Chicago, IL - Obama Supporters New 'Meshigas' Change Their Own Names To Hussein

Published on: June 28, 2008 10:14 PM
By: NY Times

Chicago, IL - A growing band of supporters of Senator Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, are expressing solidarity with him by informally adopting his middle name.

The result is a group of unlikely-sounding Husseins: Jewish and Catholic, Hispanic and Asian and Italian-American, from Jaime Hussein Alvarez of Washington, D.C., to Kelly Hussein Crowley of Norman, Okla., to Sarah Beth Hussein Frumkin of Chicago.

Some Obama supporters say they were moved to action because of what their own friends, neighbors and relatives were saying about their candidate. Mark Elrod, a political science professor at Harding University in Searcy, Ark., is organizing students and friends to declare their Husseinhood on Facebook on Aug. 4, Mr. Obama’s birthday.

New Brunswick, NJ - The congregations of the two synagogues hit by vandalism at Poile Zedek Cemetery nearly six months ago will hold a rededication ceremony at the Joyce... Ramapo, NY - A County Court judge rejected a prosecution request to issue an order of protection for a woman embroiled in a five-year battle over a Ramapo house. The...

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:32 PM Anonymous Says:

This story is not to be believed.

Jun 28, 2008 at 11:40 PM crazelte payes Says:

So sad that a Jewish woman would have so Little brains

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:17 AM Anonymous Says:

And how is this different from ten thousand Chassidim naming their sons Yoel, exactly?

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:43 AM Anonymous Says:

12:17, what a stupid non sense comment.

Jun 29, 2008 at 01:07 AM Anonymous Says:

Wait a minute didn't Barack tell jewish retirees in Florida that his name Barack is jewish

Jun 29, 2008 at 01:19 AM Yodea Sefer Says:

OK Here goes "Yodea Hussein Sefer".

Jun 29, 2008 at 01:33 AM Anonymous Says:

Oh, if Obama was dead they would never do it. Never! These libs live for one more day.

Jun 29, 2008 at 01:35 AM an outraged Jew Says:

I am not sure what your question about Yole is, yoel was a Rebbe, Obama is a black Muslim jew hater, just becuase he talks the talk, dosent mean anything.
he defiantly dosent walk the walk, talk is cheap, he will say anything just to get in and its sad that people listen to his trash, and that jew would add Hussain to their name,insane is more like it.

Jun 29, 2008 at 02:22 AM Anonymous Says:

Just like Iran had (and still has) its Kho-maniacs, the U.S. has its Huss-aniacs.

Jun 29, 2008 at 04:35 AM Anonymous Says:

Is this REALLY someone we can see as the President of our great nation!!!!

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

These statements indicate conflicts that most children never have to face. This is a man with issues that bear on his personality, his decisions and his world view.

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspec t that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

But the most telling is from his book:

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Jun 29, 2008 at 07:55 AM Zoltan Says:

I think and hope in November Barack will be changing his first name...to PRESIDENT.

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:35 AM Anonymous Says:

Being Mispallel is the ONLY thing that could spare us "tzores"!

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:05 PM moishe kapoyer Says:

looks like these people are "insane " not hussein. hashem yishmor if he wins he can change the "face" of this country like hitler yemach shmo.

Jun 29, 2008 at 08:11 PM murray Says:

Just the fact that he MIGHT win- this will cause there to be a very small window of opportunity for Israel to pre-emptively attack Iran
, that is to say while there still is a "friendly" ( or friendlier) White House. Israel recognizes that in general they have always faired better during American Republican regimes, and this time around the difference in the candidate's views on the middle east (regardless of speeches that sound great at AAIPAC) are more strikingly different than ever.

Jun 30, 2008 at 08:51 AM Matzahlocal101 Says:

How ironic. We spend billions to depose one Hussein, and then we might actually elect another one to our own whitehouse. The question is indeed:
"Whose sane"?

This is a little like the first gulf war when the Israelis named their kids nachman after broadcaster nachman shai. The Arabs named their kids Hussein after Saddam, and the Falashas named their kids Schwartkopf after the general.

Jun 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM avi Says:

anon 12:17: R'L! You idiot! you compare the hailiger Rebbe ZTVK"L to an anti semite!! Think before you hit the submit button!

Jun 30, 2008 at 01:49 PM Charles B. Hall Says:

Murray,

Some Republicans have been pretty bad for Israel. Are you old enough to remember Eisenhower openly supporting Egypt in the Suez War in 1956? And can anyone forget James Baker (today a big McCain supporter) in 1991-1992 during the administration of the first Bush?

I can't find much difference between Obama's and McCain's positions. Both support Land for Peace and a Palestinian State.