New York - Vitaminwater Is Offering $100,000 If You Can Stay Off Smartphones For A Year

Published on: December 14, 2018 01:30 PM

New York - Do you think you could without your smartphone for a whole day? How about a whole year?

Vitamin Water is willing to bet you can’t do it.  CNBC is reporting , that the company unveiled a challenge for 2019 with an award of $100,000 to a person who can go without their smartphone for 365 days.

You can enter the contest by sharing on Instagram or Twitter why you feel you’re up for the challenge, including the hashtags #nophoneforayear and #contest.

Vitamin Water will choose one participant who will trade their smartphone for a 2000’s era calling-only phone.  If the challenger makes it for six months they get $ 10,000, and if they make it for the full year they win a $100,000

The entry period starts Tuesday, December 11 at 8 a.m. ET and ends Tuesday, January 8, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. ET. You can enter up to four times.

Vitamin Water didn’t go into detail about how they’ll monitor the contest but said lie detector tests will be involved.

New York - – The Health Department today published a new illustrated novella about the preparation process and procedure for colonoscopies. The novella, Preparing for... Warsaw - The Warsaw Ghetto Museum should be an ambitious state-of-the art facility —"the major Holocaust museum in Poland" — when it opens in 2023, its newly...

Dec 14, 2018 at 02:16 PM Reb Yid Says:

How will they know that you're not using another phone as well?

Dec 14, 2018 at 02:42 PM bplady Says:

I wish I could apply. However, they are choosing only one person from all the participants, someone who wows them. It would be worthwhile to give up the smart phone for $100,000

Dec 15, 2018 at 09:39 AM PaulinSaudi Says:

I do not even have a smart phone. The one here in the States is a flip-phone. In Saudi I have an old Nokia with no camera. Where do I sign up?

Happy Saturday.

Dec 15, 2018 at 11:39 PM PaulinSaudi Says:

I just had my first Philly cheese steak. Very good. They don't have this back in Saudi.

Happy Sunday.

Dec 16, 2018 at 09:14 AM PaulinSaudi Says:

#4 Is not me. Still, Happy Sunday to my doppelgänger.