Welcome, Guest! - or
Easy to remember!  »  VinNews.com

Washington - Mueller Probing Kushner’s Contacts With Israeli Officials Over Bid To Stop UN Anti-settlement Vote

Published on: November 22, 2017 09:05 AM
By: JTA
Change text size Text Size  
Senior adviser Jared Kushner accompanied by his wife Ivanka Trump, his daughter Arabella and son Joseph participate in the 70th National Thanksgiving turkey pardoning ceremony in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, U.S., November 21, 2017. REUTERS/Carlos Barria Senior adviser Jared Kushner accompanied by his wife Ivanka Trump, his daughter Arabella and son Joseph participate in the 70th National Thanksgiving turkey pardoning ceremony in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, U.S., November 21, 2017. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

Washington - U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigators are questioning Jared Kushner’s contacts with Israeli officials during the presidential transition over a United Nations resolution that condemned Israeli settlement construction.

Advertisement:

The investigators have asked witnesses about the involvement of Kushner, a senior White House adviser and the Jewish son-in-law of President Donald Trump, in discussions with foreign leaders in an attempt to block the UN Security Council resolution which passed 14-0 on Dec. 23, 2016, the Wall Street Journal reported late Tuesday. The United States withheld its veto and abstained from voting on the resolution, which called Israeli settlements “a flagrant violation of international law” that damage the prospects of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The questions have come as part of Mueller’s probe of Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections.

Israeli officials had asked the incoming Trump administration to intervene to help block the Security Council’s late December vote, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Trump discussed the resolution in a phone call with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi, whose government had drafted a version of the resolution, according to the Journal. Following the conversation Egypt called for the vote to be delayed, but the resolution passed a day later.

Israeli officials reached out to Trump transition leaders such as Kushner, as well as chief strategist Steve Bannon, to stop the resolution, the Journal reported citing unnamed people briefed on the discussions.

The sources said that Mueller’s investigators have asked about Kushner’s role in arranging meetings or communication with foreign leaders during the transition, part of his broad mandate to examine issues that come up during the Russia investigation, according to the Journal.

Kushner is being investigated for omitting foreign contacts from his application to obtain a security clearance. He has since updated the form to include more than 100 contacts with more than 20 countries, according to the newspaper, and has not yet received his security clearance.



More of today's headlines

Nassau County, NY - 31 years after his son was brutally murdered in his yeshiva dormitory, the father of the slain teen has finally given his first public interview in... Jerusalem - Hodaya Nehama Asoulin, a 21-year-old resident of Mevo Horon who was critically wounded in a 2011 terror attack in Jerusalem, died Wednesday at Hadassah...

 

Total17

Read Comments (17)  —  Post Yours »

1

 Nov 22, 2017 at 10:07 AM Educated Archy Says:

This muller thing is getting out of hand . Yes for our safety certain hidden back channel discussions need to be had . And that's true for our ally Israel . Every Jew should stand up against this muller harassment and demand a stop to this witch hunt immediately. And what this has to do with the ruskies boggles me .

Lest someone ask well why didn't Jared at least disclose it . You know the answer to that . If he discloses it the fat mouth boycott Israel nuts at the failing nyt would make a tzimus about this . It was a safety issue and this should disturb all Jews . Time to dump muller

2

 Nov 22, 2017 at 10:36 AM JaredKusherIzSorosPartner Says:

How can a TRump confidant, adviser and son-in-law

and be so involved with international matters

yet still doesn't have a security clearance?

Because of his blatant lying and perjury on federal forms?

Or because of his financial ties to George Soros?

That could be treasonous!

That is YUGE!!!

Believe me.

3

 Nov 22, 2017 at 10:51 AM Anonymous Says:

Reply to #1  
Educated Archy Says:

This muller thing is getting out of hand . Yes for our safety certain hidden back channel discussions need to be had . And that's true for our ally Israel . Every Jew should stand up against this muller harassment and demand a stop to this witch hunt immediately. And what this has to do with the ruskies boggles me .

Lest someone ask well why didn't Jared at least disclose it . You know the answer to that . If he discloses it the fat mouth boycott Israel nuts at the failing nyt would make a tzimus about this . It was a safety issue and this should disturb all Jews . Time to dump muller

"Backchannel" contacts may be appropriate between government officials and their appointed agents, but not to a president-elect not yet in office and his family.

