New York - Hannity To De Blasio: 'You Drive Me Crazy!' [VIDEO]

Published on: August 8, 2019 11:30 AM
By: AP
Fox News talk show host Sean Hannity, right, interviews Democratic presidential candidate and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio during a taping of his show Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2019, in New York.  (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)Fox News talk show host Sean Hannity, right, interviews Democratic presidential candidate and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio during a taping of his show Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2019, in New York.  (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)

New York - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio sparred, clashed and laughed with Fox News host Sean Hannity on Wednesday when the Democratic presidential hopeful faced the conservative TV titan who has disparaged him for years.

For one hour on cable news’ top-rated show, their raised voices overlapped as they disagreed on taxation of the wealthy, gun control, abortion laws, policing, the environment — and just about everything else.

Hannity summed up the encounter by telling the mayor: “I’m never going to agree with you. You drive me crazy!”

De Blasio is among a wide field of Democrats seeking the nomination to take on Republican President Donald Trump in next year’s election.

Hannity ended the show by jokingly suggesting the two men bet on whether New York public schoolchildren, if asked, would vote for the healthy, vegetarian “Meatless Mondays” de Blasio has announced for this fall — or favorite fast foods Hannity brand-named.

But they also tackled the thorny issues facing Americans that are far from funny.

The host took aim at de Blasio’s vow to “tax the hell out of the wealthy” to address income inequality

“Do you think that my money that I’ve earned and saved is in the wrong hands?” Hannity asked.

The mayor countered: “Do you think right now your viewers feel that it’s OK that the wealthy have as much as they have and pay as little in taxes as they do? Do you think it’s OK that big corporations pay nothing in taxes? Amazon is one.”

De Blasio wants wealthy Americans to pay 70 percent of income in taxes.

Hannity challenged de Blasio to explain why the mayor favors offering tax-funded health care to immigrants in New York City who are in the United States illegally.

“I want everybody who’s here (in New York) to get health care because what’s happening right now? Folks go to the emergency room because they don’t have a doctor, and who’s paying for it? The same taxpayers,” he said.

Hannity has often taken shots at the liberal mayor of the nation’s largest city, dubbing him “comrade de Blasio” and blasting his approach to matters ranging from the economy to Trump.

De Blasio, meanwhile, has criticized Fox News, which he sees as divisive. But the mayor said earlier this week that he would appear on “Hannity” in hopes of reaching Americans of all political persuasions, though the channel’s viewers tend to be conservative.

As they kept cutting each other off on Wednesday, trying to finish sentences, the host told his guest, “This isn’t your show!”

Earlier this week, however, Hannity said on his show that he welcomed de Blasio’s appearance.

“I give him a lot of credit for saying ‘yes,’” Hannity said.

The full interview can be seen below:

Indianapolis - A swastika was drawn on the wall of a dorm room at the University of Indianapolis shared by twin Israeli sisters. The swastika in faint red marker was... Poland - Poland’s chief rabbi criticized the government’s decision to honor World War II ultra-nationalist fighters and called his invitation to the event a...

Aug 08, 2019 at 12:14 PM Anonymous Says:

Diblasio: “Fox news, with its liberal anchors Shep Smith, Juan Williams, Neil Cavuto, and many liberal guests and contributors (Judge Napolitanto, etc.) is too divisive! MSNBC, CNN,NYT, etc. with their 100% liberal, 24/7 Trump-hating anchors,guests, contributors are not divisive.”

Aug 08, 2019 at 12:36 PM fat36 Says:

I’ll take one Topic. Hannity keeps on talking about building a wall De Blasio Kept on pointing out about the millions that are Already here. Why couldn’t he just say if you’re in a sinking boat how about clogging the whole first and stopping more water come again and then we will figure out how to get rid of the water that’s in the boat. I’m not a politician but I don’t think he had strong answers to give him back.Also on healthcare he says we are pay for it anyways when the illegals go to the hospitals. How about plugging the hole up getting rid of those that don’t belong here that came illegally and I can get back some of my tax money

Aug 08, 2019 at 02:19 PM Anonymous Says:

deblowsio said absolutely nothing. he talk nonsense. he has no idea how an economy works. he did not understand the companies don't pay taxes. he want class warfare. The CEO is making 350% times the worker. This is bull. First if the ceo is making big big bucks they have to be doing something for it or they would get somebody else. I can say that I can't mean Hannity standards of income but it does not bother me. I am only going to get what Hashem wants me to have and not have a penny more. However I am grateful that I have a house [not my own] full of frum children, grandchildren and great grandchildren . This is more than all the money

Aug 08, 2019 at 04:00 PM Anonymous Says:

Sean Hannity should reciprocate and appear on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and ABC.

Aug 08, 2019 at 04:38 PM Liberal Lisa Says:

De Blasio can't even do his job as mayor, and he thinks he can be president?

Aug 08, 2019 at 04:44 PM Educated Archy Says:

yes and thats the point. whats wrong witha CEO being rivch? Are you jealous? Thats life. De Balssio and the dems gotto live with it. Stop looking at yenim plate.

Aug 08, 2019 at 06:32 PM Esther Says:

Progressives want to punnish people for being financially successful. On the other end of the economic scale,poor people get too much in government benefits so that there's no incentive to get off the dole.

Aug 08, 2019 at 07:15 PM Duh Says:

Sean Hannity should reciprocate and appear on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and ABC.

Chucham, Hannity isn’t running for president!

Aug 08, 2019 at 07:17 PM AH Says:

Educated Archy Says:

I think that, for someone who calls himself "educated," you might do well to read others' comments more carefully. #3 said pretty clearly that he's not jealous, and that "I am only going to get what Hashem wants me to have and not have a penny more."

Aug 08, 2019 at 07:29 PM Anonymous Says:

Esther Says:

Again right after Educated. Cant you wait at least 2-3 post between yourself. This is the seventh time in a row Esther posts straight after Educated.

Aug 08, 2019 at 07:36 PM Anonymous Says:

Question? Do you live in
1) the Trumpist antisemmitic Towns in Kansas? Iowa? Nebraska? Louisiana? with your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren or
2) in NY or similar Sanctuary Liberal Cities with like minded mayors like DBlasio where immigrants are welcome.
If the answer is 1 are you Yewish? Frumm? or Evangelist.
99% of Frumme live in Liberal Cities 99% of Evangelists live in White Supermacist towns. so please just say Thank You Mr DBlasio and all Liberals for providing a home for me, children, grand children and great grandchildren where we are safe from the Evangelist white Supermacist Neo Nazis.

Aug 08, 2019 at 08:13 PM Anonymous Says:

AH Says:

If you were smart you would've figured out that's he's not arguing with #6 but he's using the statement that #6 posted to explain the position of the left which they both disagree with as is readily apparent from their words

Aug 08, 2019 at 09:44 PM Liberal Lisa Says:

Duh Says:

Chucham, Hannity isn’t running for president!

Neither is De Blasio, despite his delusions.

Aug 08, 2019 at 09:49 PM AH Says:

Question? Do you live in
If the answer is 1 are you Yewish? Frumm? or Evangelist.

By your "logic," I suppose that the Poles before World War II must have loved the Jews much more than the Yugoslavs, since several million frum Jews lived in Poland, and a far smaller number in Yugoslavia.

So you're conveniently ignore that establishing a new community is a lot harder than maintaining an existing one; the continued Jewish presence in liberal cities is _in spite_ of them being liberal and anti-Semitic, not _because_ of it.