Gaza City - Hamas Calls US Ambassador David Friedman 'racist,’ Says All Ties Should Be Cut With Dc

Published on: December 31, 2017 08:25 PM
By: Jerusalem Post
FILE - David Friedman, the United States Ambassador to Israel, speaks during a reception marking U.S Independence Day held at the residence of new U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, in Herzliya, Israel July 3, 2017. REUTERS/Heidi Levin/PooFILE - David Friedman, the United States Ambassador to Israel, speaks during a reception marking U.S Independence Day held at the residence of new U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, in Herzliya, Israel July 3, 2017. REUTERS/Heidi Levin/Poo

Gaza City - The Palestinians should cut off all ties with the United States because of “racist” and “ignorant” comments US Ambassador David Friedman made to The Jerusalem Post last week, Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said on Saturday.

Friedman, a driving force behind US President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and move the embassy there from Tel Aviv, told the Post that while the Palestinians’ angry reaction was expected, “We were disappointed with some of the rhetoric, which was ugly, needlessly provocative and antisemitic.”

“As we go forward,” he added, “this has to change.”

Barhoum said that Friedman’s statements reflected “the ambassador’s racism, ignorance and contempt for Palestinian rights and international law. He is affirming, in this policy, that they are partners to the occupation in all of its crimes against our people and its holy sites.”

According to the Hamas spokesman, the statements “are sufficient to justify an official Palestinian declaration of cutting ties with the American administration and ending Oslo.” He said the time has come to end the Oslo process, which, he said, “has led to the relinquishment of Palestinian rights and reinforcement of the Israeli occupation.”

The is not the first time that the Palestinians have lambasted Friedman. For instance, in September, the Palestinians were furious when Friedman said in another interview that the settlements are “only occupying 2% of the West Bank,” and that he sees the settlements as as part of Israel.

Nabil Shaath, a senior advisor to President Mahmoud Abbas, called Friedman at the time “this alleged ambassador of the United States” and said he “has absolute ignorance of facts of law of the position of the United States.”

Punta Islita, Costa Rica - Five members of a Jewish family from Scarsdale, New York are believed to be among the 12 people who died today in a fiery Costa Rican plane... Jerusalem - Surgeons at Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center have successfully operated on a two-month-old baby born with a very rare defect in which his jaws were fused...

Dec 31, 2017 at 08:57 PM Anonymous Says:

Ho hum. A wild animal came out of the jungle, learned how to talk. Israel has never invested itself in persecuting Palestinians. Israel just wants to be safe, and these bloodthirsty savages won't allow that. These are uncivilized subhumans who just want to take everything for themselves. They talk about Palestine as if it is an existing country. These Arabs use their desire to take away from Israel as a justification to commit terror and murder. No amount of talking will ever result in anything. I haven't a care in the world what Hamas says. They bark like dogs and squeal like pigs. If they want to attack me, I will have the right to protect myself, and eliminate them. Our news sites should pay no attention to them.

Dec 31, 2017 at 09:30 PM LOL Says:

Yasmar and Hashomer's people are hysterical.

Dec 31, 2017 at 10:36 PM yamsar Says:

LOL Says:

Yasmar and Hashomer's people are hysterical.

Based in Hashomer’s post it’s safe to say he’s a militant Zionist, so I’m not sure why you think his opinion here is any different than your’s. As for myself, I’m not sure what this has to do with me or any of my opinions.

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:12 PM HankM Says:

These worthless imbeciles haven't figured out that they're quickly losing relevance

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:32 PM Educated Archy Says:

yamsar Says:

All I can say is I hope you pray that these beasts get smitten with yena machlas

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:32 PM Educated Archy Says:

Two thumbs up. Well said. Can VIN add a like button please?

Jan 01, 2018 at 01:57 PM HMMM Says:

yamsar Says:

Looks like Yamsar and Hashomer are one of the same.

Jan 01, 2018 at 06:20 PM Heeb Says:

They should be encouraged to cut ties with the us... Then we will be left alone from the vermin and the parasites