my prayers go to him that the real truth should be revealed"
I feel your pain, but you knowing him is irrelevant.

let me tell you something... knowing him is relevant to this case bec those who knw him knw hes the last one in this world to do such a thing. whoeva knws this man knws he has a heart of gold and is always doin chessed to accuse him of somethink like this is unimaginable just like you wnt believe your rabbi is molesting childeren bec you knw him so well and knw nothing like this could have happened those who knw him knw that it couldnt happen . this has to b a set up i think its nt fair just bec his brother was acciused of it doesnt mean that bec some child makes st liek this up is true mayb he got into an argument with someone and they decided to use this as revange. i hope the truth comes out and after all whats happening in the world u would think ppl would try to b don lekeph zechus as stop makin horib coments like dump him in the river etc.

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:37 PM Fightillend Says:

I know him very well let's not assume he's guilty it pretty hard to believe

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:45 PM Anonymous Says:

Fightillend Says:

I know him very well let's not assume he's guilty it pretty hard to believe

Maybe you don't know him as well as you thought!

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:59 PM Anonymous Says:

Maybe you don't know him as well as you thought!

Better Than you I'm Sure!

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:56 PM LouKay Says:

sam46th Says:

"my prayers go to him that the real truth should be revealed"
I feel your pain, but you knowing him is irrelevant.

Certainly, more than your comment. I would think!

Aug 01, 2011 at 04:59 PM Believe in his innocence Says:

Samuel is a very good friend of mine. I believe he's not guilty.

Praying he should soon be proven not guilty, Amen!

Aug 01, 2011 at 05:09 PM Anonymous Says:

If he's innocent: poor him, his reputation will suck no matter what
If he's guilty: poor him, his life will not be worth living
The reason for petty here is because these molesters don't mean to be evil they're SICK. I believe they need to be locked away but I believe even more they should seek help when needed and avoid ruining a kids life as much as their own!

Aug 01, 2011 at 05:12 PM Anonymous Says:

CHBKWE Says:

15 minutes into the ride with the staten island ferry is 5 minutes away from manhattan, too easy to get it. Think of a better plan.

Aug 01, 2011 at 05:16 PM miri Says:

Why does this blatant piece of lashon hara have to be publicized at all?? I lived near this family all my life and my heart goes out to his parents and siblings!! Do they deserve all this shame??? Its the nine days for goodness sakes I think some minimizing of all this gossip is in order

Aug 01, 2011 at 05:37 PM InNY Says:

miri Says:

It's time we in the community stop with the nonsense of calling everything Loshan Horah?? when was the last time you opened up Serifer Chafitz Chaim?? and based on what halacah is this Loshan Horah?? please enlighten us based on Halacah , not on your personal believes, and feelings.

Aug 01, 2011 at 05:43 PM jew from jewland Says:

if the police took him for questioning and he had to give bail is not enough that a jew should write or say that he is guilty. Let the court do their work and we as jews must be aware that many many people jewish and (lehavdil) non jewish, were taken to jail when they were proven at the end to be 100% not guilty.

I know for a fact on a very big taolmid chacham who was taken to jail becuss one of his enemies wanted to to get him in trobel and they hired a young girl to testify against him. After a year this girl got a very serious sickness and she came forward to say that the story was not true and she testified false facts on behalf of a person who paid her $10,000. in order to get this Talmid Chacham to jail.

Aug 01, 2011 at 05:48 PM Anonymous Says:

well i had him over for shabbos many times, i slept with him in one room in yeshiva for 2 1/2 years that should be enough to know him and guess what if will still trust him with my children now that's how much confidants i have that the story is not true

Aug 01, 2011 at 05:52 PM eigner Says:

Od Mosai!!
We can't take any more of this. Moshiach must come today.

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:22 PM ChuchemAtik Says:

You're crazy and CPS should take away your kids. If they would arrest my own sweet hearted holy brother I would still out precaution not let my kids near him tilll the investigation process is over

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:14 PM Yossi Says:

Unbelievable how yidden can make such comments on a person who no ones heard his side of the story...How can someone accuse a person just from reading a story.?
Yom Kipper is only 70 days away and what will you face hashem when you insulted a fellow jew ? Hamalbim Pnei Chavyroy Einoy yesh luhem chylek beolym haboo...
Please please have rachmunes on this man and on your own neshumeh...

