Brooklyn, NY - Marking 30th Anniversary, Music Superstar Avraham Fried Gives A Glimpse Into His New Upcoming Album In Exclusive Interview [Part 3]

Published on: May 4, 2010 11:25 AM

Brooklyn, NY - Our exclusive three part video interview with Avraham Fried concludes with Avremel discussing his father’s reaction to his becoming a singer and his thoughts on having his own children, who have been featured on a few of his CDs, follow in his footsteps.  Fried seems humbled by his success, which has taken him all over the world, and is perhaps the only Jewish singer who has ever sung in a Las Vegas showroom.  He marvels at the notion that he has been given the privilege to inspire people and is clearly grateful that he has been given this amazing opportunity.

After releasing his first DVD last year, Fried confesses to wanting to do another.  Looking ahead to the future, Fried is hard at work on both a conventional album and a Yiddish/English album.  As a final treat for Vos Iz Neias readers, Fried offers just a taste of a song from his upcoming album, which is due out this Tishrei.

Watch below

Rare footage below, was shown at a Fried concert in 2005 in Belgium upon his 25th anniversary showing photos and audio of Avramel when he was a child.

In case you missed the interviews Part 1 here Part 2 here

Washington - Nissan Motor Co. said Tuesday it will recall nearly 135,000 Infiniti G35 sedans and coupes to address a problem that could lead to the air bag not... New York, NY - Mayor Michael Bloomberg says New York City "will not tolerate any bias" following the arrest of a U.S. citizen from Pakistan in the Times Square car...

May 04, 2010 at 12:01 PM mordyb Says:

unreal wow when can we expect the album

May 04, 2010 at 12:17 PM Moish Says:

Thank-you VIN for a great interview,

one thing Avremel said I strongly disagree with - he doesn't like listening to his first album "No Jew" because he feels his voice is inexperienced, I couldn't disagree more, I love that album - each song is a gem, his voice is pure & emotion-laden.

As great as the subsequent albums are, that first one was a powerful start & propelled him to his well-deserved position today!

May 04, 2010 at 12:20 PM Anonymous Says:

such geshmake words for a song only avremel is an expert on

May 04, 2010 at 12:21 PM the biggest fried fan Says:

Why are you coming out so late???

May 04, 2010 at 12:46 PM Anonymous Says:

Avrohom fried was great at the great parade and then rocked baltimore with the EvanAl Orchestra! Well done!

May 04, 2010 at 01:01 PM LARRY Says:

when he was in las vegas, was he on shlichos from the rebba?

May 04, 2010 at 01:02 PM aharon Says:

I am absolutely sure that "No Jew" was released in 1981 not 1980. That would make this year rthe 29th anniversary. Someone is making a mistake!!!!

May 04, 2010 at 02:16 PM Hoply Says:

aharon Says:

What's a difference if its the 29th or the 30th Anniversary Listen to the Interview

May 04, 2010 at 02:24 PM Anonymous Says:

Avremel,

I enjoy your singing very much however to me I especially love when you sing for the organization Matnas Michoel I look forward to that every year.

May 04, 2010 at 04:03 PM Anonymous Says:

the fact is he is the singer with the sweetest voice

May 04, 2010 at 04:47 PM anonymous Says:

he is the best singer still after all those tears he is the orogneal also good job yossi

May 04, 2010 at 11:55 PM Fried Fan Says:

You are my favorite singer... your cds are great and original u always have different ideas !!its amazing that your voice is still young and sharp ...listening to you all the time.........hatzlacha raba to your future releases (hopefully)

May 05, 2010 at 12:02 AM Fried Fan Says:

You are the greatest singer and its amazing that your voice is still young... we are always excited to your cds and concerts!! Cant wait for next release ... still waiting for the fire song!!!!!!! Hatzlacha Raba in your future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 05, 2010 at 10:24 AM Anonymous Says:

"and is perhaps the only Jewish singer who has ever sung in a Las Vegas showroom"

I doubt that. Here is a partial list of Jewish singers who sang in a Vegas showroom:

Bob Dylan
Simon & Garfunkel
Neil Diamond
Paula Abdul
Michael Bolton

I could keep going ...

May 05, 2010 at 01:51 PM shtork Says:

kein yirbu and keep it up look yo see you at my sons chasuna

May 06, 2010 at 01:38 AM Binyomin Says:

Thank you for this very poignant, intimate interview. It is a singular opportunity to get a personal glance into Avraham Fried -the man, instead of his better known persona as an entertainer. As is evident, he is an extraordinary man with a unique character and great sensitivity. I have always said anyone who has the ability to inspire and move so many, (Carlebach, MBD) must have a special soul.

May 06, 2010 at 01:42 AM Binyomin Says:

To Reb Avremel:
You requested some audience feedback so I’d like to offer a suggestion. You mention running out of “Moshiach-themed” English songs. However, not all your English songs are in fact “Moshiach-themed”. “Forever One” or “My Fellow Jew” for example speak to Achdus in Klal Yisroel or the “specialness” of Klal Yisroel. Both Ideas are instrumental in the brining of Moshiach. Perhaps more songs in that vein would be an idea.
Also, in recent years “Chazzanus” has seen a resurgence of sorts, (due perhaps, in a large part, to Chazan Helfgot’s popularity). You, however, have always had Chazzanus mixed into some songs on your albums. I’d like to hear a little more Chazzanus. Maybe a whole “shtickle” instead of short clips. Please let me know what you think.
Anyway, Hatzlacha Rabba in all your endeavors and may you continue to go “Mi’chayil L’chayil” in inspiring and being Me’sameach Klal Yisroel “Ad Bi’as Go’el.
Thank You!

Joey Ramone
Simon & Garfunkel
Neil Diamond
Paula Abdul
Michael Bolton

I could keep going ...

Yes you are right, so Avremel was the first who not just born jew, but he lives like a jew....big difference

May 06, 2010 at 10:08 AM Binyomin Says:

Binyomin Says:

To Reb Avremel:
Thank You!

Although I know it has been mentioned before, I would also love an album with R' Avremele collaborating with MBD. They are fantastic together; they harmonize, and complement each other very well. It would really take their potential to the next level!
I also would love to hear "You're playing with fire" on an upcoming album.
Yasher Koach!

May 06, 2010 at 10:13 AM Binyomin Says:

I'd like to hear about the training that went into making R' Avremel's voice what it is today.

May 07, 2010 at 12:22 AM Anonymous Says:

Avremel,
From No Jew will be left behind to the present every album and every song you sing is truly a gem. Your music and voice are always with me and always inspire me.

Wishing you Bracha V'Hatzlacha in everything you do.

M

May 12, 2010 at 09:06 PM chesky Says:

Hi Avraham Fried,

I think you are doing a fantastic job with all your cd’s your recording,

Your very rite that you’re not suppose to sing non Jewish songs,

I can’t wait for the upcoming album to be in the stores !!

Have lots of Hatslachah and I wish you to get the best songs in the feature to be misameach kllal yisroel and ME

Kol Tuv

May 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM MB Says:

Avremel,
There would be nothing for me to listen to if there was no Avraham Fried. Thank you for 30 amazing years and mazel tov on your anniversary. I am another one of those people who don't care for chazonos but love Avraham Fried chazonos.

You are the best and always will be.

Bracha V'hatzlacha!!!!