Queens, NY - Priest Blames Jewish-Controlled Media for "Distorting" Abuse Scandal

Published on: May 13, 2010 09:41 AM
By:  NY Post

Rev. Vytautas VolertasQueens, NY - A Catholic priest is under fire for claiming that the church pedophile scandal has been distorted by the media—because it’s controlled by Jews.

“The most insignificant facts are intensified, they make sensational headlines, and that helps sell newspapers,” the Rev. Vytautas Volertas, told a Lithuanian-language newspaper on May 1.

“To put it another way, who controls the press? The Jews. Have you ever seen an article in The New York Times about a criminal rabbi? No? And you won’t see one.”

In fact, the Times, like every other major New York newspaper, last year reported the arrests of five rabbis who were indicted in a money-laundering probe in New Jersey.

Volertas, assigned to the Church of the Transfiguration in Maspeth, apologized after being chastised by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio of the Brooklyn Diocese.

DiMarzio was “appalled” by the remarks, a spokesman said.

Volertas, in a statement released by the diocese, said, “I sincerely apologize to the Jewish people for the harm that my words may have caused.

“Moreover, I beg forgiveness of the victims of clergy sexual abuse.”

New York - Pick up a copy of Lipa Schmeltzer’s new album, Meimke D’Lipa, when it appears in stores next week and you may notice a small square tag consisting of... Watertown, MA - Raids by federal agents in Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey on Thursday are focused on a system of "cash couriers" who bring money into the United...

May 13, 2010 at 09:50 AM shimon Says:

the catholic church wants to have friendly relations with the jews this is the proof

May 13, 2010 at 09:51 AM proud to be a jew Says:

This guy is a Jerk and only apologized because he could in to trouble.....
Let him rot in Hell with all the other anti Semites out there!

May 13, 2010 at 09:53 AM Anonymous Says:

Eastern Europe all over again.

May 13, 2010 at 09:55 AM Anonymous Says:

You can't take back your words, you said it you meant it.

May 13, 2010 at 09:58 AM David Says:

This is beyond outrageous. I'm a Jew! Why doesn't the media consult me about these stories? And, for crying out loud, where's my cut of the multi-billion dollar media empire? I should at least get enough for maybe a pastrami on rye with a cream soda, no? But I get bupkes! What good does it even do me to be one of the "Jews" if I have to go to work and earn a living and support my family, and not even be in charge of the banks or Hollywood or the media? It's like being a gentile or something!

May 13, 2010 at 09:58 AM Anonymous Says:

The old Christian Blood Libel rears its ugly head once again.

May 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM Let him hear our voice Says:

Let this anti Lithuanian semite hear yor voice Rev. Vytautas Volertas, (718) 326-2236, volertas@aol.com

May 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM Ich shaym zich oych nisht#1 Says:

If this sonei yisroel ever checked he would knowf:

1. New york times owned by non Jews
2. New york Post- Owned by non Jews
3. Los Angeles Times-owned by non-Jews
4 . Washington Post- Owned by non-Jews
This almost evry Goy believes like "the Jews control the banks"! and they are taught "the Jews have all the money'" Eisov sonei ess Yaakov ! Dos is the average Goy!

May 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM Anonymous Says:

Typical, antisemitism, they'll never learn

May 13, 2010 at 10:14 AM Anonymous Says:

Ha these guys haven't changed. They have been abusing Jews and minors for centry's!

May 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM anonymous Says:

Nothing has changed in church exposed antisemitism from crusades , inquisition and present time. Der Spiegel , a renown German weekly, Augstein foundation has reported detailed information about sexual abused by Catholic clerk including a bishop named Mixia and his sauna session with young priests.

May 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM j Says:

says what all those pedophilic priests really think

May 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM Anonymous Says:

Ich shaym zich oych nisht#1 Says:

If this sonei yisroel ever checked he would knowf:

1. New york times owned by non Jews
2. New york Post- Owned by non Jews
3. Los Angeles Times-owned by non-Jews
4 . Washington Post- Owned by non-Jews

So, you are angered at a gentile who expresses an anti-Semitic statement, and offended at his generalizations about Jews. Good for you! Can you tell me, please, why it's bad if he says nasty things about Jews, but it's OK for you to spout nasty things about gentiles? I don't believe you are in a position to say anything about the beliefs of the "average Goy," but I do think that, if you're offended by bigotry, it would be nice if you could at least refrain from being a bigot.

May 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM Meir Says:

Sadly, this is no worse than those who are attacked for reporting frum abuse - when it happens in Israel it is the Zionists and chilonim who are to blame and in the US the gov't and the non-frum are blamed. Denial is denial

May 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM Anonymous Says:

eisov was not a goy so im not sure what your point is

A yid he wasn't either, it was before matan Torah.

May 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM Never_Forget Says:

For those of you who are not aware of the what a lithuanian goy is, In Lithuania about 196,000 jews of 204,000 population during the holocaust were killed. It's about 96%, even more than in Poland.

May 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM Raphi Says:

"Rape a child blame a Jew" should be catholic churhes mantra

May 13, 2010 at 12:58 PM David Says:

Raphi Says:

"Rape a child blame a Jew" should be catholic churhes mantra

Cute. Ever hear of a saying about people who live in glass houses and how they shouldn't throw stones? Have you noted the number of rabbis and frum people who have been arrested for abusing children in the last few years?

May 13, 2010 at 01:00 PM Anonymous Says:

David Says:

he wasnt being a bigot he was just pointing out the fallacy of the way the goy thinks that the jew controlls everything
stop being an apologist for this vile anti semite
the lithuanian preists as well as all priests and i said and mean all (no generalization) all are jew haters thats part of the religion
it was a known fact to every child in europe that a priest was an anti semite
its here in america that the modern rabbis etc like to cuddle up to them and think we can have normal relations with the goy and the priest
big mistake

May 13, 2010 at 01:07 PM Anonymous Says:

Typical Lithuanian just expressing what he grew up with.