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:28 PM inNY Says:

Yossi Says:

Please please have rachmunes on this man and on your own neshumeh...

Yossi, when was the last time you opened up the Seifer Chofitz Chaim??

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:32 PM miri Says:

InNY Says:

Please don't compare this guy to a murderer. And you really don't think all of these dumb irrelevant comments are lashon hara?? What are we accomplishing here besides for Fulfilling someones need for gossip?? Is that really what will prevent these things from happening again?? The guy is arrested, innocent or not. His lesson is surely learned. But by gleefully chewing over the facts of a fellow yids downfall nothing is being accomplished at all. So get a life please

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:40 PM inNY Says:

miri Says:

Did you throw out the newspapers that had Levi Arons name printed, yes, or no?? did you call them up to protest that it's Loshn Horah..

Based on your philosophy, there is no need to report who Killed Leiby Kletzky, cause the man Levi Aron is already in jail, whats the need to publicize his name??

I'm just trying to highlight how illogical many in this community think??.. and you did not answer my question, when was the last time you learned Chofitz Chaim??

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:59 PM Anonymous Says:

All of the friends who believe he is innocent should know that relationships with people like this can be sound and true. It does not mean that he doesn't molest. Just because you slept in the same room it cannot mean he doesn't have these urges.

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:55 PM miri Says:

Look, there is no denying the fact that we are hurting a fellow jew. I am by no means saying this guy isn't terribly wrong. But why is that up 2 us 2 decide?? Did u hear me defend him? Justify him?? All I'm saying is that YOUR lashon hara is on YÓUR head and there's no excuse for that. Him being wrong doesn't make you right in the least bit

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:34 PM Kosher Jew II Says:

I remember a big Talmid chochom a Rabbi and magic shiur in Monsey he was a good man, man of chesed, but he fed Mexican chicken (trief) for quiet few years and few hundred families. So knowing him doesn't mean you know everything about him!

Aug 01, 2011 at 07:27 PM esther Says:

miri Says:

miri,you sound ver young and i hope that's the case because you have a lot to learn.it is not far fetched to compare a child molester/rapist to a murderer.lives are destroyed and the seeds planted for the victim to become a molester and create more victims.

Aug 01, 2011 at 07:25 PM Anonymous Says:

Ask the children THEMSELVES if they want him to take care of them.

Aug 01, 2011 at 07:37 PM 123 Says:

inNY Says:

You sound very excited about this chofetz chaim business but i'm really not sure what you are on about because i've learned it and there are around 30 averos involved in what you are doing which 100% loshon horo as you have no idea who he is as you admitted yourself so it could just as easily be someone out there trying to get at him.

Aug 01, 2011 at 07:38 PM mutti Says:

miri Says:

this isnt loshon hora. it is an obligation and a mitzvah to publicize even suspected molesters to ensure the safety of our communities.

Aug 01, 2011 at 07:41 PM BT Says:

inNY Says:

Yossi, when was the last time you opened up the Seifer Chofitz Chaim??

Could you please tell me what it says there because i'm sure YOU do know. Just remember to be dan lecaf zchis is a halocho!

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:03 PM Anonymous Says:

Best Freind Says:

If this is a set up than let those people rot in jail.

you really need to read up about child molesters.

they come in all shape and sizes

as a matter of fact you cannot look at a person and say he is one.

Many molesters are otherwise very nice people who no one would expect in a million years that is what makes them dangerous.

Having said that all I am saying just because you know him, and even if he is a baall tzhudukha and learns every night he still can be a child molester.

It is a fallacy that a child molester is the creepy guy who lives by themselves and so on.

many time they can be pillars of their community

what you say about this guy is the same thing that was said about every frum molesters even the notorious ones like kolco and mondrowits

I wonder if there is a case when a frum guy was charged with molestation people said him yeah that makes sense? Most lily there is not even one case

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:03 PM qazxc Says:

BT Says:

So is lo sa'amod al dam rei'echoh. So is ubeartah harah mikirbechah. So is hatzolas neshamos.

I'm no expert on hilchos lashon harah, but isn't his arrest being reported in newspapers and all over the internet make this devorim hayidu'I'm be'alma?

