Brooklyn, NY - Hikind Investigating Abuse Allegations Against Noted BP Doctor, Asks Victims To Come Forward

Published on: July 9, 2018 03:51 PM

Brooklyn, NY - Allegations of possible improprieties have surfaced against a Borough Park doctor, according to an elected official from Brooklyn.

Assemblyman Dov Hikind took to Twitter this morning to announce that his office is looking into possible instances of abuse perpetuated by “a prominent Boro Park doctor.”

Hikind said that he first began researching the matter after being contacted by two separate people and has spoken with a number of potential victims in alleged instances that took place as far back as approximately ten years ago.  All of the reported incidents involve the same physician who Hikind declined to identify at this time.

Since his tweet was posted this morning, several other people have reached out to his office, said Hikind, who hopes others who have been abused will follow suit.

“We need to get the message out there,” Hikind told VIN News.  “People need to know that if something inappropriate happened to them they can’t and they shouldn’t run away.  You can’t just turn your back on what happened to you because it is going to happen to someone else. This has been going on for so many years and we cannot let this go on any more.”

Hikind said he plans to continue looking into this matter, and any others, even if it extends past the end of his final term in office.

“I am committed to this for years ahead,” said Hikind.  “If anyone thinks that after January 1st I will not be around, they are very sadly mistaken. I will be around even more than ever and, as always, I continue protecting the privacy of anyone who reaches out to me.”

The assemblyman is asking anyone with firsthand information of any improprieties to contact his office at hikindnews@gmail.com or at 718-853-9616.  All names and information will be kept strictly confidential.

San Diego - At least 50 immigrant children under age 5 will be released with their parents by Tuesday's court-ordered deadline for the Trump administration to reunify... Washington - President Donald Trump has decided on his Supreme Court nominee, a person with knowledge of the situation revealed Monday, hours before a prime-time TV...

Jul 09, 2018 at 04:49 PM Anonymous Says:

HOW on earth can anyone 'come forward' when said perpetrator's name is being withheld?? the abuser is being protected. as usual. by the frimeh

Jul 09, 2018 at 04:57 PM Anonymous Says:

we don't know that its true yet. These are only allegations. You can't drag someone thru the mud till you have proof. It has nothing to do with being frum Its comon decency.

Re how you come foward? very simple. if you use a BP dr ask your kids. Doesn't matter which one

Jul 09, 2018 at 05:06 PM Anonymous Says:

Who said it is a pediatrician? It might be an OB or even a general practice physician

Jul 09, 2018 at 06:06 PM Normandavid1 Says:

Dov Hikind is not the police if something happened the police should investigate not Dov Hikind. Let him find a full time job!

Jul 09, 2018 at 06:08 PM Go-go Says:

Whoever needs to know who it is knows who it is. Its a regular adult doctor.

Whoever is on imamother has a thread there about it and facebook as well.

Jul 09, 2018 at 06:20 PM Anonymous Says:

And why is he called prominent when all he is is a pervert...cuz I am one of his victims...as well as others I know.

Jul 09, 2018 at 06:23 PM Anonymous Says:

He wont be protected for long. It was on facebook with his name. And if you were a victim of any Dr. You should report it...and those who are aware of who Dov Hikind is talking about...are aware...as I am.

Jul 09, 2018 at 06:24 PM Anonymous Says:

Its absolutely true.. no question.

Jul 09, 2018 at 06:26 PM Anonymous Says:

General practitioner..And its all true.

Jul 09, 2018 at 06:46 PM Anonymous Says:

A nurse took my rectal temp 30 years ago and I never got over it

Jul 09, 2018 at 11:59 PM name & shame Says:

A nurse took my rectal temp 30 years ago and I never got over it

Not funny. Abuse is NOT a joke. Imagine if it was YOUR spouse/child/grandchild/SELF who was a victim - would you be laughing then? VIN, why did you allow this comment to go through?

As for naming this doctor - is he still seeing patients? If so, the public has a right to know who he is, because not everyone is on these groups. His name should be everywhere.

