London - Are you still Texting While Driving? Watch This Video Viewer Discretion Advised

Published on: August 19, 2009 10:23 AM

London - Gwent Police in Wales hope a shocking film about the consequences of texting while driving will help prevent crashes.

The film to be shown in area schools as part of a 30-minute deterrent movie about “texting while driving.” It’s effective, violent and bloody. That’s probably the point.

Editors Note: VIN News decided to post this video to deter drivers to text while operating an automobile, especially teenagers.

WARNING: EXTREME VIOLENT GRAPHIC VIDEO Viewer Discretion Advised. Some of the Images are not 100% modest.

Washington - A deal finalized Wednesday between the United States and Switzerland paves the way for a potentially historic disclosure of Swiss bank secrets: the names of... Richmond, VA - In search of tradition and truth in a modern world, Richmond’s tiny population of Hasidic Jews practice quiet, strict yet joyful lives. Hasidic...

Aug 19, 2009 at 09:42 AM Anonymous Says:

I'm convinced. And I just got my blackberry

Aug 19, 2009 at 09:40 AM Anonymous Says:

VINN should pin that, it was so scary, yet very to the point. I dont believe anyone would watch it and at the very least thing long and hard about the distrctions caused by a phone while driving.

Aug 19, 2009 at 09:43 AM Anonymous Says:

Wow. Crazy video.

Aug 19, 2009 at 09:49 AM Anonymous Says:

no need to post warning. its reality.

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:05 AM Anonymous Says:

I will bl"n not do this anymore!!!!!!!! scary as hell.

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:01 AM when oh when Says:

this video is all too true..when are peope going to learn that you cant do this while driving??its not just teenagers, its adults too..just go look around you'll see it..i just cant get over watching this video..as a mother and wife i worry for their lives every single day that they are out..it mamish frightens me of what meshugah crazy people there are out there..i know one persons mother who says the only time she has time to talk to her friends and family is while driving..oh please..Moshiach isnt going to solve these reckless driving..we first have to do our hishtadlus..close your phone while driving..close any form of driving before driving besides our mouth..i wish my fellow Yidden stay safe,drive safe..

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:01 AM Anonymous Says:

Awesome post. Pin it. Im done with texting while driving now. I believe that you should post this once a week as a reminder.

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM Anonymous Says:

Enough said!

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM A. Nuran Says:

As Bob Heinlein (ztl) said "Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime: the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."

Any adult who has to be reminded this dramatically that texting while driving is stupid may be beyond help.

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM Anonymous Says:

This MUST be shown to every Jewish girls high school and seminary student immediately.

(We happen to know of a Jewish sem student who was killed, BD"H, in an auto accident; I don't know if texting or cell phones were involved. Nevertheless, she was NOT wearing a seat belt and was, BH"H, thrown from the car. By the way, that's how MOST fatalities occur in auto accidents. Buckle up and live!)

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:23 AM Anonymous Says:

powerful. I had tears in my eyes watching that. That was really scary especially that baby not blinking........

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM Anonymous Says:

dont take it to heart.. it was fake.. its only a demostration.. do you really think that this is how calm its at a auto collision?? you gotta have some self control over your emotions.. get the point, and drive on..

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:21 AM Anonymous Says:

look what impression four minutes can make...

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:09 AM Anonymous Says:

What about the Boys?

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:15 AM Anonymous Says:

we all agree in theroy that texting is a recipe for potential disaster while driving .
you may drive and be sucessful many times to text and drive all it takes is once not being sucessful and that could be you in that video chas vesholom !
this video DRIVES that point home i b'ln wont text after viewing this video
i think it should be shown to each and every driver
"seeing is beleiving"

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:13 AM Anonymous Says:

"especially teenagers"??? If I'm above 20, can one text while driving??? NOBODY should test while driving!

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:13 AM DWI Says:

you see allways text with two hands.

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM Anonymous Says:

A friend of mine was recently involved in a "small" accident due to texting, B"H no injuries... The other car was a parked car!!! The damages of both cars ran up to $6,000!!! So, if you don't care about your life, at least care about the money.

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM Anonymous Says:

Very SCARY!!! the clean mind, that never watches TV or goishe films will find this very shocking!