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:27 PM Why we RIGHTFULLY assume he is guilty Says:

common-sense Says:

The reason we rightfully assume he is most likely, guilty, is simply because statisticaly speaking, 96% of such accusations are always found to be 100% correct in a court of law.

That's a good enough reason.

The CHAZAKA is that they are guilty.

As for the fact that he seems like such a nice person, the same statistics apply in that 99% of the time every single Molester, seems like the very last person anyone would suspect.

If he seems like someone unlikely to have done it, that is 100% classic profile of just about every single 'frum' Molester.

Every typical 'frum' molesters has that precise same 'look' as 'the last person anyone would ever suspect'.

That's precisely why all 'frum' Molesters are tragicaly so successful and why it takes so long to catch them (ususualy you catch them after they have molesters HUNDREDS of other children before they ever get arrested), because they look so innocent and are 'such nice' baaley chesed and they ALL look like the most perfect Tzadikim.

Looks and apparent behavior can be very deceaving and all Molesters thrive on that principal because almost all naive people mistakenly think that a person really is, as he seems to look.

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:16 PM only HaShem knows the truth Says:

i dont know this person and i truly hope that he is innocent for his sake & his family. the truth will come out. but for those of u saying you know him- that does not attest to someomes true character or what they do in the private. (not this person- just generally speaking...) my father is a big talmud chacham yet he is we a monster at home....no one would know outside what we suffered as children.
and yes, a pedophile is a murderer!!! they murder the innocent childs soul, emotional and spiritual well being- life for a victim is never the same. i am happy that the community is finally being more open & aware....my heart goes out to all victims of molesters and for all those falsely accused (if it does happen in rare cases..) may we NEVER know of molestation or any pain. and may we greet mashiach soon. and may justice be served. and the truth revealed for the innocent and the guity.
once again- i do not know whether this particular man is innocent or guilty and im not commenting on him personally. innocent untill proven guilty .....may HaShem givee all victims of molestation lots of strength, comfort and love from above.

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:16 PM justice Says:

InNY Says:

You are absolutely right I highly agree with you. I am reading the Chofetz Chaim a lesson a day in memory of Leiby a"h, and it clearly states that should you know someone who's actions will have negative affects time and time again you r obligated to report it. There's no loshen hara involved. To all the loshen hora preachers out there: you're all a piece of fake cake trying to give a holy appearance but your hollow inside with no basis. Probably the ones with the siddur on the porch for all to see

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:06 PM miri Says:

esther Says:

Did u once hear me defend this guy?? He might be wrong, but lashon hara is wrong as well. Why is that so hard 2 understand???

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:35 PM Anonymous Says:

mutti Says:

is it one of the 613 mitzvot? please tell us where the Rambam counts this of the mitzvot.

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:50 PM VosMactAYid Says:

Where there is smoke there is fire

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:13 PM Heather Says:

I just can't stop thinking about how many molesters there are out there that are not being taken care of. It's sickening and heartbreaking that even with all the awareness out there very little was accomplished with regard to exposing those reshaim, and out CHILDREN ARE AT RISK EVERY DAY!

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:11 PM Anonymous Says:

miri Says:

What's the matter with you? This man is extremely dangerous and the community needs to know about him so they can safeguard their children. If there are other victims out there, they need to come forward so that they can put this predator away for as long as possible so that he doesn't destroy any more neshamos. This is pikuach nefashos and you're concerned about loshon hora? The term chossid shoteh fits you to a tee.

Aug 01, 2011 at 08:59 PM Fightillend Says:

Maybe you don't know him as well as you thought!

I know him better than most of you people out there that post stuff just because you read something & decided to comment without knowing any facts whatsoever

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:26 PM Fightillend Says:

If he would've been convicted & proven guilty BEYOND ANY DOUBT then yes publicize his name & pic but so far nothing's been proven so why judge prematurely

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:45 PM bubii Says:

you really need to read up about child molesters.

they come in all shape and sizes

as a matter of fact you cannot look at a person and say he is one.

many time they can be pillars of their community

you hit the nail on its head you cant tell in a million years who is a molester i can tell you first hand as a child of 10 i was molested by non other then our town shoihet and moel this was 50 years ago in europe it happened in the mikva every word you wrote is toras emes it is impossible to know who is a molester until it happens.