May 13, 2010 at 01:38 PM Anonymous Says:

Never_Forget Says:

You are right and they :Lithuanian flocked to the SS killing Jews and in one picture a Lithuanian is pictured holding a heavy branch and smashing the skulls of bound Jews. Lithuanian SS [Litauische Standarte ] were savages worse than the Germans and as person put it this clergy trash grew up with this hatred

May 13, 2010 at 01:47 PM Anonymous Says:

David Says:

that was awesome! :)

May 13, 2010 at 02:00 PM Asher Buchwalter Says:

Typical Lithuanian just expressing what he grew up with.

You do or maybe don't know how much truth you expressed , In Poland I saw the Lithuanian Ss in action [I was deported from Vienna] and they were animals with human features, glad you said it.

May 13, 2010 at 02:16 PM Anonymous Says:

Raphi Says:

"Rape a child blame a Jew" should be catholic churhes mantra

"“ "Rape a child blame a Jew" should be catholic churhes mantra”
and...
Rape a child blame the child should be the Jewish mantra

May 13, 2010 at 02:23 PM Anonymous Says:

Raphi Says:

"Rape a child blame a Jew" should be catholic churhes mantra

"all priests and i said and mean all (no generalization) all are jew haters thats part of the religion"
How can you make a statement like that knowing full well it is a lie. I grew up going to catholic shcool--12 years--and while I consider myself to be a 'recoving' catholic, I have to tell you that you are wrong. While it is in their bible that only catholics get into heaven, that is the extent. 12 years and not ONE religion was ever instulted, or even MENTIONED! Can you say the same about your religion? These posters have claimed that the Torah says Goys are here to be your servents.....Arabs should be murdered, and the like.....Again, that is what the posters say your Torah says, and I am not trying to quote anything, but it is in YOUR religion to hate everyone who is not a Jew......12 years of catholic school and the Jews were never brought up. To tell you the truth, I didnt even know what a Jew was until my 20's.....thought it was like catholic, presbaterian, lutherab....etc....just another religion......dont you think the world would be a better place if we judged people on who they were and how they acted as opposed to who they pray to?

May 13, 2010 at 03:52 PM Avi Says:

I called him and told him a piece of my mind ...

May 13, 2010 at 04:06 PM Anonymous Says:

Come on , some of his best friends are Jewish .

May 13, 2010 at 04:35 PM Anonymous Says:

Re; to # 27 . I am sure it wasn't much .

May 13, 2010 at 05:40 PM Askupeh Says:

You're right, not all Catholic priests hate Jews, and he should have differentiated between the Catholic priests in Lithuania and the Catholic priests here where most aren't Jew haters. But I want to set you straight, no where in the Torah does it state that gentiles are to be our servants and Arabs should be murdered. We are the most peace loving people on earth, and not for nothing did we become the chosen people, chosen by God to be a light into the nations. That you didn’t grow up with any Jew hatred, and it wasn’t taught to you, is refreshing for us Jews who have suffered so much by the hands of the Catholic Church, from inquisitions, massacres and pogroms. We need to acknowledge that times have changed and you’re proof of it. I wish you, a fellow human being well; we’re on the same page.

May 13, 2010 at 06:33 PM Anonymous Says:

now I understand where blood libels came from. After priests abused kids they killed them and blamed it on the jews.

May 13, 2010 at 06:59 PM Shmuel Says:

Askupeh Says:

A very nice apology to a goy, Akupeh. I can hear violins...

May 13, 2010 at 07:25 PM Milhouse Says:

shimon Says:

The proof is that they disciplined this guy immediately.

May 13, 2010 at 07:26 PM Milhouse Says:

You can't take back your words, you said it you meant it.

Of course he meant it. But what's significant is that his boss made him retract it.

May 13, 2010 at 07:30 PM Milhouse Says:

David Says:

Um, how are you comparing the two? Do you think yisroel and nochrim are the same?!

May 13, 2010 at 07:39 PM Milhouse Says:

Askupeh Says:

ועמדו זרים ורעו צאנכם
והיו מלכים אומניך ושרותיהם מניקותיך
יעבדוך עמים וישתחוו לך לאומים...הן גביר שמתיו לך ואת כל אחיו נתתי לו לעבדים
מוטב שתהא בתי שפחה בבית זה ולא גבירה בבית אחר

May 14, 2010 at 08:59 AM Allan Says:

Blame the Jews... then go worship one...can someone explain this insanity. I would hope that their false messiah actually does come back some day and tells them all to get a lost.

May 14, 2010 at 09:17 AM One of the Elders Says:

David Says:

I'm so sorry!!! There's been a terrible oversight that you haven't been invited to meet with the other Elders of Zion to discuss our plans to dominate the world/media/banks/hollywood/other this year.

We'll have someone contact you right after Shavuos.

By the way, how'd you like the way we zinged that Lithuanian priest in Queens this week. That was a hoot.

May 14, 2010 at 01:13 PM Anonymous Says:

Avi Says:

I called him and told him a piece of my mind ...

Avi, what did the nitwit say? Anything?

May 14, 2010 at 02:06 PM Askupeh Says:

Shmuel Says:

A very nice apology to a goy, Akupeh. I can hear violins...

You forget that we are in Golus. Read the Hesped the Noda BeYehuda gave for Maria Theresa and it'll be an eye opener. It is not a Mitzva to make every gentile hate us. Also read the debate of the Ramban, which should also teach us how to behave in Golus.

May 17, 2010 at 12:11 AM vytis Says:

Asher Buchwalter Says:

there was no such thing as lithuanian ss. read history. thank you.