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM Logic613 Says:

Unreal. I have been a medic for 7 years and this is the best reenactment I have ever seen.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM Anonymous Says:

While the beginning of the video is "only a demonstration", the rest of it looks pretty real.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM Anonymous Says:

What about the Boys?

I guess there are enough boys out there...

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM Anonymous Says:

I thought the rabbonim in the U.K. have banned mobile phones with internet &text messaging.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM for all ages Says:

THIS IS FOR ALL AGES NOT JUST TEENS. Just yesterday I had a guy swerve into my lane like he was drunk, he wasnt he was on his blackberry typing, or should I say 'drunk on his berry'.
Last year I saw a lady go right through a red light. She stopped at the next light because of traffic and when she was confronted that she went through the light, her face turned white, she had no idea at all, why because she was on her cell phone chatting away.
BOTH were frum 50 year olds (or so). THIS WARNING APPLIES TO ALL!
May we be extra careful in the car and may Hashem protect all of us!

Aug 19, 2009 at 01:03 PM Anonymous Says:

A. Nuran Says:

its not a matter of being stupid..its that they think to themself...they can manage texting/talking while being on the road....dont jump to conclusions that all ppl are like that ..its just they may have never seen what the effect may have and the accidents it may cause...ppl just have to be made aware and be exposed to the dangers...

Aug 19, 2009 at 01:02 PM Anonymous Says:

right.. in middle of savings ones life, the medics let the camera man take position?? looks like youve never been at a reall MVA.. its a good manufactured 'movie' as all other movies, and it strongly delivers the message..

I just hope the message stays with us..

Aug 19, 2009 at 02:54 PM jh Says:

did you hear the neck snap? Although this video is well intended, scare tactics have been proven (I admit I have no citation) to only stop dangerous behavior temporarily. When we can no longer handle the stress of thinking of a gory threat we just turn to denial. This wears off rather quickly.
Better luck next time British Gov.

Aug 19, 2009 at 02:30 PM Not Tznius'dik Says:

It needs to be shown in all Yeshivos, if only it was a bit more Tzenius'dik.

Hatzalah should make their own version for frum Yidden.

Aug 19, 2009 at 03:22 PM Anonymous Says:

jh Says:

Better luck next time British Gov.

should it help only temporarily, its worth it! if there is only a possibilty of saving one Human life, its worth it!!

Aug 19, 2009 at 05:42 PM Anonymous Says:

This is a "REAL" video. The entire thing, from beginning to end. They had a camera in the car and there were two stander by's with cameras for the aftermath...

Aug 19, 2009 at 05:33 PM Kudos to VIN Says:

To the editors of VIN:

Although many times I totaly disagree with your editorial policy, today I say, Hats off to VIN. May hashem bentch you for saving many lives.

Chazal have a saying: Eino domeh shmeeyah l'reeah (You cannot compare hearing, to seeing. [Seeing something has a much stronger effect.]

I guarantee you that the impression this video will make upon young and old is priceless and will save lives. (and I just watched the first minute)

May you all be gebentched and may you be zoche to post proper stories al derech yisrael saba.

Kol Tov

Aug 19, 2009 at 06:29 PM A. Nuran Says:

Definitely not all people, just the ones severely deficient in common sense with an inability to understand that actions have consequences.

Aug 19, 2009 at 08:23 PM Joe L Says:

Thank you VIN for posting this.

On a side note, I didnt understnad the lengthy disclaimers. Who are you afraid of?

Again: Thank you, Thank you. It might help me kick a terrible habit

Aug 19, 2009 at 08:54 PM Ahem Says:

Not Tznius'dik Says:

It needs to be shown in all Yeshivos, if only it was a bit more Tzenius'dik.

Hatzalah should make their own version for frum Yidden.

You really find this to be an issue in such a video?

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:45 PM concerned Says:

thanks VIN for this post!!

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:23 AM JH Says:

Ahem Says:

You really find this to be an issue in such a video?

Listen, if we hold by certain Tznius standards they cannot be bent under any circumstances. I happen to not be as makpid as some but if VIN holds by a certain standard then even a disclaimer is not enough.