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:47 PM Anonymous Says:

Yossi Says:

Please please have rachmunes on this man and on your own neshumeh...

Insulted a fellow Jew because we speak about his being arrested for sexually abusing children with several more victims coming forth who don't even know each other? Stop protecting the monstrous abusers among us. Enough already! Think of our poor, helpless kinder these brothers have had sex with. Their lives will be destroyed forever and you still want to sweep it under the carpet and blame the kids.

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:47 PM Anonymous Says:

Fightillend Says:

The judging we'll leave to the courts. It is our responsibility to protect our children. That's why his name and picture must be publicized.

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:50 PM A1826 Says:

Fightillend Says:

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but knowing a person well still doesn't mean that he is not a molester. I had some shocking news that I had to come to terms with. Its very hard and painful; however, its a sad fact.

The fact that you know him very well doesn't rule out that he may be a molester.

Tell me, why would a parent go through hell to report a person that everyone can swear that he is so nice to protect their 11 yr old child? They must have had enough information to want to do that.

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:56 PM Anonymous Says:

Yossi Says:

Please please have rachmunes on this man and on your own neshumeh...

Molesters used to look like men in a tan coat. Now they look like learned men with pais and yarmulkas.

Aug 01, 2011 at 09:58 PM ploiny Says:

i know him good for the last 8 years, and i can say with a full mouth its most be a set up or simple mistake, and everybody that knows him will say the same, he is the real real opposed of this, and he would never do that, and its not "yosher" and right and against the haloche and against every point of seance to believe that just because some no name child say saw with no info no story no nothing, and when the court will rule that he is innocent then the people don't talk about the case like before and nobody care anymore, so dear brothers and sisters lets not judge no one before u see that he did it or when a kosher beis din give a pesak in righting, lets not be dan our jewish brother just bec, somebody decided to set him up, and lets not have to do tshiveh on that on the coming yom kuper,

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:03 PM a-giten Says:

Isn't it interesting? People who don't know him scream all shmutz on him & are beleiving all these shmutz which goes around, vs people who DO know him did noone ever say here a bad word about him! & those thugs who don't know him scream that those who know him don't know what they are talking!

Do you understand this???? Me not!!!

Its Choidesh UV on the world & because of Sinas Chinum was the Beis hamikdosh burned, we need to sit here in America to replay the explanation of "Sinas Chinam".

I'll repeat; noone who said a bad word against this person knows him, & any one who knows him didn't say anything bad against him.

Now let's go cry on tisha b'av w/o a guilty concious.

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:08 PM FinVeeNemtMenSeichel Says:

I have no misplaced mercy or compassion for child molesters. That having been said, the only thing I hate more than pedophiles is people like you. You know who you are - worthless soul-less individuals who assume guilt on someone just because of the tastelessness of the accusation. Are you a rape victim? Is your child, heaven forbid? Guess what - you still have no right to fantasize about the guilt of another person and if you do, you are patently evil. I am so sick of seeing comments from purportedly "heimishe yidden," "chareidim," "frum," "yeshivish" or any other highfalutin-labeled folks which stink of ignorance, superiority and venomous hatred for others. And the latters' families. Innocent until proven guilty - it applies to you, your precious children, and others as well. Equally. Any questions?

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:13 PM FinVeeNemtMenSeichel Says:

Kosher Jew II Says:

Finally a man/woman who thinks things through. I appreciate your effective argument for why we should consider Mr Dym guilty before he is proven as such. And you and your son as well.

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:17 PM Anonymous Says:

miri Says:

I do hope that he is not guilty and he clears his name up but if it is true, I sure want his picture posted in every shul, cheder and school warning kids to keep away from him.

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:24 PM Anonymous Says:

inNY Says:

You're an idiot!!! There is undeniable prove that what levi aron is accused of doing is really the truth , (like surveillance how he takes him into his car) What prove do you have as of yet that this monsey guy is guilty ??? How do you compare ?

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:27 PM FinVeeNemtMenSeichel Says:

miri Says:

Miri dont be disheartened by the ignorance of others who don't understand what you are saying. You are completely correct.

And to the person suggesting youth is distorting her perception - how do you know she isn't a grandmother? Or grandfather for that matter? How idiotic it is to make assumptions, wouldn't you all agree?

