Bnei Brak - 11-Month-Old Girl Rescued From Parked Car [VIDEO]

Published on: August 12, 2019 10:31 AM

Bnei Brak - An 11-month-old girl was removed from a car parked in Bnei Brak, after being left there for 90 minutes. The girl was transported to Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer Hospital. She is reportedly “fully conscious and in stable condition”. The vehicle was parked under a tree, which most likely saved the child’s life by shielding it from the sun.

Ben Shmuel Cohen, a resident of Rosh Ha’ayin was passing through the area, and saw the baby in the vehicle, looking red and sweaty. He immediately smashed a window of the vehicle and rescued the girl.

Follow VIN News on WhatsApp Status for the latest breaking news and updates! CLICK HERE to get started.

Hong Kong - One of the world’s busiest airports canceled all flights after thousands of pro-democracy demonstrators crowded into Hong Kong’s main terminal Monday... Camarillo, CA - The average U.S. price of regular-grade gasoline has dropped 6 cents per gallon (3.8 liters) over the past two weeks to $2.74. Industry analyst Trilby...

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM shimonyehuda Says:

the parents of this baby need to be arrested and put in jail.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:43 AM Normal Says:

You never use your hand to smash a car window and never the front or back window. Use something sharp and hard, or just throw something through the front side window.away from the child. You can google it.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:01 AM more normal Says:

Normal Says:

I suspect that he did not attempt to smash the glass with his hand. It is more likely he cut his hand on the remnant shards of glass as he tried to open the door. Auto glass is quite tough and does not shatter to the ground the way it might in the movies.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:05 AM DavidK Says:

Baruch Hashem!!! As a parent who has a child who was left on a hot bus as a toddler I can really relate! We need to push for legislation to have technology included in cars that Detect Children. The Technology is all there!

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:48 PM AH Says:

shimonyehuda Says:

the parents of this baby need to be arrested and put in jail.

One hopes you never have children yourself, then, and that if you do, they're taken away from you as soon as possible. You think they left the child there on purpose? Or maybe, just maybe, they're human, and human beings can be forgetful, especially if it wasn't part of their regular routine to take the baby with them?

Aug 12, 2019 at 01:30 PM maxedout Says:

AH Says:

Sorry sir, but I agree with #1. Its a matter of seichel, which, sadly, too many parents do not have. You don't have to be a genius to make children. Any putz can do it. There is no excuse whatsoever to leave a child alone in a hot car, even for a minute.

Aug 12, 2019 at 01:53 PM BaruchMordecai Says:

Even if he has problems with his hand he saved a life. He is s hero. The sell a tool to break a car window you use a very pointed object like a phillips head screw driver. They sell those things to break out of cars when in an accident. Everyone should have one in their car but what New Yorker carries car items with them. Any longer and who knows? And taking a child away from parents is an unknown and can be worse.

Aug 12, 2019 at 02:30 PM Anonymous Says:

It's terrible and tragic, but note that experts say that it can happen to any parent, even the best parents. It can occur when there is a change in routine (such as Parent A usually drops off child at daycare, and today Parent B was asked to take the child but drove straight to work out of habit without dropping off the child).

We should take extra safety measures such as buying devices that remind parents of child in back seat.

Aug 12, 2019 at 02:30 PM Anonymous Says:

maxedout Says:

Exactly! With all the recent incidents in the news lately which ended so tragically, if that didn’t wake up parents to be more careful, nothing will! Tough measures are in order!

Aug 12, 2019 at 02:31 PM hashomer Says:

maxedout Says:

You see this is the orange trumpf’s fault because he gives Israel so much money they take advantage of it and go to the mall instead of going to work.

Aug 12, 2019 at 02:32 PM Anonymous Says:

maxedout Says:

you are a very sick person. It has been proven over the last couple of years that almost every single one of these children has loving caring parents. Most of these children were left in the car by parents who didn't usually have the child in the back seat and therefore forgot them. As someone already wrote the technology (some products aren't even high tech) is already there. Make it mandatory to install asap.

Aug 12, 2019 at 02:37 PM AH Says:

maxedout Says:

It’s not a question of seichel. Are you telling me you have perfect recall, and have never forgotten anything important? You might want to look up an essay on the subject of parents who left their children in cars, by Gene Weingarten of the Washington Post, and you may come away with a little more sympathy for them.

Aug 12, 2019 at 04:07 PM Anonymous Says:

AH Says:

To those who disagree with me, thats ok. we are entitled to our opinions. You dont need 'perfect recall' to know you have a child with you. The kids should be first and foremost on your mind. It would also help if these parents (and this is NOT all of them) would learn once and for all to stop texting while driving. I wish I had a nickel for every person I see driving on route 59 with phone in hand.