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM Torah Says:

Ahem Says:

You really find this to be an issue in such a video?

Torah never changes regardless of the setting, unless for a medic doing his job but for everyone else the setting doesn't change the Torah law prohibition.

Aug 20, 2009 at 08:56 AM former Hatzolah member Says:

Make your children (male & female) watch this video. Then make them watch it AGAIN. Don't worry the boys will NOT be focused on the girls bare stomach (they have all seen worse). You may be saving their lives. Parents watch it with them, both times. You may be saving your life. It doesn't matter if it's real or a reenactment.

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM Anonymous Says:

Anyone who texts while driving should watch this video. It will give him or her a healthy dose of reality.

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM Anonymous Says:

this was the scariest thing I've every seen. It really teaches you a lesson! Oh my gosh!

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:31 AM BinderDundat Says:

Torah Says:

I, for one, didnt even realize what the girls were wearing in the video. The message of the video is clear. I'm pretty sure hatzalas nefashos overrides this meshigas.

Aug 20, 2009 at 01:03 PM The Truth Says:

Torah Says:

How / Why does the Torah change for a medic?
You and I have the same Torah, which says that saving someones life (including your own life) comes first. By watching this video, it is doing just that - saving peoples lives.

Aug 20, 2009 at 03:50 PM driving school newbury Says:

As a driving instructor I see so many people on the road who either text or use their phones without hands free kits. If I see it then surely so must the policedriving school newbury

Aug 20, 2009 at 03:01 PM Anonymous Says:

Torah Says:

Anyone who has hirhurim from the girl's uncovered stomach while being loaded unto the bus probably is patur min hamitzvos anyway.

Aug 20, 2009 at 06:35 PM A. Nuran Says:

driving school newbury Says:

The hands-free kits don't make any difference. The NTSB discovered that in no uncertain terms. The results were suppressed by the Bush Administration at the request of the cell phone industry. The only really safe course of action is no cell phones while driving. Period. If you have an emergency pull over to the side of the road and call.

Aug 20, 2009 at 06:33 PM A. Nuran Says:

JH Says:

This is for the purpose of saving lives. That is infinitely more important than the arbitrary changing definitions of what is and isn't modest.

Aug 20, 2009 at 07:31 PM qt314 Says:

A. Nuran Says:

Amen, exactly my thoughts!!

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:09 AM Anonymous Says:

i stilll think that running stop signs which i see every 5 min in this town is far worse themn texing while driving .

Aug 25, 2009 at 01:30 PM shelly Says:

Just as bad a s driving school clips if not worse 'the baby' omg

Aug 25, 2009 at 01:27 PM shelly Says:

poor innocent kids and famillys dont know whats coming Big wake up call for anyone , and everyone

Aug 25, 2009 at 01:24 PM Anonymous Says:

aw' still thinking and its been a while and heart hurts ,,,But thisis the real deal and sadly to innocent families out there in danger and dont know what 's coming

Aug 25, 2009 at 07:30 PM "Doc" Says:

I have taught Traffic Level ll to hundreds of people over the years; teens through seniors. I'm often asked for video entertainment to help enliven the 2 day program...I think I found some. Young and old think this will never happen to them as they protest, "I can't drive 55" or "Sometimes a phone call is too important to ignore." They'll just pay the fine and do the time. That's the thinking. Is this video 'over the top?' Not at all. The technology to end this scourge exists. And it is simple. If moving faster than 10 mph the cell phone or similar devise will not work. Speed is detected remotely and a signal is sent to the devise to go on stand-by. However, even the mere suggestion of such an idea is so abhorrent that a chorus of self righteous indignation ensues. Legislators, voters, concerned individuals take heed and act now. To 'coin' a phase, "the life you save may be your own."

Aug 25, 2009 at 07:25 PM Ashley Vestal Says:

I agree, as a mom of a teen, that nobody should do it, but as a mom AND a teacher, I know that the teenage mind is not fully equipped to handle new distractions... therefore being all the more susceptible. Remember there are NO experienced teen drivers.

Dec 01, 2009 at 02:54 PM Anonymous Says:

"Doc" Says:

Can it detect whether the phone is on a train or bus or in a car? Or whether it belongs to the driver or passenger?