This is what miri is saying:
nobody said the crimes Mr. Dym stands accused of aren't horrible.
He wasn't yet found guilty, at any rate.
Here's the kicker: if he will be found guilty, yes we must protect other neshamos from him BUT that is not what you chacumim yid'ei hu'ittim are doing by assuming him guilty and fantasizing about his punishment. you are digging your own graves come yom hadin.

If you still dont get it, well then, sorry. You have more problems then I care to help you with.

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:49 PM BrainsOverBrawn Says:

Track5 Says:

As a professional, the so-called help doesn't work in almost every case. Abusers, predators, molesters.... they will continue the vicious cycle over and over.

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:56 PM RavShmuel Says:

Our society used to hide children with Down's syndrome in the closet. Now we embrace them warmly. Our society has been protecting molestors and cruelly treating molested children and their families, especially if they report to the police. It's time to show these children and their families our love and concern. They have suffered so much!!!. Let's show Hashem we have our priorities straight. And let us stop protecting these evil rodfim, just because they look frum.

Aug 01, 2011 at 10:56 PM emes01 Says:

Unfortunately, I know several children who were molested. I became aware (and I never knew this before) that when a child claims to have been molested, no matter how unlikely it seems, it is almost certainly true. Why would anyone in our community make up a story like that? The publicity will hurt them all their lives.
A criminal conviction is another matter as that requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. But even if the person is not convicted he should be kept away from children. We would like to believe our mehanchem would take that responsibility but since they don't we parents need to know who is being accused so we can protect our children.

Aug 01, 2011 at 11:00 PM ishbibele Says:

mutti Says:

Mutti ,IYH by you on simchas

Aug 01, 2011 at 11:04 PM Anonymous Says:

is he related to Chaim?

Aug 01, 2011 at 11:09 PM Anonymous Says:

miri Says:

I agree with you 100 percent.

Aug 01, 2011 at 11:20 PM esther Says:

that coat thing was a dangerously naieve sterotype then and your current stereotype is absurd and antisemetic.

Aug 01, 2011 at 11:49 PM silverchain Says:

Witht this topic in the headlines these days,I just dont get what thrill there is in molesting little boys.what is going on in some people's heads that would make them do crazy stuff like that.Better that they hire a prostitute to channel their forbidden energies, than to mess around with kids. ridiculous!!

Aug 01, 2011 at 11:53 PM Shaul in Monsey Says:

miri Says:

Sorry darling, this is not loshon harah. The safety of our youth in protecting them form predators while they cannot protect themselves trumps any concern for your pals, buddies, and cronies. It is a mitzva to name the predator, and you are a heretic for abusing the Torah and its Laws to protect an alleged pederast. Even an ALLEGED PEDERAST must be publicized. Maybe you should start fasting now to do teshuva because one day ain't enough for you.

Of course anyone smart enough like myself can tell he's guilty because no one took the opportunity to go on the record when approached by reporters to DENY the allegations. If someone accused me of such a heinous crime I would be screaming into every news and TV camera I could find. Because I am innocent of such vile acts. But guilty people always scurry away like dirty mice because you can't hide this type of guilt.

Any idiot friend of his that comes on here and can't believe it, well, you're a moron. Believe it. We all know the nice rebbe in YSV who was thrown out after he admitted to his vile acts and he was the LAST person anyone would suspect in a MILLION years.

ZERO TOLERANCE.

Aug 02, 2011 at 12:22 AM shredready Says:

a-giten Says:

Do you understand this???? Me not!!!

Now let's go cry on tisha b'av w/o a guilty concious.

sadly it is people like you in the community that molesters get away with molesting

if no one says anything if no one wants to talk and if the police cannot ask if there is more victims how is a molester ever going to be prosecuted

you thinking will make it impossible

the same logic and thinking allowed Kolco and mondrowitz to molest for many many years.

Aug 02, 2011 at 12:27 AM Kosher Jew II Says:

Reply to 59:
Obviously you didn't get my point, I wasn't trying to make him guilty, I was trying to make a point about people that KNOW others, your never know anybody's thinking or mind set.

Aug 02, 2011 at 12:28 AM shredready Says:

a-giten Says:

Do you understand this???? Me not!!!