Aug 12, 2019 at 05:39 PM Bi-Stander Says:

It is very easy to judge others.

I myself am a parent of 9 children בלע"ה. Many (30?) years ago I took all my children for a trip with my station wagon. It was a hot summer day. When we got home all the children ran out of the car into the house. But we did not notice, one of our children had fallen asleep in the back of the station wagon, and when we exited the car we did not see her sleeping there.

After a while, I noticed that she is not around, my wife then said that she now realizes that she did not come into the house. I immediately ran outside to the car. By then she was already up and crying, flushed like a tomato. Luckily she was okay ב"ה.

Whenever I remind myself of that moment, a shiver goes through my body and tears fill my eyes.

Please, הוי דן את כל האדם לכף זכות, never judge others when you have not been in their situation. You sure don't want Hashem to judge you the way you jump to judge others. No one does it on purpose.

Aug 12, 2019 at 06:26 PM Anonymous Says:

Bi-Stander Says:

It is very easy to judge others.

Don't make excuses for parents who forget about bringing their children inside, from a hot car.

Aug 12, 2019 at 06:34 PM Anonymous Says:

shimonyehuda Says:

the parents of this baby need to be arrested and put in jail.

I couldn't agree more; however, there is an individual on this site, who, when I raised a similar point a few weeks ago, wished horrible tragedies on me and my family, even implying that I should witness something bad to happen to them; he did it, because I dared speak out against careless, and negligent parents, who leave these helpless small children, in a hot, steaming car to die. I'm tired of hearing the same garbage from ostensibly frum people on this site, such as "are you so perfect, they didn't do it on purpose, etc." According to the criminal law, in all 50 states and five U.S. territories, as well as in EY, there is such a law called culpable negligence, as well as criminally negligent homicide, and even manslaughter. According to the Torah, we are obligated to obey the laws of the country, which we live in. Some pompous, holier than thou fools on this site, simply do not get it.

Aug 12, 2019 at 06:35 PM Anonymous Says:

AH Says:

Stop making excuses for these idiots!

Aug 12, 2019 at 06:37 PM Anonymous Says:

maxedout Says:

I agree 100%; however, anytime one goes against these pompous and arrogant fools on this site, they start quoting Torah law. However, criminal law in this country, and in EY, takes precedence, whenever a helpless human being, is left in a hot steaming car, to die like a dog.

Aug 12, 2019 at 06:41 PM Anonymous Says:

You are the disturbed person, because of your making excuses, for parents who are negligent and careless.

Aug 12, 2019 at 07:11 PM Anonymous Says:

And what about mothers crossing the street with baby carriages while doing down at their phones???? Mothers, pay attention to your children, not your phone!!!

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:06 AM Anonymous Says:

Making excuses??? Every time your parents asked you to do something you remembered to do it? Your wife? Your teachers / rebbeim? Your boss? Perhaps your Mr. Perfect. Holier than thou. The worst type of people to deal with are people whose egos don't let them feel for another person because they can't have empathy for someone who is not as perfect as they are. I'll repeat what I wrote before, most of the people who forget the children in the car are caring, law-abiding parents and forgot the child because it was not the regular routine.

Aug 13, 2019 at 04:44 AM AH Says:

Hear, hear!

Not to mention the parents who are sleep-deprived and thus even more likely to forget critical details. A fair guess would be that a lot of those “holier-than-thou” commenters have no children of their own, or maybe one “designer” child, little more than a lifestyle accessory.

Aug 13, 2019 at 08:41 AM shimonyehuda Says:

AH Says:

I do not have children. I live in a chassidish neighborhood where the children are neglected because the parents do not have the sense to stop making babies when it is economically unfeasable. Then they don't vaccinate making them medically irresponsible!

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:01 AM Anonymous Says:

shimonyehuda Says:

I agree 100% with your posting.

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:04 AM Anonymous Says:

What do you mean, that "it was not the regular routine". To paraphrase President Ronald Reagan, "there you go again". No, I am not perfect, and I didn't always do the things, that I should have done. However, not once, did I ever leave my child in a car, unattended. You should show some rachmonos for the victims of these crimes, and not for the perpetrators!

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:09 AM Anonymous Says:

AH Says:

Hear, hear!

Kindly note that "being sleep deprived" is not a defense, for leaving a baby in a car, in the criminal penal codes of any of the 50 U.S. states, 5 U.S. territories, or even in the criminal statutes in Israel. Whether one has one child or 15, there is no excuse for leaving a small child in a car to suffer and die. Why do you always have more empathy for the perpetrators, and not for the victims? If it was a goy who was involved, you would not be as charitable in your remarks.