Welcome, Guest! - or
Easy to remember!  »  VinNews.com

Monsey - Fire Evacuates Adult Home

Published on: November 1, 2005 04:31 PM
Change text size Text Size  

MONSEY—The New Monsey Park Home for Adults was evacuated after a fire started in a first-floor bathroom.

The Monsey Fire Department was called to the adult home on Monsey Boulevard about 6 a.m. for a fire in Room 235.

The fire started in the motor of a bathroom fan. The fan fell onto the toilet, melting the tank and bowl. The fire also extended into the ceiling.

Residents and staff at the home were evacuated for an hour while about 20 volunteer firefighters extinguished the fire.

The fire was deemed accidental.



More of today's headlines

Borough Park, Brooklyn +Fire In Satmar Synagogue+ A fire at the cockloft of the Synagogue at 1350 53rd St... Brooklyn +Four Car MVA+ A four auto MVA on 18th Ave and East 7th and Ocean Parkway, Hatzolah requested...

 

Total0

Read Comments (0)  —  Post Yours »

1

Sign-in to post a comment

Click here to sign-in.

Scroll Up
Advertisements:
Sell your scrap gold and broken jewelry and earn hard cash sell gold today!