Now let's go cry on tisha b'av w/o a guilty concious.

the accusers are a frum family

why are people so inclined to believe that a frum family knowing the repercussions of reporting and the stigma of being a molester, would lie about something like this.

it amazes me that people will say how can we believe such a thing about a frum yid

yet at the same time say a frum yid is willing to lie and destroy a person life with false accusation. Why is that more believable?

In addition less than 4% of abuse accusation turn out to be false in the secular world. And because what I mentioned I can assure you it is much smaller in the frum world.
unless you stay with someone 24/7 you cannot say I know him or her (in rare case) and they could not have done that

that is said about almost all molesters gentle Jew yid

Aug 02, 2011 at 12:34 AM shredready Says:

miri Says:

so you must know his brother is a registered levet 2 molester do you?

Aug 02, 2011 at 12:41 AM shredready Says:

miri Says:

I know a da who deal with abuse case.

She told me abuse case are the one crimes they are very careful before they arrest or issue a warrant for the person arrest.

The reason is simple as opposed to almost any other crimes the mere accusation of child abuse/molestation can ruin a person reputation forever. even if found not guilty and even after an arrest the charges are dropped.

therefore when an arrest is made there is usually significant evidence and or they did question the accuser thoroughly before they arrest.

sadly, I think many who comment here think it is very easy to have someone arrested for molestation. Some think all that is needed a parent says my kid was molested by so and so and the police just go and arrest

that is not what happens they do an investigation before they arrest, since they do know the accuser will suffer even in found not guilty

Aug 02, 2011 at 12:42 AM JackC Says:

Track5 Says:

What makes you think that there is effective "help?"

Aug 02, 2011 at 12:45 AM shredreadyI Says:

esther Says:

I just think they guy is making a statement that a molester can and does look like one of us

most molester abuse their own, and most molester are know to their victim before a anything tales place

the cases of strangers are rare

Aug 02, 2011 at 04:24 AM 123 Says:

emes01 Says:

You obviously don't remember the story in Israel where 2 arabs were arrested after a child said that they had abused him and it was discovered to be a false story. If he is found innocent which i sure hope he will you and all your fellow commentators will be saying, i said all along he was innocent, just like by the DSK story, where everyone was sure he's guilty and it still can't be proved.

Aug 02, 2011 at 04:59 AM A N Other Says:

Track5 Says:

If - repeat: IF - he is found guilty by a judge and a jury he can "go for help" while he is locked up.

Aug 02, 2011 at 05:14 AM A N Other Says:

InNY Says:

"Did you have a problem when the Name Levi Aron was published all over in every Charedi Jewish newspaper, and news lines like Kol Mevsar??"

Yes, I did - and yes I still have the same problem with the case under discussion now.

What has been happening here on VIN is nothing less than lynching. it is true that the suspects have not lost their lives - but they (and their families) are losing their reputations and their chances for a fair trial.

But the pursuit of צדק ומשפט הוגן mean nothing to you bloodthirsty jackals. You piously hide behind your ספרי קודש and continue to ignore real and tangible מוסר ומידות.

You should all be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. You carry on in your usual blinkered, prejudiced manner - but on יום כיפור you will all hypocritically beat your breasts and daven על חטא שחטאנו

Frankly, you disgust me.

Aug 02, 2011 at 05:17 AM Anonymous Says:

is he related to Chaim?

What does it matter - to you, or to anyone else? Why drag "Chaim", whoever he is, into this עסק ביש ומבייש?

Aug 02, 2011 at 06:31 AM qazxc Says:

ploiny Says:

I am sure VIN will let us know if he is found not guilty, so you can stop worrying about his reputation and use your time and energy to educate yourself about accusations of child sexual abuse and how rare it is for a child to invent such allegations.

Speaking of education, you might want to get some before you attempt to write in defense of anyone.

The obviously orchestrated barage of barely comprehendable testimonials to this man's character constitute a proud display of community wide inability to recognise the existance of evil and perversion amongst its membership.

By the way, to all his life-long friends posting accolades to his piety - there is no reason to mention your life-long aquintenceship with the accused. The 'style' of your 'writing'plainly informs the vast majority of the VIN - reading public that you attended the same educational institutions as the suspect.

