San Antonio, TX - Ron Paul: I Am Not An Anti-Semite

Published on: December 28, 2011 06:11 PM

A campaign sign for Republican presidential candidate U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, sits in front of home, Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2011, in Ankeny, Iowa. (AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall)San Antonio, TX - Texas Congressman Ron Paul, who is leading the polls in advance of next Tuesday’s Republican caucuses in Iowa, denies allegations that he has promoted anti-Semitism, saying that this would be “a betrayal of my own intellectual heritage.”

“Any kind of racism or anti-Semitism is incompatible with my philosophy,” Paul said in an interview with Haaretz, conducted by email. “Ludwig von Mises, the great economist whose writing helped inspire my political career, was a Jew who was forced to leave his native Austria to escape the Nazis. Mises wrote about the folly of seeing people as part of groups rather than as individuals,” Paul said.

Full story at Haaretz.com

New York - Officials at the Sept. 11 Memorial in New York City say they plan to announce Thursday that the site has had 1 million visitors since opening to the public... Hartford, CT - Fireplace ashes can be deceiving. Just ask anyone involved in the nearly 11,600 residential building fires in the U.S. each year that federal safety...

Dec 28, 2011 at 07:28 PM Anonymous Says:

I'm not an anti-Semite! Some of my best friends are Jewish...

Dec 28, 2011 at 07:21 PM Facts1 Says:

Question: Ron, would you have saved my grandmother from the gas chambers in Germany?

Answer: I share the same view as most libertarians that we should not have gotten involved in WWII.

Ok, so I guess in your wishful mind, I do not exist, so I cant vote.

Dec 28, 2011 at 07:13 PM skvererebbe Says:

most antisemites dont consider themself's as one , since for what they feel and think about jews , they see themself's restraining more then reacting !

Dec 28, 2011 at 06:55 PM Anonymous Says:

Deep words from an intelligent man who sees the value of individuals rather than blind groups

Dec 28, 2011 at 06:36 PM yaakov doe Says:

Maybe he's not an anti Semite, but he certainly is a nut, unfit for any office.

Dec 28, 2011 at 07:05 PM Anonymous Says:

If it quacks like a duck...

Dec 28, 2011 at 07:41 PM eighthcomment Says:

Haaretz can find the benefit of the doubt in the one who would allowed germany to butcher the entire Jewish nation- but has issues with the entire Charedi public for the silliness of a few. Someone needs to put Haaretz to sleep-

Dec 28, 2011 at 07:45 PM Secular Says:

I'm not a racist, despite of what the jewish-owned media says.

"Intellectual heritage" ???

Dec 28, 2011 at 08:05 PM Avreich1 Says:

Now he tells us -but the words are out of his mouth.

Jews have long memories.

Dec 28, 2011 at 08:13 PM Anonymous Says:

Ron Paul has plenty of the Aryan Nation members and other Nazis who support him!

Dec 28, 2011 at 08:21 PM ALLAN Says:

Nixon said he wasn't a crook....another non truth...sorry Ron ...don't believe you.

Dec 28, 2011 at 08:31 PM Anonymous Says:

yaakov doe Says:

Maybe he's not an anti Semite, but he certainly is a nut, unfit for any office.

Yaakov, is that because he refuses declare that as an American politician his first loyalty is to the State of Israel rather than to the United States? HOW MUCH do you Zionimlach want from American politicians?? Are politicians only fit when they serve as emissaries of the Knesset in the White House or Congress??

Dec 28, 2011 at 09:20 PM esther Says:

apparently they're only fit when they give massive goverment funds to kiryas yoel.

