New York, NY - City Gets Wireless Water Meters

Published on: March 24, 2009 03:55 PM
By: AP

New York, NY - The City is installing wireless water meter readers.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced today that all 826,000 meters will be installed by 2011, ending the practice of estimated water bills.

The meters will send readings every six hours to a network of rooftop receivers throughout the city.

The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) will then be able to bill property owners every month with their exact water usage. Eventually the usage information will be available online.

Currently, bills are based on estimates, and sent every three months.

Sharon, MA - A Massachusetts man has admitted to stealing a painting that a neighbor's family had smuggled out of Europe after it was damaged by German Nazis. Steven... Chicago, IL - A Jordanian national charged last week with making a bomb threat against a Jewish school in December will be released on $50,000 bond, a federal judge...

Mar 24, 2009 at 03:00 PM ali Says:

here is a letter sent to Mayor Bloomberg:
Dear Mayor,
I hate NYC!!! I have been living here my whole life. I work very hard to provide for my family. I am not lazy I am not on Food Stamps I pay for my own health care . I hate this city! I get hounded with these astronomical tickets from these horrible ticket agents! I have to pay these damned tolls for almost every tunnel or bridge I need to take. Now I hear that you are raising the buses and trains and tolls! why would anyone in their right mind want to live here?? Alternate side parking?? thats a joke !! it is only a way to screw the hard working people of this city it takes exactly one minute to clean a block and we have to move the car for a hour and a half?? stupidity I say, with all the technology we can fly man to the moon but you cant figure out the time the cleaning truck comes down my block?? I hate NYC . thank you

Mar 24, 2009 at 03:30 PM Anonymous Says:

ali Says:

here is a letter sent to Mayor Bloomberg:
Dear Mayor,

By the time the Obama agenda will be in place you won't want to live in the good old USA

Mar 24, 2009 at 04:07 PM The Truth Says:

ali Says:

here is a letter sent to Mayor Bloomberg:
Dear Mayor,

You know you love NYC so much or you would have moved out long ago!

Mar 24, 2009 at 03:57 PM Anonymous Says:

ali Says:

here is a letter sent to Mayor Bloomberg:
Dear Mayor,

I live in NYC and also travel throughout the world...there is no other major city I would rather live in. I suggest you move elsewhere and stop whining!

Mar 24, 2009 at 04:13 PM Remote Water Turn-Off Says:

Next will be radio a remote control to turn off your water if you don't pay your bill on time.

Mar 24, 2009 at 04:34 PM A Says:

What is the cost of upgrading to these wireless water meters? At a time when the city claims it's coffers are empty and taxes, tolls, and public transportation fares are being raised how can the city afford to make these 'improvements'?

Mar 24, 2009 at 05:01 PM Yosele Pondrek Says:

A Says:

These meters are tamper-proof so you can't steal the water any more. Next is the Gas, Electric and air!

Mar 24, 2009 at 04:59 PM Proud New Yorker Says:

I LOVE NEW YORK! if I continue to repeat it over and over then I may start to believe it.

Mar 24, 2009 at 04:57 PM New Jerseyite Says:

Come to New Jersey. Our people are not as rude as loud New Yorkers.

Mar 24, 2009 at 06:09 PM love ny Says:

reply to #1
If u hate nyc sooo much, why don't you move? I guess you must be out of your right mind (to quote your own words)!

Mar 24, 2009 at 06:33 PM boroparker Says:

There is absolutely nothing to love about New York. The weather is lousy all year except for a day here and a day there. The people are always in a hurry to go nowhere, but they're still in a hurry. There is garbage overflowing everywhere, in the street on the sidewalks. The place just stinks! Most of the NY people are rude and nasty. New yorkers don't know how to drive and they park like behaimos on a cattle farm, on top of each other, double park, triple park......mooooooooooooooo.

Mar 24, 2009 at 07:54 PM Shmeel on Avenue L Says:

Yosele Pondrek Says:

Mar 24, 2009 at 07:33 PM Anonymous Says:

ali Says:

here is a letter sent to Mayor Bloomberg:
Dear Mayor,

Park legal and you won't get hounded by the ticket gents

Mar 24, 2009 at 07:30 PM Anonymous Says:

boroparker Says:

And you still live here. Go figure!

Mar 24, 2009 at 08:27 PM boroparker Says:

And you still live here. Go figure!

I should say former boroparker. I left NY 48 years ago B"H.

Mar 24, 2009 at 08:32 PM Yosele Pondrek Says:

Shmeel on Avenue L Says:

Reply to #12 Hide Quote
Shmeel on Avenue L Says: Says:

“ Mr. Milhouse, you changed your name.....You don't fool me. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. ”

Bad guess Shmeel! I'm not Milhouse. Sorry. Now don't you feel stupid?
P.S. From the way Milhouse spells certain words I would guess he's from the UK.

Mar 24, 2009 at 08:47 PM Anonymous Says:

Yosele Pondrek Says:

Reply to #12 Hide Quote
Shmeel on Avenue L Says: Says:

Bad guess Shmeel! I'm not Milhouse. Sorry. Now don't you feel stupid?
P.S. From the way Milhouse spells certain words I would guess he's from the UK.

Milhouse Rocks.

Mar 24, 2009 at 08:44 PM Shmeel on Avenue L Says:

Yosele Pondrek Says:

Reply to #12 Hide Quote
Shmeel on Avenue L Says: Says:

Bad guess Shmeel! I'm not Milhouse. Sorry. Now don't you feel stupid?
P.S. From the way Milhouse spells certain words I would guess he's from the UK.

He's from BP and based on his logic he was born there and never left except for summer camp in Liberty.