Aug 02, 2011 at 06:34 AM qazxc Says:

Does he have any defenders who can write in English? I'd love to know what they are writing about him..

Aug 02, 2011 at 06:37 AM qazxc Says:

esther Says:

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Aug 02, 2011 at 08:02 AM Anonymous Says:

Why we RIGHTFULLY assume he is guilty Says:

That's a good enough reason.

The CHAZAKA is that they are guilty.

I have news for you. Statistics does NOT create chazakah.

I want to eradicate molestation as much as you. But your numbers game does work as you want it to.

Aug 02, 2011 at 08:41 AM thewillyguy Says:

If some one was reported doesn't.Mean he is quilty then
his picture doesn't Have to be published. But the other ones that me know and didn't report those need to be published to the public to know and watch out.

Aug 02, 2011 at 09:17 AM emes01 Says:

123 Says:

DSK is a poor example as he likely did abuse that woman but it will be hard to get a criminal conviction. He is still a predator and I wouldn't want to see him in a Bais Yaakov wandering around.

Aug 02, 2011 at 10:18 AM Anonymous Says:

shredready Says:

so you must know his brother is a registered levet 2 molester do you?

what does "levet" mean?

And what does his brother being anything have to do with anything?

Aug 02, 2011 at 10:20 AM Anonymous Says:

qazxc Says:

I am sure it will be a big help if VIN will say he was innocent if all this was in error. It will really help his reputation. Just like the newspaper that just reported that someone was sitting in jail for such charges, when in fact he was released when it was proven that his accusers made up the story after trying to coerce money.

Aug 02, 2011 at 10:29 AM Anonymous Says:

shredready Says:

I know a da who deal with abuse case.

You made a comment before that "his brother is a registered levet 2 molester " (sic). if that is proof, then your "knowing da" (sic) wouldmean that you are guilty of such a crime. Certainly because you are using such relationships of proof, you are speaking from personal experience.

An uneducated loner who keeps a pet to lure children and is preoccupied with little children? Who supprots nazi phiolosophy? Who values animals more the humas? A prototypical case of a molester. I am sure all would think it would be worthwhile for the moderators to turn in your address to Shomrim so they can keep under close watch, or turn you in.

Aug 02, 2011 at 10:34 AM Anonymous Says:

shredready Says:

I know a da who deal with abuse case.

It would be wise to speak to children and warn them to be leery and carefull if they see this person. However, just to prattle and talk about this person has no purpose and is no mitzvah.

And he is certainly entitiled to have to defenders if they believe him to be innocent, it has happened more than once that false accussations have been made.

Aug 02, 2011 at 10:59 AM Shaul in Monsey Says:

qazxc Says:

Great point Q. I would merely add that I could care less if this guy Dym delivered every box of tomche shabbos on foot, this guy is a nobody and there is no cadre of thieves hiding in the background "framing" him. Dym is a good description for his and his supporter's intelligence level. The Dymwits.

To all his buddies, unless you spent 24/7/365 with this vile beast you only know what he wants you to know. The evidence will prove his guilt, 100 tisha bavs won't help him or you, because denying this type of act only perpetuates it. So thanks for being meakeiv the geulah and protecting and defending the most vile drek that yiddishkeit has produced.

To Dym's parents: Do your kid a favor - get him into prison where he cannot hurt anymore, spiritually kill anymore. Do the right thing. Our children are more important for the greater good - so cooperate with the police. Sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the guilt of knowing you raised a pederast.

Aug 02, 2011 at 11:20 AM Anonymous Says:

Fightillend Says:

Nothing has been been proven yet, but we need to protect our kids proactively. Did you have the same comment about his brother before the brother went to jail? Are there any more brothers living in Monsey?

Aug 02, 2011 at 11:59 AM Moishe Says:

Shaul in Monsey Says:

I disagree - I think that "Kabdeiu Vechashdeiu" applies here until proven either way. I think the the system will do a great job here - since even if it's true - and they can't find sufficient evidence, He'll have paid a price with the neg media attention and ppl will still be wary around him. And if he really is innocent well..."Loikin al lo toivo hashemio".