That's pretty basic. Recently a British governmental official resigned over unauthorized contacts she had with foreign officials...and she was in government.

I rarely comment here, but I read your posts frequently, and with growing annoyance. Your know it all hubris is really quite something.

4

 Nov 22, 2017 at 10:52 AM Phineas Says:

Reply to #1  
Educated Archy Says:

This muller thing is getting out of hand . Yes for our safety certain hidden back channel discussions need to be had . And that's true for our ally Israel . Every Jew should stand up against this muller harassment and demand a stop to this witch hunt immediately. And what this has to do with the ruskies boggles me .

Lest someone ask well why didn't Jared at least disclose it . You know the answer to that . If he discloses it the fat mouth boycott Israel nuts at the failing nyt would make a tzimus about this . It was a safety issue and this should disturb all Jews . Time to dump muller

no, you don't get to set up back channels outside of the U.S. government security apparatus. There is no free lancing, especially by a foreign policy and security novice who has repeatedly demonstrated that he cannot perform these tasks.

5

 Nov 22, 2017 at 11:40 AM Anonymous Says:

Reply to #2  
JaredKusherIzSorosPartner Says:

How can a TRump confidant, adviser and son-in-law

and be so involved with international matters

yet still doesn't have a security clearance?

Because of his blatant lying and perjury on federal forms?

Or because of his financial ties to George Soros?

That could be treasonous!

That is YUGE!!!

Believe me.

Sorry, I don't believe you. Not one, single word.

6

 Nov 22, 2017 at 12:17 PM Educated Archy Says:

Reply to #3  
Anonymous Says:

"Backchannel" contacts may be appropriate between government officials and their appointed agents, but not to a president-elect not yet in office and his family.

That's pretty basic. Recently a British governmental official resigned over unauthorized contacts she had with foreign officials...and she was in government.

I rarely comment here, but I read your posts frequently, and with growing annoyance. Your know it all hubris is really quite something.

As Yossie gestetner from Monsey said on this American life , not everything is the law . Laws have been made in the past to discriminate against Jews too . We have to do what's best for the Jewish people .

You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting the rotten muller on this issue .

And yes I am mad that the English Parliament member was chucked as well

7

 Nov 22, 2017 at 01:11 PM yonasonw Says:

Reply to #5  
Anonymous Says:

Sorry, I don't believe you. Not one, single word.

Truth hurts, eh?

8

 Nov 22, 2017 at 01:18 PM Lawrence M. Reisman Says:

"And what this [Jared Kushner] has to do with the ruskies boggles me. It's the same thing that Monica Lewinsky had to do with Whitewater, which is what Kenneth Starr was originally appointed to investigate. Once a special prosecutor is appointed, he can go wherever he chooses. It's the risk you take.

9

 Nov 22, 2017 at 01:24 PM Phineas Says:

Reply to #6  
Educated Archy Says:

As Yossie gestetner from Monsey said on this American life , not everything is the law . Laws have been made in the past to discriminate against Jews too . We have to do what's best for the Jewish people .

You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting the rotten muller on this issue .

And yes I am mad that the English Parliament member was chucked as well

You should be ashamed of yourself. All in all, it is the law that protects us and Gestetner has no qualifications to decide when the law should be enforced.

10

 Nov 22, 2017 at 01:29 PM Phineas Says:

Reply to #6  
Educated Archy Says:

As Yossie gestetner from Monsey said on this American life , not everything is the law . Laws have been made in the past to discriminate against Jews too . We have to do what's best for the Jewish people .

You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting the rotten muller on this issue .

And yes I am mad that the English Parliament member was chucked as well

Your problem is not that you are unqualified to opine on every day matters, you are unqualified but so are many others. Your problem is that the depth of your ignorance and your inability to be modeh to demonstrable facts make you unable to understand the depths of your ignorance. You think you are being profound but anyone with any ability can see you are hopelessly under-informed.

11

 Nov 22, 2017 at 01:37 PM JaredKusherIzSorosPartner Says:

Reply to #5  
Anonymous Says:

Sorry, I don't believe you. Not one, single word.

Believe me. And the Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, The Hill, JTA and the U.S. Code.

Believe me!