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:02 AM Anonymous Says:

Have you made a report with either law enforcement or Hikind’s office? If not, I urge you and your friends to do so.

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:34 AM Hashtagmetoo Says:

For those of us who unfortunately have been exploited by this doctor don't need to see the name in print. It's been nearly 10 years since I've been this doctor's patient, but the moment I saw this news item, I was positive I knew who this was referring to.
My taaneh is against the rabbi who I spoke to about it, who happens to be a friend of his. The rabbi's response to me was that I wouldn't be able to prove in court that it wasn't consensual, or that I didn't instigate it. This pained me more than all the shame and stalking I was subjected to.

Jul 10, 2018 at 09:33 AM dumpinouthouse Says:

Uneducated Archy, as usual, putting his know-it-all-knowledge to bad use. Give it a rest already, Trumpanzee!

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:45 AM fineshemker Says:

name & shame Says:

You need to lighten up, the point he/she is making is that it is nuts to bring up 10/20 year old rumors. If the fact is that he was a pig for the past 20 years and WE knew about it and continued to use him then WE share the blame.

PS I did think comment 12 was funny, everyone use rectal temps 30/40 years ago

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:49 AM Anonymous Says:

Hashtagmetoo Says:

Please name the Rabbi!

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:46 PM Anonymous Says:

This story is well known for many years now .
I know there was a stipulation at one point that he cannot treat patients without the presence of a nurse .
The problem is that no one is interested in coming forward , it is just easier to move on . It seems the frum community is the least dangerous place to be a molester .

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:52 PM Dunno Says:

Hashtagmetoo Says:

"The rabbi's response to me was that I wouldn't be able to prove in court that it wasn't consensual, or that I didn't instigate it." I dont get it. He forcefully raped you? In the office? You couldnt get away? If you met him elsewhere, wasnt it consensual?

Jul 10, 2018 at 01:07 PM Anonymous Says:

fineshemker Says:

PS I did think comment 12 was funny, everyone use rectal temps 30/40 years ago

YOU might.... I have no clue who this quack is. And no, being abused is NOT funny. Anyone who can make these statements is as sick & perverted as the doctor.

Jul 10, 2018 at 01:29 PM Dunno Says:

This story is well known for many years now .

Was there ever rape or bad but not anywhere as bad, inappropriate excessive compliments and caressing body parts unnecessarily?

Jul 10, 2018 at 02:00 PM Anonymous Says:

Yup, just checked on FB and that's exactly who I suspected it would be. A female relative who was once a patient of his, has told me what he tried to do to her. So, first hand knowledge, unfortunately.

Jul 10, 2018 at 03:56 PM Dunno Says:

Has he only been accused of touching or the actual "act"? And how in the world can he do the act, unconsensually, in an office with people?

Jul 10, 2018 at 04:11 PM Anonymous Says:

Please urge her to reach out to Hikind. The more first-hand reports he has, the better the chance of shutting this down.

Jul 10, 2018 at 05:06 PM Anonymous Says:

Its definitely true. He touched me inappropriately while giving me a checkup. I was 18 or 19 at the time and now I am 36. So it seems like he's been touching women inappropriately for at least 17-18 years.

Jul 10, 2018 at 05:08 PM Anonymous Says:

Told her already but got the impression she may not do anything about it since it happened long ago. Also, the stigma and shanda in BP is just too much of a deterrent as well, unfortunately.

Jul 10, 2018 at 06:48 PM Anonymous Says:

Did u report him? Or just talking lashin hara?

Jul 10, 2018 at 06:48 PM Anonymous Says:

A nurse took my rectal temp 30 years ago and I never got over it

Lol

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:18 PM Anonymous Says:

Hikind has given assurances that anyone who can only come forward anonymously, their anonymity will be respected. It still helps to have the story.

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:55 PM Anonymous Says:

This story is well known for many years now .

Do you know who was involved in arranging that, and under what circumstances?