Welcome, Guest! - or
Easy to remember!  »  VinNews.com

Washington - Nuremberg Prosecutor Gives $1 Million To Holocaust Museum

Published on: August 31, 2016 06:28 PM
By: AP
Change text size Text Size  

Washington - The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum says the last surviving prosecutor of the Nuremberg trials has donated $1 million to the museum’s genocide prevention center.

Advertisement:

The museum announced Wednesday that Ben Ferencz will donate $1 million to the Simon-Skjodt Center for the Prevention of Genocide. The annual gift is renewable for up to $10 million.

Now 96 and living in Delray Beach, Florida, Ferencz was the chief U.S. prosecutor in the Einsatzgruppen case, which tried 22 leaders of the killing units of the Nazis’ SS troops.

Ferencz has dedicated his life since then to the creation of the International Criminal Court, which could prosecute any government’s leaders for war crimes. The U.S. has not signed on.



More of today's headlines

New York - Authorities are looking into whether sun glare was a factor in an accident in which a ferry departing a pier slammed into a group of kayakers, critically... Paris - France's far-right National Front party leader, Marine Le Pen, voiced support for U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday, saying his...

 

Total1

Read Comments (1)  —  Post Yours »

1

 Aug 31, 2016 at 07:18 PM Hoshomer Says:

Now that's how you make a statement, not by protesting the national anthem. Kudos to him for putting his money where his mouth is. Hopefully, that ingrate quarterback from San Francisco can learn from him.

2

Sign-in to post a comment

Click here to sign-in.

Scroll Up
Advertisements:
Sell your scrap gold and broken jewelry and earn hard cash sell gold today!