Munich, Germany - Ex-Nazi Guard Demjanjuk Probed for Fatal Car Crash of Jew

Published on: December 14, 2009 10:31 AM
By: AFP / DPA The Local

Ex-Nazi Guard Demjanjuk Probed for Fatal Car Crash of JewMunich, Germany - John Demjanjuk, already on trial for Nazi-era war crimes, is also under investigation for allegedly intentionally killing someone with his car in 1947, German prosecutors said today.

“A probe is under way to investigate allegations that he crashed into someone on purpose in 1947,” a spokesman for the prosecutor’s office in the southeastern city of Ulm, Michael Bischofberger, told AFP.

He said the now 89-year-old Demjanjuk was employed as a driver by the Allies in Germany after World War II.

The accusations were based on private inquiries but Bischofberger offered no further information on the alleged victim’s identity or the circumstances of the crash. He did not confirm a media report that the person was Jewish.

“We are trying to obtain more precise information from Ludwigsburg on where the accused was employed at the time,” Bischofberger said, referring to the federal office investigating Nazi-era crimes.

Demjanjuk went on trial in the southern German city of Munich last month accused of helping to murder 27,900 people while a guard at the Sobibor death camp in German-occupied Poland in 1943.

It is likely to be the last major trial for war crimes committed under the Third Reich. The next hearing is scheduled for December 21.

Far Rockaway, NY - They are the proud. The few. The brave. They are those who awaken at the crack of dawn and Daven at the moment of sunrise. They are the Vasikin... Vineland, NJ - Like most UPS drivers, George Lodovico has his little tricks of the trade. He keeps the key ring on his pinky, thereby reducing the number of times he...

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM Anonymous Says:

bilaam harasha said tumis nafshi mois yeshurim if he lived a life of rishus thats the way he will die is din veis dayan yemach shemoi vezichroi leolmei ad

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:08 PM for the 6 million hyd Says:

So now they should add this murder case to his resume and update it; 27901. Its crazy how many people this sick animal killed and I'm sure he doesn't even know what we want from him poor old sick man. And I'm sure he killed many others. When I think about this animal my eyes start tearing for all our brothers who suffered and killed by the Nazis yemach shemam. I don't think there's any punishment in the world for such kind of evil and I think when we say "hashem ykum damu" we really believe that only hashem could take revenge and he will! Should we all great mashiach!

Dec 14, 2009 at 03:19 PM Anonymous Says:

Why did the Israelis throw this bloody murderer out of their jail? I just cannot believe they did this. They must have know this was a murderer. I am so angry. I remember the stories in the paper in those days. He joked with the jailers. Made fun and mocked them. YMSVZ to all of them.

Dec 14, 2009 at 03:41 PM a yid Says:

Der riech zol eim nemen

Dec 14, 2009 at 05:13 PM Brooklyn Jew Says:

I'm horrified that the court system is bringing up an ordinary car accident on top of all the current charges. All it does is, it cheapens the deaths of the thousands who died by his vicious hand in the camps Hashem Yinkoim Domom.

Dec 14, 2009 at 06:49 PM Milhouse Says:

Because he was clearly innocent of the crime of which he had been convicted. What else could they have done?

The evidence that he was "Ivan the Terrible" was always weak and unreliable, and he should never have been charged, let alone extradited, tried, convicted, and sentenced to death. And yes, I said so at the time. It was a travesty of justice, which cast disrepute on the entire collaborator-hunting enterprise, and delayed his current trial by at least a decade.

Dec 14, 2009 at 07:03 PM Shaul in Monsey Says:

It would have been a worse travesty to convict him for crimes he was not responsible for. He is not Ivan the Terrible. Had his conviction not been overturned, it would have struck a fatal blow for any democratic system of justice. I hate to say it but you can't convict a guilty man for someone else's crimes, even this mamzer. He has to be convicted of the crimes he committed. The law is about what you can prove pursuant to a system of rules designed to protect the accused. It's not about what you know or think.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:34 AM Anonymous Says:

Brooklyn Jew Says:

to the contrary.

It exemplifies it. You might have a havva mina to think that since he killed 27,000 people, lets just forget about that one extra yid he trampled. Ka mashma lan, no; every single human being is important and worthy of aggressive retribution.

Dec 15, 2009 at 01:39 AM Milhouse Says:

Brooklyn Jew Says:

If the allegation is true, this was no accident, it was deliberate murder. So why shouldn't it be added? Why is this one Jew's life worth less than those of his other victims? How does adding his death to the count cheapen those other deaths?