*** and be [so involved with international matters]
>> Business Insider, April 5 '17: Kushner's portfolio includes: Middle East peace, Liaison to China, Liaison to the Muslim community.

*** yet still [doesn't have a security clearance]?
>> Wall Street Journal as reported by JTA, Nov 22: Look at the article!

*** Because of his [blatant lying and perjury on federal forms]?
>> The Hill, May 5 '17: "... which says false statement punishable by imprisonment. Jared Kushner lied on his form." (Since that report, Kushner admitted to more than 100 'omissions' aka 'lies')
>> U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 79 › § 1621

*** Or because of his [financial ties to George Soros?]
>> Wall Street Journal, May 3 '17: "Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, is currently in business with ... and billionaires George Soros ..., according to people familiar with the matter and securities filings."

Kushner is toast. THIS IS YUGE.
Kushner is toast. Believe me!!!

12

 Nov 22, 2017 at 01:52 PM Educated Archy Says:

Reply to #7  
yonasonw Says:

Truth hurts, eh?

Truth needs to be true not fake news . Please provide a source linking kushner to soros . And just because two wealthy men once did business together does not prove they are somehow in bed with each other

13

 Nov 22, 2017 at 02:12 PM Educated Archy Says:

Reply to #10  
Phineas Says:

Your problem is not that you are unqualified to opine on every day matters, you are unqualified but so are many others. Your problem is that the depth of your ignorance and your inability to be modeh to demonstrable facts make you unable to understand the depths of your ignorance. You think you are being profound but anyone with any ability can see you are hopelessly under-informed.

When you resort to degrading others your true colors come out . A classic liberal hypocrite so very sad

14

 Nov 22, 2017 at 03:37 PM Educated Archy Says:

Reply to #11  
JaredKusherIzSorosPartner Says:

Believe me. And the Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, The Hill, JTA and the U.S. Code.

Believe me!

*** and be [so involved with international matters]
>> Business Insider, April 5 '17: Kushner's portfolio includes: Middle East peace, Liaison to China, Liaison to the Muslim community.

*** yet still [doesn't have a security clearance]?
>> Wall Street Journal as reported by JTA, Nov 22: Look at the article!

*** Because of his [blatant lying and perjury on federal forms]?
>> The Hill, May 5 '17: "... which says false statement punishable by imprisonment. Jared Kushner lied on his form." (Since that report, Kushner admitted to more than 100 'omissions' aka 'lies')
>> U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 79 › § 1621

*** Or because of his [financial ties to George Soros?]
>> Wall Street Journal, May 3 '17: "Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, is currently in business with ... and billionaires George Soros ..., according to people familiar with the matter and securities filings."

Kushner is toast. THIS IS YUGE.
Kushner is toast. Believe me!!!

I read the same wsj article you did. Yes Kushner did business with all. But just because a Kushner entity whom Jared is not even the sole owner has one of many that they did business with as Soros does not make Soros a partner as you claim.

Despite the words that you put in caps. No its not YUGE. Keep on dreamin because Jared ain't going anywhere despite your hyper comments.

15

 Nov 22, 2017 at 05:46 PM Anonymous Says:

Please continue reading. 250000000 That is the amount George Soros invested with Kushner. 250.000.000 is HUGE. ( I hope he is not going to sit, he is a Yid)

16

 Nov 22, 2017 at 06:03 PM Educated Archy Says:

Reply to #15  
Anonymous Says:

Please continue reading. 250000000 That is the amount George Soros invested with Kushner. 250.000.000 is HUGE. ( I hope he is not going to sit, he is a Yid)

Nope not Huge at all . These businesses deal with billions . 250 is money but not huge .

17

 Nov 22, 2017 at 06:39 PM yonasonw Says:

Reply to #6  
Educated Archy Says:

As Yossie gestetner from Monsey said on this American life , not everything is the law . Laws have been made in the past to discriminate against Jews too . We have to do what's best for the Jewish people .

You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting the rotten muller on this issue .

And yes I am mad that the English Parliament member was chucked as well

#3 has you dead to rights - a hubris filled ignorant know it all.

18

Sign-in to post a comment

Click here to sign-in.

Scroll Up
Advertisements:
Sell your scrap gold and broken jewelry and earn hard cash sell gold today!