Aug 02, 2011 at 01:04 PM Meshigah Says:

Shaul in Monsey Says:

Hi Shaul from Monsey
All I can wish to you is that such a bilbul should be on one of your children and we will see if you would like when someone talks to you like this.
Good Luck

Aug 02, 2011 at 01:32 PM Shaul in Monsey Says:

Meshigah Says:

Hi Shaul from Monsey
Good Luck

The truth hurts but it must be said. Wake up! This guy is a sexual predator of 10 YEAR OLDS. We don't need more Dyms running around plain and simple. Am I sorry the guy is not a talmud chachum and real Jew? Sure. But as a pederast my kids and the community's kids must come before him. He will be allowed visitors in jail and plenty of kosher food and minyonim - he just won't be able to rape anymore ten year olds.

Aug 02, 2011 at 02:24 PM qazxc Says:

Meshigah Says:

Hi Shaul from Monsey
Good Luck

I don't know about Shaul in Monsey, but c"v it was the child of 'that person' I'd have rendered him harmless after the first incident.

Aug 02, 2011 at 05:10 PM ChofetsChaimYid Says:

inNY Says:

Yossi, when was the last time you opened up the Seifer Chofitz Chaim??

I learn Chofets Chaim every day!
Its osir to testify a yid when u dodn't know it from a trusted source, who saw the story.
If your competition will go tomorrow to police and arrest u for doing this and this, do u want that VIN should publicized it, and everybody should believe it ???
i dont think that this is the Tshuve that we should take out from the tragic story of Leibi !!!

Aug 02, 2011 at 10:40 PM qazxc Says:

ChofetsChaimYid Says:

I learn Chofets Chaim every day!

You invoke the name of a murdered shild to argue AGAINST exposing people who kill children????

You menuval!!!!

Aug 02, 2011 at 11:36 PM Shaul in Monsey Says:

qazxc Says:

No doubt a good castration of the entire family could have prevented a slew of destroyed lives. Unrealistic if not a good idea in any event.

Every act of abuse perpetrated against an innocent child is an act of war against every right minded Torah living Jew. But for motivation there is absolutely no difference between a vest-strapped arab blowing up Sbarros and a Dym raping a defenseless boy. Arabs use bombs and at least have the courage of their convictions. Abusers use deceit, lies and the shield of loshoin hoirah oy vey to perpetrate their attacks. A terrorist is a terrorist. Both kill, it's just a matter of when kaddish is said - a bomb victim right away, and in the case of abuse nebech the death is a long hard painful living death. Do your learning. Misplaced rachmonis is a sin and I have none - zero - nada - not a drop for the arrested pederast.

Aug 02, 2011 at 11:51 PM Shaul in Monsey Says:

ChofetsChaimYid Says:

I learn Chofets Chaim every day!

The Chofetz Chaim rolled over in his grave and vomited from your post.

It is a mitzva to testify against a pederast.

Who are you James Bond? You have "competition?" Enemies? IS this a movie or real life?

When you have DSK's money you'll have people making up stories. No one makes up stories against a nobody. The Ramapo Police are smarter than you are. They know full well an accusation like this could destroy an innocent person and if you think they make arrests like candy you are just a simpleminded fool. If you think his "enemies" convinced two ten year olds to lie well enough to fool professionals then get psychiatric help for your paranoia and please leave the faith while you are at it we don't more idiots we have our fair share.

Aug 03, 2011 at 01:21 PM marcia Says:

Sounds like you want to punish the key.

LOL!

Aug 03, 2011 at 01:52 PM marcia Says:

justice Says:

Justice....in the end, after all is reread and discussed by prophets and educators, the heart, mind and common sense that Hashem gifted us with, is the same as His word. It is within us all to do the right thing, maybe not the popular or safe decision to make, but the truth!

Aug 03, 2011 at 01:52 PM 789456 Says:

Shaul in Monsey Says:

The Chofetz Chaim rolled over in his grave and vomited from your post.

It is a mitzva to testify against a pederast.

wow i feel bad for ppl like you. you obv dnt knw what good cop and bad cop is and you dnt knw what your talking about! let me tell you somethin im involved with this case very closly and my dads part of the rampo police and its a little more then you think it is and yes ppl get there kids to lie to ruin peoples name and yes rampo police arent god and do mistakes! hope your ready to ask mechela from shmuel m dym when the truth is reavealed in court.. or mayb u wnt and ull have to take it up with god when he wants to send you back down to this world!