Dec 28, 2011 at 09:25 PM si girl Says:

#12. You are absolutly incorrect. No one asks him to to put Israeli interests first but he is politically very blind and thus very dangerous. If you don't see that it means that you are betraying what is so great about America- freedom and justice.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM yaakov doe Says:

No, he's a "nut" because of his unusual views on many matters. Without question he marches to a different drummer. An interesting candidate that could do much harm with executive orders such as to withdraw troops from our overseas bases. I wouldn't be surprised if he communicates with space aliens.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM harryw Says:

yaakov doe Says:

And how exactly does it serve the ineterest of the US to have bases all over the globe? You have now aircraft cariers and submarines that can get you to any positin around the globe in a reasonable time to respond to anything that calls for our intervention.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM Ron Paul Doth Protest Too Much Says:

Sounds like Richard Nixon proclaiming: 'I am not a crook!'

Dec 29, 2011 at 07:17 AM Benny Says:

I am not anti-Semite, I am just stupid...

Dec 29, 2011 at 07:30 AM SherryTheNoahide Says:

Ha! As a bi-racial woman, I get this sort of thing ALL THE TIME, when someone says something horribly rude about African American folks, and then find themselves trapped by their own words, once I make it known that I myself am half-black!

Then it becomes, "Oh! I didn't mean anything by it! Some of my BEST FRIENDS are black!"

LOL!!! (:-D

Save it Ron Paul! The Jews are way too smart for this nonsense!

They can spot an anti-semite from 2 miles away! (lol) You are never gonna convince them after everything you've said the past 20-30 years, (and even recently!), that you are somehow a friend to Israel!

At this point, even the Jews who can't STAND President Obama, think HE'S a better friend to Israel than you! And that's saying somethin!

Just go back to Texas, where lots of other folks think like you do, ok? The rest of us in the Progressive parts of the country have some serious decisions to make about who is going to run this country... and I can assure you, not many will be choosing you!

Dec 29, 2011 at 09:17 AM Materetsky Says:

SherryTheNoahide Says:

LOL!!! (:-D

Save it Ron Paul! The Jews are way too smart for this nonsense!

Sherry, please don't generalize. It is not ok to be prejudiced against people based on any thing- race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or even where they come from.
I moved from a state in the south to the "progressive" NY and have seen far more racism here than ever before. When I spoke to someone, a caucasian christian woman, about this, she defended herself with "well. That's because we have the worst blacks here in NY."

Likewise my sister lives in texas .
She is not affiliated with ron paul and those teachings and neither are most texans.

Dec 29, 2011 at 09:45 AM 5TResident Says:

Here is the bottom line.

Ron Paul believes that the Jewish state is more trouble than its worth. How long until he believes that Jews themselves are more trouble than they are worth?

Assuming he doesn't already believe that.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:18 AM itchemeir Says:

The only way I will vote for Obama is if Ron Paul is the Republican candidate rachmanah litzlan

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:21 AM Anonymous Says:

In defense of former President Richard M. Nixon, outside of his admitted coverup of the Watergate burglary, he did accomplish some good deeds while in office. He made contact with China, whose regime had been isolated for nearly twenty three years. Also, he established detente with the Soviet Union, and helped pave the way for emigration of thousands of Soviet Jews, and Soviet dissidents. During the Yom Kippur War, he came to the aid of Eretz Yisrael with a massive airlift of military supplies, which saved Israel. Even Golda Meir stated "For generations, all will be told of the immense planes from the United States, which meant life for our people".

Dec 29, 2011 at 02:00 PM Materetsky Says:

itchemeir Says:

I agree 100 percent

Dec 30, 2011 at 07:08 AM SherryTheNoahide Says:

Materetsky Says:

Likewise my sister lives in texas .

I'm sorry.

And I tried to post my apology on here a couple of days ago, but it's never posted, so I'm giving it another go-around.

But you're right: there ARE progressive places in Texas, (there's Austin, right?- lol), and plenty of bigots up North! It's all relative, isn't it?

I was probably speaking (or rather, writing) out of anger, and less out of actually trying to make a point. But it's not cool to make blanket generalizations about people, and so for that...

I give you my sincere apologies.

Thank You & G-d bless.

Dec 30, 2011 at 07:14 AM Anonymous Says:

why are you all writing so much about the obvious? You are all trying to convince each other of what you already believe!

Dec 30, 2011 at 01:18 PM Ariela Says:

Actions speak louder than words!!!